Fractal Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Fractal Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Fractal Analytics

3.2

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

It started with some Utterly useless technical test - programming. I think they are just trying to act smart which probably they are not as the test is for software engineer and not a data scientist.
    Don't waste your time applying here.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

hiring process started with a hackerkrank coding test post which 3 rounds of interview, first one is telephonic and rest were Skype based after clearing these 3 rounds another HR round was scheduled.
    Coding was 90 min long 4 questions one was based on SQL.
    First two rounds were technical where basic knowledge and understanding about concepts in data engineering is evaluated. Second round had one coding question where logical approach is checked to solve a problem within defined time complexity.
    3rd round was managerial round where questions were asked about the work contribution done in the various project and will evaluate if you are also best fit with organization values and ethics.

Interview Questions

Fractal Analytics Response

1 Oct 2019 – Senior Manager - Human Capital

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience interviewing with Fractal, and for your commitment to the process. We are really excited & thrilled to know that the recruiting process helped lead you to a decision to join us. Many Congrats & welcome on board

Principal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. During that time, I was verbally received a case study. I was used a week to prepare the case study in PPT (essentially a proposal/pitch). Then after multiple attempts to schedule the case presentation, I finally presented the case study to a different colleague (who had not secured a conference room and had to switch rooms while I presented on video). After a month, I still have not heard back on the results of my case (not even an automated decline).

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The communication was very prompt for all the 6rounds of interview.
    1st- online coding test, 2nd -Technical,3rd-Technical,4th-Discussion with the Big Data head,5th-HR discussion, 6th-Online Aptitude test. All of these rounds were either Telephonic/Skype which made the process more comfortable without the travel overhead.

The whole experience was worthwhile especially the Technical Discussions.Questions were primarily on the architecture and concepts of Spark,Yarn,Hadoop and Scala.

Interview Questions

Fractal Analytics Response

21 Jun 2019 – Manager - Human Capital

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback regarding your experience with Fractal. We are so pleased to hear the process was a positive one for you. Congrats on the offer and welcome to the family!

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

The process started through a recruiter who had me take an online coding test consisting of SAS and SQL questions. The next step was two phone interviews, one with a hiring manager and the other was a technical interview with a member of their analytics team. Both interviewers were respectful and helpful, though the technical interviewer seemed to have questions that were not very relevant to the position. Finally there were two more phone interviews, that were both fairly helpful and respectful.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a year-to-date column for sales using SQL joins?   Answer Question

8 Feb 2019 – Manager - Human Capital

We appreciate you sharing this review of your experience in the interview process with Fractal. We are extremely pleased to know that you found our interviewers to be respectful & helpful which gave us an opportunity to showcase our people and culture. Thank you again for the valuable feedback!

Congratulations on the offer & welcome!

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the Senior Data Scientist role in the San Francisco Bay area. The interview consisted of HR screen followed by a Hackerrank test that lasted an hour. After the test, I spoke to one of their Principal Data Scientists who was ncie and professional during the interview, asking me details about my work and a few other technical questions. I was then told that there will be another technical screen with their Lead Data Scientist in New Jersey.

This is when the whole process derailed. Their Lead Data Scientist was 10+ minutes late for the interview and was often combative during the call. He would ask me open-ended technical questions and while I tried to answer those, he would interrupt me by saying things like 'don't waste my time' or 'I don't want to listen to that'. I have interviewed with 7 different organizations during the month of December 2018 and this was the worst interview among all. Really left a bad impression about Fractal Analytics. Never seen such an unprofessional and rude interviewer. Says a lot about the work culture of the organization if this is how their team leads behave.

I ended up getting 4 different job offers in December and accepted a position at 1.5 times the salary in Los Angeles which is much cheaper than the bay area.

Interview Questions

• The hacker rank challenge had questions about basic python/pandas skills.   1 Answer
    • The interviewer asked details about k-means clustering   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

It was a great experience. Had 4 rounds of discussion. 3 technical and 1 HR discussion. All of them were quite pleasant experience and at no point it felt that I was appearing for an interview. The overall coordination was also quite excellent with Rachna, she was pretty impressive while co ordinating the entire process.

Interview Questions

Fractal Analytics Response

5 Nov 2018 – Manager - Human Capital

Thank you for the feedback! We're pleased to hear the recruiting team was able to facilitate a helpful and organized process for you, and that it all resulted in your decision to join Fractal ! We're equally excited to have you working for Fractal - congrats, and welcome!

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics.

Interview

OMG!!! I was insulted (implied that I was stupid ) and disrespected (my answers were constantly dismissed as wrong, although they were correct). The company is 85% Indian males. I am a white American female with a PhD. I do not think I should comment more. That was a horrible discriminatory experience!!! I declined to participate in the in the interview process further.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about random forest and how it works. When I said that each decision tree in the forest considers a random subset of features, he disrespectfully interrupted me and told me that I am wrong. Then he scolded me for giving the "wrong" answer.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics in August 2018.

Interview

The Interview Process was very quick and organized. I had around 4 rounds of interviews scheduled in around 4 days of time. The first Round was a technical screening of the Data Science/machine Learning concepts. Second round was a Business case study and Sql Screening. 3rd round had 2 Case studies (Business + Technical), 4th round was just behavioral and technical overview. It was really a good experience and the Interviews were really friendly and the process took around 10 days.

Interview Questions

Fractal Analytics Response

5 Sep 2018 – Manager - Human Capital

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fractal Analytics (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

My interview experience with Fractal analytics was great. The people who interviewed me were very nice in nature. I see myself being part of the team and growing with them. The interview questions involved case studies mimicking real world problems. I felt the questions asked were interesting and relevant to the position that I was being hired for. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Case study as per the position   1 Answer

2 Aug 2018 – Manager - Human Capital

Thank you for sharing your experience in the recruiting process with Fractal. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear our goal of a positive candidate experience was met. Congratulations on the offer & welcome to the family.

Fractal HC Team

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.