Foster + Partners Architectural Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Foster + Partners Architectural Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Foster + Partners

2.5

Architectural Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (Cupertino, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through email, got first interview at the office with 1 of the partners, and then second interview via skype with another partner. it went pretty well and straight forward.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Foster + Partners

Architectural Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Foster + Partners in August 2013.

Interview

Submitted online. Was contacted 2 weeks later and asked to fly out to their California Office (short notice and out of pocket) to interview. Interviewed with one of the partners, pretty typical interview: some basic background and then going through portfolio of work. Took more than 2 months to receive an answer regarding the interview, despite numerous attempts to get in touch.

Architectural Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

One review with a portfolio and with a partner. Came into the office in the afternoon, waited for about 30 minutes. Was led into the major conference space (very impressive). Described my portfolio and then listened to the partner talk about the office and the culture for about 45 minutes. Was hired thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe your portfolio, and then they talked for the rest of the time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. They offered and I accepted. There were so many people vying for the job that they would have said no if I asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (London, England).

Interview

I had been recommended by a friend in the company, and was called in for an interview which I had to fly out for. 2 people interviewed me and it was pretty laid back. I walked them through my portfolio and they asked a few general questions about my expectations and whether I like their projects in my home country. Took longer than I expected.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Submitted application via careers website, with sample of works and details. Got back to me in 6 working days to call for an interview in London. Quite flexible in providing timeslot options which would suit me best (was not in the UK at the time). Went over, showed work, talked about future opportunities, had fun. They called back 3 business days later.

Interview Questions

• Explain work and show portfolio, a few questions asked during the process including techniques, design questions and also time spent to produce work. Was asked to elaborate a bit further on my resume and past experiences as a student and previous employment / responsibilities. Asked why I wanted to work here and also other places I had applied.   Answer Question

Architectural Assistant Interview

Interview

Short and to the point. They had looked at the portfolio previously, but not in depth.
    Presented my projects very briefly and got some questions. The contract took a very long time to get drawn up (company has a very slow HR machine).

Interview Questions

• Wanted to see a range of skills. From detail design to newer software   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

The process starts on career-website. Then after 15/20 days, I got an interview in London HQ. The associate was very friendly and smart, we talked about the portfolio and the resume.

Interview Questions

• talk about yourself, portfolio, why would you live your previous position? expectation salary, how do you meet the deadline in a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

It was a really high level architect who interviewed me. A partner who works more than 20 years at f+p.
    Introducing the portfolio, and asked about qualifications and visa status. Maybe for us overseas people it’s really difficult. I received rejection letter around 4.5 weeks later. Wish you all have good results! Power up!

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

There were two senior partners who interviewed me. From what they had said during the interview, I I could tell that they were passionate employers who were willing to get to know me as a person and happy to share their experiences with me. I enjoyed the interview process a lot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foster + Partners (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Very quick, I was asked to present my portfolio to one of the partners. Whole interview took 20 minutes. Never heard them back from them, not even about the rejection.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.