Fidelity Investments Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Fidelity Investments Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Fidelity Investments

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Long! Over two months from initial phone screen to end of negotiations. It was very well organized so there were no surprises with each phase, but the wait time towards the end rounds was long.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, but there was an hour-long test to show day-to-day ability to solve relevant business problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the title as it was flexible based on experience. Although I didn't ask for it, the higher title naturally brought a bump in salary as well as bonus potential which I assumed would happen (and therefore didn't ask for, so long as the title was given). I felt they really weighed my case and I appreciated the process (though it took about two weeks).

I was mostly annoyed at the lack of transparency around the title / role and how they were going to scale the offer based on your background, until the offer actually came in (and surprised me at the lower end).

I would have beendisappointed if I didn't get the offer, so can only imagine the other final candidate was turned off from the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

HR is the first line of review. Next comes the group that does the hiring. The process was very quick for me, a total of 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got an offer. I gave a counter offer and it was accepted.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Covington, KY (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Hr screen followed by phone screen followed by 1 on1 in person interview. Note hr is very slow and delay the overall hiring and I boarding process. The hr tends to be very repetitious

Interview Questions

• There were no out of the ordinary standard interview questions   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Standard process beginning with a phone screening, moving to a phone interview, and finally an on-site half-day interview with 4 team members. After my on-site interviews, I was asked to do one follow-up phone call with the hiring manager. The offer letter came a few days after that. In all phases of the process, the interview questions were primarily behavioral and resume-focused. I enjoyed the process overall.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicting priorities in a working environment?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (New York, NY (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Thorough interviews and adaptive testing. Phone screens and multiple in person interviews over a period of 5-6 weeks. Met with several layers of management in addition to the hiring manager. Interviews were very informative and helpful in preparing candidates for their position. Provided good company background info and by the time I was hired felt that I was well prepared for the challenges

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiated salary and vacation

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

You go through a phone interview and then a multi-round interview process. Process can take weeks since there are multiple individuals in the process. If you are a final candidate, they will check your references. If all goes well, they will give you an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current role?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screen in early November and was told I would hear back in a week or so. Two weeks later I sent an email reiterating my interest and asking if there was any decision about whether my candidacy would be moved forward. The recruiter said he should know something by the end of the week. End of the week came and went and when I didn't hear anything I thought they had decided not to move me forward. Fine.

Nearly two months after the phone screen I received a call from the recruiter asking to set up some time to come in and meet with the hiring manager. When I expressed surprise because of the amount of time that had gone by since the phone interview, he said it was because of vacations, holidays etc. Ok. That makes sense.

I had an interview at the end of January. I sent thank you notes to the hiring manager as well as the other people I met with. I also sent a note to the recruiter asking about timing. He told me he would know something in about 2 weeks.

One month later, no word, so I sent another email. Again, I got a push-back saying they had just finished interviewing and he was meeting with the hiring manager the next day and would provide me with an update then.

One week after that I saw that they have re-posted the job req. So, once again, I sent the recruiter a note, telling him that I saw they re-posted the job and I assume that means they weren't moving forward with my candidacy but was hoping to get confirmation so I could close the chapter on the process.

He responded a couple hours later and AGAIN told me no decision had been made and he was talking to the hiring manager and would let me know what he found out.

Guess what? Two months after my in-person interview, still no offer and no official rejection. But the job req is still sitting out there.

This is incredibly rude and unprofessional. I have actually worked for them in the past and am very disappointed to have been treated so poorly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Applied online and was reached by a recruiter after 4 weeks. Was sent a HireVue link to record my answers to questions via video. I read the "Terms and Conditions" of Hirevue and declined to go ahead with the video recording --I havent heard back from the recruiter since. Few issues: 1) I understand using technology but this way is very impersonal 2) Company is basically saying they dont trust their managers and recruitment team to converse properly and make decisions. 3) HireVue terms and conditions basically say that Fidelity owns all rights to the recording and they can use anyway they want for as long as they want and the applicant waives any rights. 4) I have also heard that HireVue does some Ai stuff on the videos with eye movements, blinking etc and analyze personality traits --this i a glorified lie detector cum gene therapy type setup and soon companies are going to go down for this service. Not to mention it can also breed gender, race bias.

I wasn't expecting Fidelity to use this kind of service, given their spiel about caring and connecting with people.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI (US)).

Interview

At the beginning, the process was very well organized. The recruiter contacted me a few days after receiving my application, and subsequent interviews with the hiring manager and colleagues took place over the next several weeks. The interview schedules were communicated well, and all of the interviewers were punctual and professional.

I had been told by the recruiter that the interviews went very well, and that they would be in touch with next steps. I never heard another word after that.

When I followed up with the recruiter to inquire on the status of the hiring decision, I got no answer. I was surprised, as I would have expected more professionalism and courtesy in the way Fidelity treats their candidates.

Application

Interview

Phone interview and followed by In person interview
    4 Persons interviewed 30 mins each
    Hiring Manager, Peers
    Phone interview and followed by In person interview
    4 Persons interviewed 30 mins each
    Hiring Manager, Peers

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.