Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2017

2.6

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I’ll explain the entire process I went through and I’ll add that much of the experience was positive in the beginning but it abruptly became negative. I applied online and the same day I was called by a recruiter for a per-screening. A phone interview was scheduled with the recruiter which lasted about 30-45 minutes. He told me about the job, asked me about my background and what I was looking for to make sure I was the right fit and he told me a lot about the company and the benefits, he was a very nice recruiter. He told me he would be sending my information to the hiring manager and that I would get a call or an email in a couple weeks. I got an email 2 days later saying wanted to schedule a phone interview with 3 other managers and myself. I made it through the phone interview which last about an hour, there were several questions on my background a couple behavioral, it was like a conversation, the managers were very pleasant and nice. They asked me to come in for a face to face in a couple of weeks, I had to fly out of state. I flew out of state for a face to face 4 panel behaviorial interview, with all the managers I had talked to before plus and additional manager I hadn’t met before. They told me about their backgrounds, their years with the company and their experiences. They asked me 4-5 behavioral questions, typical star format required for an answer. They were all very nice they told me about the job, after an hour and 30 minute interview they told me they’d call me in a week. I sent a thank you email the same day. A week passed, I sent a follow up email asking if I was still under consideration. This is of course where it became a negative experience. I never heard another word from them. Not even a simple generic pre-written rejection letter. This was puzzling to me but I suppose this is just the nature of the business. While the interview did not go bad, in fact it actually went pretty well, I walked out feeling good about it, but they obviously did not pick me, but that is not what made this experience negative. It was not a negative experience because I didn’t get the job, what made it so negative was the fact that after the 4th interview and after I flew out of state for them to interview me in person, they didn’t even have the decency to respond to any of my follow up emails (only 2) or at least send me a simple pre- written generic denial letter. I thought I was owed the latter at the bare minimum. I thought even that was just common courtesy after someone takes off work from their current job and flies out to interview with you, ( with them fully aware that you’re doing that) however I was wrong. I don’t ever take these things personally, like I said it’s just business, but to never hear another word one way or the other is just tacky. It takes a few seconds to submit a generic denial email. Bad business Farmers. My advice to any future candidates is watch your back with this company, they just leave you hanging. Once they get what they want and you’re not it, you’ll never hear another word. So don’t hold your breath. I wouldn’t invest too much time and jeopardize your current job for them if you have one. Even though it was positive in the beginning I have to give them a negative rating purely because what they did was so tacky and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you had to handle multiple priorities.
      Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager, etc.   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Applied online and received an E-mail from a recruiter to schedule an initial phone interview. Went over a few projects and experiences in resume , few HR questions. It was a relatively easy interview. Recruiter did not follow up after this interview and did not respond to the follow up mails as well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview, I heard is different for each group. It is typically 3 months for outside hiring. The initial vetting is through HR, and that's the longest time. After a 'manager interview,' you might be asked for a second interview. That process might take 2-3 weeks before offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with Stress   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Behavioral based questions utilizing the STAR method. Phone interview then an in-office interview. Great experience with recruiters and felt as if the process was mutually beneficial. I can not say enough great things about the hiring team and the office managers.

Agency Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. I was asked to come in for a thirty-minute interview. The district office then had me interview with an agent that was again a thirty-minute interview.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?
      What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from a recruiter a week later. Went in for an interview with three hiring managers. The whole process took about an month.

Interview Questions

• All the interview question are behavioral based if you use the star method you should be fine.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

General background interview questions were asked. Past work experience and why I wanted to work here. What did i like about working at Farmers. They seemed very dull and straight forward over the phone interview which made me feel nervous and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Management was very approachable and easy to talk too. I felt I was having a conversation with one of my friends that was easy to follow. Although new to insurance when starting, I let him know that I'm a very self-driven person, who puts there mind to anything. He took a leap and I succeeded.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know the Insurance Industry? How many years have you been involved in Marketing.   1 Answer

Reserve District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Screening interview followed by face-to-face interview. I was called 1 hour before interview to see if I would be coming. Told person I would replace had not returned from leave. Never received any follow up contact about hiring decision outcome. I liked the hiring manager, but it seemed odd that there was such a lack of professionalism attached to position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

What a hot mess. Recruiter contacts me for phone interview. No feedback or any updates until a month later... to schedule another phone interview because the same recruiter forgot that she already talked to me.

Decide to humor her and take the call again. She seems to realize we actually talked. Thinks that I talked to hiring managers already. I let her know she ghosted me and that I haven't talked to anyone.

She claims that she'll definitely pass my info along.

That was a month ago and I've had absolutely zero communication. Lol.

Recruiter had no answers for my questions either.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.