Fidelity Investments Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Fidelity Investments Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Fidelity Investments

2.6

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

HR screening plus technical screening plus management screening followed by HR offer.
Technical interview was with respect to technical coding since the position involved coding requirement.
Competitive salary as per industry standards.

Interview Questions

• Technical skills related question.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

1. Vendor phone - basic preliminary software questions
    2. mini web rest based project assignment
    3. phone /skype - technical questions in 4 different levels sr developer, architect, VP and manager
    4. after few days confirmed for 6 months contract with possible extension

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

No HR interview. HR communicated over email. Hiring Manager interviewed, directly. Then onsite interview. Some of the interviewers didn't even know basic java. An interviewer seeing private constructor written for a Java enum was asking why it is like this? Then the other interviewer explained him why it is private. These people manage common people's assets and wealth ! Great !

Interview Questions

• Asked me about general java in telephonic round and also if I know enterprise design patterns. Why am I looking for a change.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Durham, NC (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

On site 3 hours interview. Followed by manager, senior developer and Architect. First round managerial questions then questions related to your experience and design. Last round more technical towards coding and how would you design the APIs.

Interview Questions

• How you write code to reverse string in Java? What steps to be taken to improvement of your written code. Next there were code snippets which asked you to explain through and define output.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

I was referred by a company's employee. This is a contractor position.
    A week later, I was put in 1/2 hour technical interview via the phone. The questions included Java multithreading, singleton design pattern, server-side JSP, HTTP protocols, XML, etc.
    I then was called in for the face-to-face interview. I was told it was supposed to be group/panel setting, but when I arrived, there was only one person sitting in the conf. room and the other person was on the phone (I guess he was working from home that day!!!). The first face-to-face interview lasted for one hour. They throw more questions on me first (adding cookies, more Java threading, serialization, etc). The guy who was on the phone had very heavy accent, therefore, I constantly struggled with understanding his questions. Next hour, I was interviewed by two engineers from Boston via the phone again. They did not ask any question but asked me if I had any question. I asked them about what project they were working on. How did the product being tested and supported? Most questions I asked were process related. I cannot believe I was the one who tried o fill that one hour. interview.
    Finally, I was interviewed with the Director. The first question was "Do you have any Java experience?" I thought "my god, didn't you read my resume? Java was the major programming language I have been developing in the past 12 years" but I answered (with a smile), yes.
    Before I left the company, I was told "You will be contacted no matter what".
    I have never heard from the company despite I wrote a thankyou email and asked being notified
    as soon as the final decision is made. I tried to call again. I got the answer was the decision has not
    been made. It hen heard from my friend that they have hired someone else who is "younger".

My conclusion is: they did not want me first place. Because my friend submitted my resume, therefore, they have to do something about it. There was no reason they can reject me, therefore they did not even bother to let me know the decision.

Interview Questions

• What is Singleton design pattern? Give me a recent example you have implemented.   1 Answer
    • What is HTTP protocol? What is the difference between POST and GET method?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Interview was completely technical and 3 people interview me. Each person took 30 minutes and it went for one and half hour. Questions were tough and were related to previous project and they ask each and every aspect of their job requirements. They even ask about version tool and HPQC also.

Interview Questions

• questions about features in latest release in oracle
      Differences between previous and new release   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Smithfield, RI (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Hr called me, then a phone interview. After that was the usual interview with 4 people. And a final interview with VP.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was asking a command with options. But just naming the coomand was enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotioation.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Technical interview followed by Personal interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

(1) In person interview with recruiting firm. They just go over your resume and make sure you can comb your hair and speak cogent English.

(2) Phone interview with a team Engineer. Very basic questions about your resume and experience.

(3) On site interview. Behavioral questions with project manager, program manager and an architect. Asked to write some very primitive code and then unit tests for it. Asked to diagram a simple state machine on the white board. Asked some "what if" questions around designing an application architecture.

Also interviewed with another team, same format as above, but assigned a coding assignment by email (command line Java timer application). Emailed in code and then was asked to walk through it at the in person interview and explain how it worked and why I wrote it that way.

Interview Questions

• All very easy. In person coding question was so trivial I started down a few more complex paths until I realized it really was that trivial.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, got a larger signing bonus and salary.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Phone screening first, then on site 1:1 interview with 3+ people. Some detail technical questions, But more is about past experiences, such as what was most challenging issue you have ever faced, how did you work on it, what did you like most in your past job, etc

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.