First Central Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 9 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Central

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at First Central (Manchester, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

45 minute interview. talked about my own CV and about myself. followed by what i knew about the company. got asked competency based questions such as biggest achievement, biggest weakness, discuss a time working in a team, discuss a time where you dealt with conflict. then lastly followed with some motor insurance questions and like scenario questions. and then asked if i had any questions

Interview Questions
  • what has been your biggest achievement
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Central (London, England, England)

Interview

I applied directly through the website and was invited to a telephone interview via email by their recruitment team. This was an informal chat about my cv history to see if I had the skill set for the role. I was invited to a second video interview by email. This was competency based and bother managers were friendly and interview went well. They advised HR would let me know in a weeks time. This is where it went down hill. I never received a response for nearly two weeks so emailed for an update which I didn't get a response too. I followed up with a second email to the generic recruitment email address. I was then told I wasn't successful but got good feedback from the hiring managers. Having to chase their own recruitment for an update left a bitter taste for the company. I felt that's bad practice having candidates have to chase for an update after taking part in two interviews. I hope this was a one off and the recruiter gives candidate's feedback once available.

Interview Questions
  • team player communication strengths and weaknesses technical experience
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Central (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland) in May 2020

Interview

really standard interview questions and a short role-playing situation where the interviewer would pretend to be a customer phoning up with a regular query that you might face in the contact centre if you are successful and do go on to work for them

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you overcame something challenging in work?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at First Central (London, England, England) in May 2020

Interview

All conducted over the phone. I had a teams call with my (now) manager and the head of. They were both very relaxed and we were all sitting in the garden. The next day I was offered the role and started a week later. The only down side was I was sent the laptop and no instructions on how to log in or anything. I had to wait for my first day and my manager had to talk me through the process.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you different to others

First Central

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Central in Feb 2020

Interview

Phone call with HR followed up by a face to face interview with line manager and hr representative. Delivered a presentation and had to produce a portfolio . Interview mainly strength based questions and some technical questions Wasn't offered the role, this wasn't an issue, however the feedback was very poor. Was told I didn't have experience in a particular area, when there wasn't a question to cover that area of competence.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salford, North West England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Central (Salford, North West England, England, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

Competency based question. They were very friendly and the interview lasted over an hour. Scenario’s based on claims were also asked. 2 weeks for feedback although 4 weeks is the estimate.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you faced a difficult situation and how did you rectify it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Central (Manchester, England, England) in Oct 2018

Interview

Sent my CV and HR contacted me to arrange an interview. I was interviewed with the head of department for about half an hour and a member of their team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Central (Manchester, England, England)

Interview

Strengths based interview where you have to give examples. A few technical questions at the end on the actual job role. 1 on 1 with the hiring manager (HR representative is also there).

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest strength.,what is your greatest weakness.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Central (Manchester, England, England) in Jun 2016

Interview

Applied via the company website, was contacted and kept up to date by the HR department. Interview was thorough and fit for purpose. Felt professional arranged and well put together

Interview Questions
  • Experience and technical knowledge
RSS Feed</>Embed