FinancialForce Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FinancialForce Interview Questions

Updated 6 Aug 2018

3.1

Strategic Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FinancialForce (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Terrible interview experience that led me to pull my name from consideration.

Started off by getting recruited for position. Went through a phone screen and told me she loved me as a candidate. Moved forward to meeting the VP (direct report) who was in from San Fran a few days later. Moved onto next round and met with one of the managers and his AEs. Radio silence for the next 3 weeks despite reaching out to the recruiter numerous times. Eventually, after reaching out to the VP a few times, I was told I’m still very much being considered but they’ve been busy. He then sets up a phone meeting with his boss (a month after initial interview). No word back for another two weeks despite following up. Finally, about 3 weeks later, I received an email saying they’re close to a decision and things would be more clear after the weekend. Another two weeks go by without any communication (again, despite my following up) and I decide to withdraw my name.

1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. In-person interview with VP
    3. In-person interview with sales team manager and AE
    4. Phone interview with Global VP

Over 2 months from initial interview to my withdrawal.

Recruiter, despite “living her life with transparency,” disappeared (after being communicative via text) until I withdrew my name.

Interview Questions

FinancialForce Response

28 Feb 2018 – Sr Director, Global TA

Thank you so much for the details of your experience during your interview process. This is definitely not the type of Candidate Experience we are striving for at FinancialForce and sincere... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

You can expect to be interviewed by several people (both managers and potential colleagues). It's rather laid back as interviews go, nothing to stress about too much. That said, definitely need to prepare and simply ask when you don't understand things (some products very complex). No hard curveball questions, seems like much of what they want to do is understand if you're a good culture fit in addition to potentially a good worker.

Interview Questions

• Who is your first customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

First round - HR (phone). They try to find out why you want to work at FF and immediately tell you the comp (which is good for entry level)

Second Round - Inside sales manager (phone). Basically the same interview as the first round. Why FF?

Third Round - Met the BDR manager, Inside sales manager, an AE, and someone who is currently working in the ISR role.

Everyone was nice and got straight to the point. Why sales? Why FF? Can you deal with rejection? Basic stuff.

Fourth round: presentation to a group of 4. I had to prep a PowerPoint and explain why I was the perfect fit for the job. They asked questions throughout the presentation.

I felt that the fit was great and can not wait to start working here.

Ask around, people genuinely seem to love it.

Negotiation

The salary is what it is. I chose FF because it is an amazing company with a top notch culture. Also, as you progress the salary jumps quickly.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial phone call with head recruiter. Secondary in-person interview with head recruiter. Third interview and presentation with head of sales and VP of sales.

Interview Questions

• If one of your customers said no to your product what would you do to convince them otherwise?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Each ISR is given the same salary. I took the job because I know it's a great opportunity and I want to grow with the company as a whole.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was connected with the hiring manager via a personal connection. We exchanged a few emails and I sent her my resume and a cover letter. After that I had a phone screen with her and we hit it off. We had a lot in common and had a great conversation. A few weeks after that we scheduled an in person interview. During the interview I spoke with the hiring manager and two other employees about my qualifications and the expectations of the role. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in learning about me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have much experience working autonomously under general directions?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FinancialForce.

Interview

4-5 part process:
    Call with Internal Recruiter
    Call with Director of Sales for Region
    Call with Director of Sales for North America (if different from regional director - Director of North American Sales is currently the regional director on the west coast as well so you might just have 1 call with him)
    Call with VP of Sales for entire company
    Final presentation (done virtually) on a mock business for 45 minutes.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

My experience with interviewing was very negative. I am an extremely high performing sales person at a multi billion dollar advertising company and have served 6 years in the Marines in a special forces unit.

I told my referral I wanted to interview for the AE role. She had a recruiter call me and speak to me about the role but said I didnt have any saas sales experience so only the entry level BDR position would fit he said. I told him I wasnt interested.

A month later the recruiter calls and tells me they want to interview me. Once I got the confirmation email, it said it was for the BDR role. I told him I wasnt interested but he and my referral insisted I interview anyways to see if the AE role may still be doable. After a lot of convincing, I agreed to do the interview.

The interview went very smoothly. A couple hours after the recruiter emails me that I wasnt qualified for the AE role and that "he told me so". I was floored.

Moral of the story: recruiters will do or say anything to get you in the interview even if they know you dont want that role. All that matters is the quota they must fill for interviews.

Also, if you plan to go into software sales at FF, Be prepared to start off from entry level. Life experience and sales excellence are not factors that go into their decision making process. Just a saas background is all that matters for the AE role.

Interview Questions

• What tactics do you use to get past a gatekeeper and talk to the DM?   Answer Question

AE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FinancialForce (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

4 steps
    Presentation as last step
    Met with RVP, VP of Sales Commercial
    It was a standard get to know you, experience you have, what you would bring to the team.
    Nothing out of the ordinary from any other sales interview I have been apart of.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your territory
      Mock sales presentation for discovery/ demo w/ prospect   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FinancialForce (San Mateo, CA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

I had an initial interview with the HR manager. I wasn't extremely serious with taking this job, until I had two phone interviews with a consultant and pre-sales engineer. I was impressed with their knowledge, attitude, and overall excitement with the products they were working with. I then had a follow-up face-to-face with the General Manager, and the team members I would be working with. After this, I was certain that this was the company I wanted to work for.

Interview Questions

• I was provided with a task, to be completed in my own time, to gain a better understanding of Salesforce Administration, and whether this as suited to my skill-set.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FinancialForce.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was good, but lengthy. The company wanted to make sure that I was well vetted by managers and peers. I thought it was quite good and gave me a great look into the company and what I could be doing. The questions asked of me were fair, but tough.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was little to know negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.