First Republic Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 250 of over 250 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at First Republic Bank

First Republic Bank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Republic Bank

Interview

For the first step, they have an initial phone screen to determine if you would be a good fit with the company and are worth moving forward to further interviews.

Interview Questions
  • What interests you in working for First Republic Bank?
    Answer Question

First Republic Bank

Application

I interviewed at First Republic Bank

Interview

Apart from meeting with a host of people, the interview process was straight forward and communication from HR re: scheduling was excellent. Some questions seemed a bit unusual for the role but mostly the interviewers were conversational and interested in my experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about First Republic Bank

Join the conversation on

Finance

85.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=First Republic Bank~859
Join the conversation on

First Republic Bank

Application

I interviewed at First Republic Bank

Interview

Expect MANY interviews! You will meet a variety of leaders throughout the organization. The process is lengthy but worth it. By the end, they know you -- and you are equipped to make an informed decision about First Republic!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

First Republic Bank

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Republic Bank in Jul 2022

Interview

I was contacted via a 3rd party recruiter who was handling multiple positions for FRB. After an initial phone screen and some back and forth a technical interview was scheduled; to be between me, two people from the recruiting agency, and two team members from FRB (was only made aware of this via the invitees on the calendar document). Neither of the staff from FRB were present and the recruiting agency staff waited a couple of minutes, then proceeded with the interview regardless. Upon starting the interview I was asked to turn my video on. This was a Q&A conversational tech interview. They did not turn their video on for the entire interview. Strange, but not really a problem. The major problems were that: 1) it seemed the interviewer was just reading a list of questions that he did not understand. 2) Some of the questions were out of date and referring to pre ES6 JavaScript, which may explain the next issues. 3) I was incorrectly corrected multiple times when answering with modern solutions/explanations, and when I asked qualifying questions to understand their correction (aka correct them without being assertive), it was hand waved with "that's not relevant here" or "that has nothing to do with the question" (closures are unrelated to scope? Arrow functions have nothing to do with "this"?, for example). The whole process was unprofessional and embarrassing for them and I do not recommend applying to FRB at least through any 3rd party. I certainly won’t be in the future.

Interview Questions
  • Basic JS knowledge such as: What is "this" keyword in javascript. What is Hoisting? etc...

First Republic Bank

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at First Republic Bank in Jul 2022

Interview

I applied through contracting agency. First round was conversational with hiring manager. Second round was with hiring manager and team. It was 2 hour rounds of interview. Many behavioral questions, situational questions , technical questions about Python, excel and Sql.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Difference between union vs join by, where vs having, group by and partition functions. 2. given a query related to partition function .

First Republic Bank

Application

I interviewed at First Republic Bank

Interview

It was a very conversational interview and by far one of the easier interviews I've experienced. It was a series of 3 'interviews'. one was a phone interview, a zoom call with the recruiter and an interview with 2 managers.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with a team member that is not holding up their end?

First Republic Bank

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank

Interview

Relaxed interviewing describing any passion/side DS projects I've done and my past work experience. Technical questions (deep learning) based on my resume were asked. Behavioral questions such as name a difficulty you encountered at your previous job and how you handled it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2022

Interview

Zoom interviews were coordinated by Recruiting Agency. Interviewers were professional and not intimidating. They were honest about the hectic environment and long work hours. Status of hiring process was timely.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at First Republic Bank (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2022

Interview

Quick calls with HR, then 3 30 minute panels. 1 technical, 2 behavioral. Some red flags: 1) All 3 rounds had some kind of scheduling/rescheduling problems, someone had to drop halfway through the first, another didn't even show up to the second round. The technical round had to be rescheduled to the week after despite scheduling around FRB's requests the entire time. 2) Technical round of panelists was conducted very poorly. Questions and expectations for answers were not clear. For example, one interviewer told me that I wouldn't need to write out code, just explain my thought process. Second interviewer had me write out the code anyway. Second interviewer was also very rude, constantly cutting off the other interviewer and myself multiple times. Did not give me time to ask questions at the end before he hung up and left the call abruptly. It doesn't take much to be professional and polite.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at First Republic Bank (New York, NY)

Interview

Concise. All the interviews were back to back on one day. Sent in my resume and got an interview request fairly quickly which was great. Although it takes a while to hear back after the interviews are all over.

Interview Questions
  • What project management style do you follow. Why do you want to join First Republic Bank.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 250 Interviews