FinancialForce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FinancialForce Interview Questions

Updated 26 Mar 2018

3.2

Strategic Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FinancialForce (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Terrible interview experience that led me to pull my name from consideration.

Started off by getting recruited for position. Went through a phone screen and told me she loved me as a candidate. Moved forward to meeting the VP (direct report) who was in from San Fran a few days later. Moved onto next round and met with one of the managers and his AEs. Radio silence for the next 3 weeks despite reaching out to the recruiter numerous times. Eventually, after reaching out to the VP a few times, I was told I’m still very much being considered but they’ve been busy. He then sets up a phone meeting with his boss (a month after initial interview). No word back for another two weeks despite following up. Finally, about 3 weeks later, I received an email saying they’re close to a decision and things would be more clear after the weekend. Another two weeks go by without any communication (again, despite my following up) and I decide to withdraw my name.

1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. In-person interview with VP
    3. In-person interview with sales team manager and AE
    4. Phone interview with Global VP

Over 2 months from initial interview to my withdrawal.

Recruiter, despite “living her life with transparency,” disappeared (after being communicative via text) until I withdrew my name.

Interview Questions

FinancialForce Response

28 Feb 2018 – Sr Director, Global TA

Thank you so much for the details of your experience during your interview process. This is definitely not the type of Candidate Experience we are striving for at FinancialForce and sincere... More

Mid Market Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, phone interview with vp, 4-5 hour in person interview with multiple people. Flew to SFO in for in person interview. Travel Expenses covered 100% by candidate and then reimbursed - in my case 3 weeks after interview. It took a number of rounds of emails to finally get expenses paid.

Interview schedule allowed 30min for lunch which was barely enough time to run across the street to subway - was not offered to have lunch with hiring manager or any other member of organization. Thought that was a little odd given the role and expense of flying someone in.

Seemed as though they want sales candidates to follow their prescriptive process without thought. Have to do it their way even if your experience and style is successful. Felt like they were looking for sales robots. Got more of an "oracle type" sales culture feel overall but didn't get that impression until I was onsite.

Whole process took about 70 days from start to finish.

Interview Questions

FinancialForce Response

7 Aug 2017 – SVP HR

Thank you for your frank and direct feedback regarding your interview experience with us. Let me begin by apologizing for this experience. I feel strongly that a candidate's experience, as they... More

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I have to agree with another commenter: the recruiter collected my resume and then cut off all communication. No email response whatsoever. This is very rude, especially coming from a Principal in-house recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Recruiter collected my resume and stopped talking.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and after a brief discussion, he asked for my resume. I promptly send it to him, but after that, there was no more communication. No email or anything like that.

I think it is very unprofessional and rude for a recruiter to just cutting off all communication at this stage. If I am not a good fit, a simple email notifying the candidate will be acceptable.

As it is right now, FinancialForce.com recruiter just flat out ignored me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. The recruiter stopped any communication after receiving my resume.   Answer Question

AE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FinancialForce (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

4 steps
    Presentation as last step
    Met with RVP, VP of Sales Commercial
    It was a standard get to know you, experience you have, what you would bring to the team.
    Nothing out of the ordinary from any other sales interview I have been apart of.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your territory
      Mock sales presentation for discovery/ demo w/ prospect   Answer Question

Interview

Interview process was very efficient and they didn't waste my time. The recruiter I worked with was amazing helping me through every step of the way.

First had a call wth the recruiter. That lead to a phone call to the hiring manager. Next I went onsite to meet key managers then came back one last time to meet the chief officer.

Next was offer time!

I really appreciate them being so efficient and not wasting time. When you know you want a candidate and a candidate knows they want you - it's best to do it exactly how they did! Good job team! Excited to join!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you were faced with dealing with a difficult customer and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Mid Market Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FinancialForce in May 2016.

Interview

First Round was with HR and standard questions, very professional. No problem

Second Round was with Manager and very frustrating. He answered my questions with a question. Example: Me: Which vertical is most successful in the mid-market? "Well, you did your research what do you think?" He asked me for value prop on their product and what was the last podcast I listened to. I don't listen to podcasts. When I called to follow up on next steps he told me that I did not make the cut.
    Reason: Value prop was a little shaky and I don't have enough contacts on my Linkedin. Got the definite impression that AGE was a factor. I always overachieved my quotas and had the W-2s to prove it. He was more concerned with window dressing and not what an older female sales executive could bring to the table. Interesting side note: we shared a connection, he couldn't tell me much about him and obviously did not know him. Oh, and he cut and pasted his summary from FFs website. Really impressive!

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself progressive with technology both professionally and personally?
      Another reason why I think age was a factor!   1 Answer

7 Aug 2017 – SVP HR

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your interview experience with us. Although I acknowledge that I am very disappointed that you had this experience we always appreciate constructive and... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process went okay although there was some confusion due to some of the staff involved in the process being new. It was decently paced and I appreciated being kept in the loop with where things were at.

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FinancialForce.

Interview

It was a length phone interview, describing the job. It sounds more technical than actual accounting work. I would say if you are more interested in the technical side of helping people with questions that this would be right for you.

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FinancialForce in May 2015.

Interview

Overall positive experience. The interview was more like a conversation and not an interview. Initial call was exactly 30 minutes. The second interview was the same...very casual and exactly 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.