Find jobs for Visual Manager

Forever 21 Visual Manager Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 1.9K interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Forever 21

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 in Apr 2017

Interview

You were first contacted by the store manager and set up for an inperson interview. After that a week went by before I was contacted to have a second interview with another store manager. Another week went by before I was contacted to have an interview with the District manager and another 2 weeks before I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • What are 5 of the latest trends in Fashion?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2017

Interview

Pretty basic Visual Interview. Ask about your fashion sense, how you get your inspiration, what are the current trends, etc. They tour you through the store and explain who each of their "girls" (the different sections represent different girls) are. They then give you a girl to dress and ask you to pull complete looks and then present them.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you draw inspiration from?

Forever 21

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in Jun 2015

Interview

Typical interview questions. Went through 3 interviews, all on the phone. The entire process took about 3 weeks, which is ridiculous. This is mainly because of the countless interviews but also has something to do with the way in which they submit paperwork. The corporate partners take their sweet time approving your paperwork.... I have seen where they have taken 2 1/2 weeks to approve someone's paperwork and it wasn't because of a background check - which usually takes a considerable amount of time.

Interview Questions
  • How will you make the transition from a small box to a big box store?

Forever 21

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21

Interview

2 interviews in 1 day first with the DM at one location then I had to drive 45 min to interview with the Field. It was a long day it was about 4 hour total with drive time.

Interview Questions
  • Interview was not hard, all the questions are pretty much what you would expect. They asked me to walk them through the looks of the store also what were top trends.

Forever 21

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21

Interview

first interview typical interview questions based on experience second interview dressing manniquins

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Gaithersburg, MD) in Aug 2012

Interview

One interview over the phone another with the store manager, then last with the District manager. The hard questions were from the store manager and the light weight were from the DM. Three interviews with in a week and a half.

Interview Questions
  • How can you help the company increase sale. If you were a fuirt, what kind would you be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Maumee, OH) in Mar 2012

Interview

This was the most UNPROFESSIONAL interview I have ever had! 1) I received a call a month after I applied from the DM asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes & scheduled a store interview. 2) For the interview I sat down at the front of the store with the DM & Store Manager. I was basically ganged up on! They kept asking me questions that only associates would know, correcting my answers if they didn't like what I said or engaging with each other. I felt so lost and disappointed. I have loved this company forever & felt like I didn't get a fair chance. 3) After the "interview" the DM had me pick out 3 completely different outfits. I did well on this part. 4) She told me to call her back with my references, even though I attached it with my application online. 5) I called her 3 times a day for 3 days trying to give her my references. She never answered or responded to my messages. So I stopped trying!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Forever 21 in Feb 2012

Interview

Interviewed for the visual manager position and was more than qualified however they offered me a visual merchandiser position. The interview pretty much consisted of me pulling three looks all with a common theme. The next step was walking around each department and expressing what you felt was wrong with the displays and what you would do differently. Overall the interview was easy, except I didn't like the field merchandising managers attitude. Instead of looking at my amazing portfolio they decided to make snarky remarks as if they were Anna Wintour...but I digress...

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Forever 21

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Forever 21 in Sep 2011

Interview

She reviewed my application to make sure I was qualified. Then set the interview. She asked me series of interview questions; expected responds to questions; gave job description; and open floor for me to ask questions. Upper management repeats first step, questions were a little more in-depth. After interview they compared notes and made a decision.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question usually ask is "tell me your weakness".

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in Sep 2011

Interview

I sent in my resume to Forever 21 in late June. I received a call from the Forever 21 District Manager and she wanted to interview me that day so I went in and interviewed with her. I was very not prepared when I went into the interview, but I figured it would not hurt to try. The whole thing was VERY disorganized. It was during a very busy hour and I went in and originally the store manager told me I had come an hour early. Went back an hour later and she apologized saying that she thought I was there for a group sales associate interview. When the district manager and I were introduced, originally it was just her and I. Once she asked which position I was more interested in *Visual Manager or Store Manager* she brought me over to resume the interview with her second in command as well, which I presume is what Forever 21 calls an Area Manager. The interview was very informal to be honest. Normally for an interview they take you to the stores back room or to the food court. They just took my to the front of the store and we sat down on the "ledge" of where their mannequins were displayed in the window. The second in command thanked me at the end of the interview and said the wrong name, and apologized. It was a very unorganized interview. They told me they would call me after they had finished interviewing the other candidates the following day and not to expect a call for a week or so. As usual, District Managers are VERY slow at the hiring process. I received a call five weeks after my initial and only interview and was offered the visual manager position, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you were visually merchandising an area and it did not "work" together?
  • What are the three trends that will be "big" this up and coming season?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews