Farfetch Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Farfetch

2.8

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Farfetch (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty extensive, but I believe was adequate to the position. After completing an initial Skype interview, I was then asked to come in for my first face-to-face interview with a few of the current Account Managers. The third step was to complete a mock Monthly Report and present it to the AMs and director of their team. The last step was to come in for a fourth face-to-face with their Talent and People Manager.

Luckily, I already was already working downtown and my current employer at the time was aware of my search, so stepping out for the 3 in-office interviews was very easy, but I could see this being a challenge for someone not in the area.

Throughout the process everyone I met with was very personable and friendly. They asked the traditional interview questions ("How would ___ describe you", "What are your strengths/weaknesses", etc), but really dove into my skill set and previous experience, and focused more on those questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my knowledge of luxury boutiques in the US   1 Answer
    • Who are your favorite designers right now?   2 Answers
    • If a store didn't want to place any styles on markdown, how would you address the situation?   2 Answers
    • What was the last concert you went to?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farfetch (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied through an HR Coordinator. We set up a time to speak over the phone and review the job description along with my experience. The coordinator mentioned twice that I was overqualified for this position but I remained interested. We emailed back and forth for over a week trying to schedule a skype interview with the hiring manager. Once we were able to nail down a time to skype, we had both confirmed for the meeting midweek. I took time out of my workday to sit and wait for an hour and a half to connect with this coordinator and the hiring manager on the time and date we had confirmed. Thinking they may not have seen my email stating my skype address, I urgently emailed HR twice to try and connect. Ultimately, it was unsuccessful and they had responded hours later letting me know my emails had gone unseen and they were in meetings all the day before and the morning of. This was really aggravating, be it that I had thoroughly prepared and waited on them to connect via skype - VERY unprofessional. I let that slide because I knew this was a company or at the very least a mission I believe in and am passionate about. The third interview was in person, which began with speaking to the hiring manager, whom I thought I jived really well with. This person was professional, personable, and articulate with what the position entailed. The second interviewer was someone I would have been working closely under. This person was very kind and thorough with communicating expectations. Again, I thought there was potential. The third interviewer was head of another department that works with BD. This person came off strong and at that point, I was exhausted from keeping on my toes for 2.5 hrs. Albeit, I was able to have a productive conversation with this person, It was tough to come up with more questions on the spot that I needed to be addressed after having the first two answer them all. This may have been my fatal misstep. By the 3 hr mark, I had lost steam and was ready for it to be over, but I tried my best not to show it. When all was said and done, I left feeling confident that I had made a lasting impression on the first two interviewers. Weeks later, I was told there were a few other candidates with slightly more experience that they'd like to pursue further.

Interview Questions

• When you look back on your life, what is your biggest regret?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farfetch (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

This was the worst interview process that I have been subject to in a while. I had a phone interview which had to be rescheduled because they didn't call me at the scheduled time. They asked many Python questions which I answered. They later emailed me a vaguely worded coding exercise without really specifying the attributes they were looking for in the solution.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between threading and multiprocessing in Python? Tell me about the Python GIL.   Answer Question
    • Write a supermarket simulation. This was the coding exercise.   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farfetch (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was actually part of the first "Assessment Day" that was conducted in the LA office after a successful 15-20 minute Skype interview with an HR Representative a few days before. Even though it was the first time something like this was put together, I was impressed at how organized and thorough the presentation was. The staff was very friendly and helpful and had a very family-oriented atmosphere. After playing an initial ice breaker, we had a Q&A with Customer Service Supervisors and Senior Advisors, followed by a written test in which we were placed in the shoes of a Customer Service Advisor, answering questions that real customers have asked. After this, we participated in a group exercise, then received a tour of the office and relevant departments. After our tour, we were able to meet with a members of management for our sit down interviews. Because Assessment Day was conducted so thoroughly, we left confident that we knew exactly what this job entailed and what was expected of us as a Customer Service Advisors. I was very satisfied with the information that was provided and the warm atmosphere that was given.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Farfetch.

Interview

I applied on Glassdoor a couple weeks ago. They got back to me just a couple days ago. I had an initial call with a recruiter to talk more about the job. Then scheduled a written assessment and two 1 on 1 interviews a couple days later. Very fast. Nice people. Didn’t hear anything back after a couple days so best to assume I didn’t get it.

Interview Questions

Farfetch Response

6 Feb 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We are happy you've had a positive experience interviewing with us. We're sorry to hear it took a couple of days to get back to you. We are dedicated... More

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farfetch (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

This particular interview process consisted of 3 different interviews: phone interview with in house recruiter, assessment day at the office with other applicants plus 2 on 1 interview where you're speaking with HR + management, and finally a Skype interview with senior management who happened to be overseas at the time. Overall a positive and even fun experience. Fun? Bear with me: assessment day was cool to experience as it really showed this company is exciting and growing fast. It's an interactive day with your peers where you meet with HR and management. The Farfetch team was approachable and straightforward and the day was well paced and legit organized.

The reputation as 2008 fashion tech startup turned billion dollar fashion biz unicorn is apparent. So if you're legit excited about the company you may even enjoy some elements of this interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farfetch (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The whole process took more than 2 hours. It was a group interview, so we all gathered in the lobby and waited for about 40 minutes, they were running late I guess. Then finally we were greeted and welcomed to the room. It took about half an hour to discuss the interview questions, they were mainly regarding the company itself, like what do we know about it and how we would act in certain situations as a customer service representative. After that we were told that we should wait to call our names for the next step. It was 7-8 people besides me, and in at least 30 minutes they called just one of us. The HR guys were friendly but I wish the whole process was slightly faster.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farfetch in October 2016.

Interview

I participated in the first 'Assessment Day' that Farfetch LA conducted back in October of 2016 for Customer Service Representatives and I was really impressed with the organization and planning that went into it. From ice-breakers, group exercises, Q & A's with Customer Service Supervisors and written tests that put us directly in the shoes of Customer Service Representatives, I felt that having this conducted really helped me and the other people who participated have a thorough understanding of what we were to expect, and what would be expected of us should we be extended an offer of employment. I began that day with a rudimentary understanding of Farfetch and what their expectations were, and left with essential knowledge and detailed information. We as participants were initially very nervous at the start of the day, however the people responsible for putting Assessment Day together put us all at ease and were very friendly, approachable and genuinely kind. I was very happy and impressed with how the day progressed and appreciated the attention to detail and reasoning for every activity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Farfetch (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two separate interviews - The first one was in person at HQ and I interviewed with 2 supervisors and head of HR. I made it to the second round of interviews, which were conducted via Skype. I spoke with the Head of Customer Service as well as Operations.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer service issue.   Answer Question

Interview

Was pretty swift. Met with the North America CS Manager. Basic cs questions. Can you use computer? Who comes first, you or the customer? Any experience with Salesforce? Easy to get into this company

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.