Forestry Commission Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 7 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forestry Commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forestry Commission (Bristol, England, England) in May 2017

Interview

I left the interview knowing everything about the senior interviewer. Not sure what she learnt about me. I was rushed into a start date. The offer I received after starting the job was for a post at a considerably lower pay grade with a different job title. Consequently, I did not take up the offer.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle deadlines?
    3 Answers
  • Will you stay?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forestry Commission (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in Mar 2017

Interview

Straightforward interview, the interviewers focused more on STAR questions than skills questions. I was only asked two technical or skills related questions; one asking for my understanding of projections and another asking for a walkthrough description of a GIS project.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you remained positive in the face of adversity?

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forestry Commission (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in May 2016

Interview

There were 3 interviewers and all of them were very kind and helpful. The duration of the interview was around 75 min. They offered me water, coffee or tea, it is very helpful that you accept some of them, just in case you struggle to answer any question and you need time to think about it.

Interview Questions
  • - What did you study? - What was the most difficult situation you cope it? - Why would you like to work in the FC?

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forestry Commission (Mansfield, England, England) in Apr 2015

Interview

informal interview in the office with 3 staff members, they were very relaxed and encouraged casual dress (jeans) to be worn at the interview. there were no tough questions, no questions on what you know about the company or the species of animals/trees there. they were pleased to hear what career path you want to do as it showed youd thought about your future and they scribbled furiously in excitement when i mentioned wanting to work for them one day. My interview lasted 30-40 minutes but it felt like 10 minutes and i wasnt nervous, they completely made me feel at ease and then i was contacted 2 days later through email telling me i got a placement.

Interview Questions
  • do you have any experience working with volunteers?
  • do you have any experience dealing with angry or upset people and give examples
  • what career path are you interested in?
  • do you have experience with organisation, working to a deadline and can you give examples?
  • tell us about a time where something went wrong

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forestry Commission (London, England, England) in Feb 2015

Interview

Interview in central London, at DEFRA on Whitehall. 3 people on the board, 5 candidates, beautiful view of Westminster out the window! The whole interview was competency based, where I had to answer questions based on the civil service competency framework. The application form also asked me to describe how my experience and skills fitted in with the key competencies needed for the role.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to adapt your project plan to suit changing budgets or targets?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forestry Commission (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in Jan 2015

Interview

short 15 minute non competency based interview by a panel of 3 interviewers, friendly attitude but some odd questions like 'who would you rather be?'. the interview required you bringing a prop in with you and talking for 2 minutes about it.

Interview Questions
  • what would you find difficult about starting with the forestry commision

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forestry Commission (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in May 2014

Interview

Online Application then competency based interview. Interview always with a gender neutral panel (male and female staff member). Interview was around 40 minutes. Ask questions at the end about the role and th FC.

Interview Questions
  • Ask about dealing with challenging managers, work as a team, manage priorities.
RSS Feed</>Embed