Ford Motor Company Zone Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ford Motor Company Zone Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Ford Motor Company

3.7

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

- first, there was a one-on-one interview at my college. I got the interview by leaving my resume with someone at a career fair.
- After you get through the first round, you will spend the weekend in Dearborn for final interview. They ask you to review a case study and have it prepared as well as do role plays and tests.

Interview Questions

• - look at this chart and tell me what you notice.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Tempe, AZ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through school website "Handshake" and then through the company website. Completed an assessment, and was asked to interview. Interview was 30 minutes long and conducted by two members of the company. Was asked five behavioral questions, and two technical or scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a you went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview with 2 separate managers, then you fly to Dearborn MI for a interview event. They give you group and individual projects to do and observe you while you work and interact with you as the day progresses. Its exhausting but thorough because all the people you work with are top notch.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The process was quick. Interviewed at my university and was asked basic behavioral questions. There was a bit of a mix-up with applicants, so unfortunately I ended up on the wrong email list and am fairly certain my application was forgotten, and I never recieved a follow-up email.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Tempe, AZ (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Submitted application online, had to complete several online tests that involved mathematics and general business related questions. Then received an email for a follow-up interview on campus the following week.

Zone Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Took 30 minutes to ask behavioral questions as well as talk about the role. Was given a balance sheet before the interview and was told to keep it until the interview.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saline, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Saline, MI (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Initial Phone Screening followed by a formal day interview if Phone portion went well. At the Talent Center you will do a 30 minute role play doing some things the job would require you to do on a daily basis, you first study a packet for a half hour then it begins.

You will also be interviewed by a panel team with the more generic formal questions. Around 10-15 questions that are relatively long and require some preparation.

Optional tour of factory to follow.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you took a risk and how it turned out   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were innovative and creative and the result   Answer Question
    • How would you motivate your team if they were burnt out or bored   Answer Question
    • How does ypur leadership handle adversity   Answer Question

Zone Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Met them on campus at a career fair. Was invited to an on-campus interview not too long after that (maybe a 4-5 days later). Many of these questions were general behavioral questions (only 5). After I interviewed I heard 2 days later that I got an interview on their Ford Campus in Allen Park, MI. This was a lot more extensive. Included a case study and role play with a dealer, and then after than 10+ behavioral questions that had many follow-up questions to dig deeper into your stories. These are very difficult. Do lots of research and prepare ahead of time with many power stories. And of course have a good response to Why Ford. Heard on an offer about 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to fix a mistake you made, Name a time when you worked in a group and there was a positive outcome, Talk about a time you came with something innovative or creative, Talk about a time when you were under a constraint (product, time, etc.), Many Leadership questions, as well as times when you were in a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Went to Dearborn for a morning-long event. There was a panel interview and then a simulated dealer meeting where you had a bunch of fake emails and numbers to look at for about 30 min before the role play starts.
    I thought it went ok and the lady there said to expect a correspondence in about 3-4 business days. It's been over a week since the interview and I have heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• You are given a small set of data and asked to explain what it implies and what you would do about it.   1 Answer

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

My path to this position was somewhat unconventional. I was in continuous contact with Ford recruiters since February and narrowly missed the summer field operations internship because all available spots were already taken. I accepted another internship for the summer, but I continued expressing my interest to Ford’s recruiters.

I was committed to joining Ford after staying in touch with the recruiting team over the summer, so I made a point of meeting them at my school's career expo in September. They were personable and encouraged me to apply, so I applied for the Zone Manager role in the FCG program through both my school's on-campus recruiting system and the corporate Ford website. After I met certain minimum criteria (GPA, etc.), I took three assessments that measured my critical thinking skills in math and reading, as well as my culture fit. I was informed that I passed thirty minutes later and was cleared to interview if selected by the recruiting team to do so.

I was invited to a first round two-person panel interview in October, which included some logistical questions, details about the position, a few behavioral, and a few situational questions (one of which involved analyzing a document). The difficulty of the questions took me by surprise - they were much more challenging than questions I had experienced in other interviews, especially the situational questions. This made me want the position even more as it is clear that Ford seeks exceptionally bright, hardworking, and capable employees. Extensive background knowledge of the auto industry, dealership operations, and (as much as possible) the Zone Manager role/resources available to Zone Managers will be beneficial for the interviews. For the behavioral questions, know your resume thoroughly and put thought into a number of personal stories that show your strengths.

After what seemed like an abysmal first round interview, I was not at all surprised when I heard nothing from Ford. However, I was pleasantly shocked to receive a phone call from the Ford Talent Center in early November (over a month after the first round interview occurred) inviting me to the second round in Dearborn in mid November. I had only one week to prepare, but I was excited for another opportunity to prove myself. I was flown to Detroit on a Wednesday afternoon, picked up in a black Lincoln Navigator at the airport, and put up in The Dearborn Inn for the night. I was given a $25 limit for dinner at the restaurant in the hotel (alcohol is excluded). The majority of folks staying at the Inn were undergrad and post-grad students interviewing the next day at Ford for various engineering and business positions. I woke up at 5:00 AM to run through my preparation one more time, and my group of interviewees (the first of three groups included in the first of two interview rounds throughout the day) was picked up in a Ford Transit van at 6:30 AM. We were brought to the Ford Talent Center ten minutes away, assigned interview suites, and shown a video about Michigan and the benefits of working for Ford.

At 8:00 AM, I was brought back to a panel of three interviewers. The first part lasted from 8:00-9:00 AM and consisted of a dozen behavioral questions and two or three situational questions. These are much more difficult than the first round and all three interviewers will ask probing questions to dive deeper into your experiences. Prepare extensively and make sure your answers are bulletproof, thorough, and fully address all parts of each questions asked. I was offered a break around 8:40 AM but I felt comfortable so I declined. We finished the first portion shortly after 9:00 AM and we conversed/exchanged questions until 9:30 AM. At this time, I was told to take a break before the second part of the interview: a simulated meeting with a dealership manager. At 9:40 AM, all three interviewers left after giving me about 15 documents review and a brief explanation of this second part. You are given 30 minutes to review the documents - not enough time to read them all, so figure out what's important to focus on. Two interviewers came back (they were five minutes early) and the meeting began - one interviewer was the dealership manager and the other took notes. After 30 minutes for the meeting, I was allowed more time to converse and ask questions. Overall, the whole interview finished at 11:30 AM.

All of the morning interviewees/interviewers ate a catered lunch together at 12:30 PM. At 1:30 PM, morning interviewees who opted to do so went to the Ford Rouge Factory located 15 minutes down the road for a tour. After the tour, we were all brought back to the Ford Talent Center, picked up in black Lincoln Navigators, and brought to the airport before 5:00 PM.
    I received an offer about three weeks after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions can (and should) be prepared for thoroughly, but you will have to think on your feet for the situational questions and especially for the simulated dealership meeting.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.