Fidelity Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Fidelity Investments

2,202 Interview Reviews

2.8

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

After the initial application, there were the recorded interview questions. Those are always stressful as its hard to not be talking with an actual human. But, practicing for them helped and I was able to stay relaxed. Then came a phone interview which was so much easier. Just chatting about the position and why you would be a good fit. Lots of opportunities to share your experiences in customer service. Then, I took the GATE test with a follow up call after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to talk to a dissatisfied customer.
      What is your outlook towards taking the Series 7 and Series 63 exams?   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2020.

Interview

Started with a HireVue interview, 7 questions long . Then a phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes. The interviewer was interested in knowing how my previous role will help me to excel at Fidelity. She was very knowledgeable about the company but became irritated very easily and even cut me off in the middle of my sentence by saying “ok ok ok”. I was still offered the pre-employment assessment and plan to do a follow up interview. After completing the assessment the recruiter set up a follow up phone Interview, and she asked, how did I think I do on the assessment. I responded and told her an “A” . She then told me that it is not a pass or fail assessment and that I did score average. She stated that self awareness is extremely important for the role and because I scored lower than I thought I did, she will not be moving forward with me.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

I had a phone screen followed by a sit down interview. Standard, no surprises. Hiring manager was very polite and cordial. Retail setting with private cubes. You just need a positive customer service approach.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

First the recruiter had me do a digital interview via HireVue where the program asks you basic interview questions and video records your answers. Then there's a phone call, then an in-person interview with the branch manager. The in-person interview lasted an hour with many in-depth questions.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Phone call to review resume and experience. I met all the criteria for the position I applied for and then some. Fidelity (I feel) is deceptive in that they change the criteria and the pay is ridiculously low. Explains why they actively seek out recent college graduates. Should look at the value an experience professional brings to the job and the savings on training they would provide. Claims to offer relocation, but that is not true. Lots of puffing to get you to apply.

Interview Questions

Ridiculously low pay which doesn't matter your experience level or education. They obviously only one very green college graduates.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Quick, to the point although multiple layered. Good process to help weed out the people who really want and will succeed at the position and with the company long term.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you went above and beyond to assist a client. (No offer yet, still in Interview process)   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward and simple. They are looking for enthusiasm about the Investment field; people who are willing to study hard for the extremely difficult Series 7 & 63 exams and are confident that they will pass; and excellent customer service skills.
    You will be offered time to ask your own questions. Be very careful in asking questions. Try to keep questions as vague and pc as possible and phrase your inquiries in such a manner that is praising their company and highlights company achievements.

Interview Questions

• How are you in high volume and stress situations   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself with this company in 3 years?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, one behavioral and one technical. The technical interview had me interview with two separate people. The interview was relatively easy, considering I was still a junior in college so the questions were mainly about basic data structures and abstraction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a project member didn't pull his/her weight   Answer Question

Workplace Planning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Denver, CO (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Interview is very laid back

They want very thorough and detailed answers

Make sure your long term goals align with the company (as soon as I mentioned another industry you could tell their interest faded)

Financial Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2020.

Interview

First interview was a video interview through HireVue; 7 questions from a pre-recording. They contacted me to schedule a phone interview for the next week. I will review once the phone interview is complete.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Fidelity?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about taking the SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 exams?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.