Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Interview Questions

Updated 25 Jun 2018

3.1

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website. Made it through three rounds of interviews, was not called back for a fourth.

The HR staff was unprofessional towards me throughout all three rounds. They managed scheduling very poorly and were unclear about their intentions. It took me 4 weeks before I heard back from any HR person regarding the status of my application after I took the standard 2 week protocol before calling and emailing my HR contact.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about being a paralegal?

Why Freshfields?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

There were multiple rounds with partners and associates. Most of the interviews were 1:1 but there was at least one round with two partners present.

The interviews were about 20-30 minutes in length. As expected, partner/counsel interviews were a bit longer and more substantive. Associate interviews tended towards culture and fit assessment. Well-rounded process. At the time of my interview, there was equal emphasis on culture and fit, in addition to legal/technical ability. The firm was more aligned with the positive aspects of the UK/EU culture. My sense is that this has changed recently. Partners with a longer history with firm and/or experience in other offices have a greater appreciation for culture than many of the newer associates or lateral partners.

Interview Questions

• How would a friend describe your best and worst three qualities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for associates; likely different for counsel and partner hires. Flexible and friendly when discussing start dates. Overall positive and transparent process.

Entry Level Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I was told that there were three rounds. I only went to the first one. I met with three different people, none of them were attorneys. I thought it went really well but I did not get called back for a second round.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in November 2011.

Interview

I responded to an ad on the internet the client responded within 2 minutes of me posting. We spoke for about 15 minutes about my experience. Two days later the client call me to tell me that they wanted to use my services relating to a legal litigation presentation in Power Point. I worked for 5 days over 14 hours a day til finish. Client was extremely happywith my performance and was recommended to other clients within Freshfields

Negotiation

$40/hr

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England).

Interview

Two interviews: one with senior associates, one with partners. No competency questions. Personal questions such as why Freshfields, why this department. A lot of technical questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England) in March 2017.

Interview

After I sent my application, they called to set up my interview. I visited their office for the 1 hour interview + tests. The tests were a cite check and a logical thinking test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challanging experience and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Three separate interviews - HR, direct line managers and head of department. All were fairly quick. Nothing too testing; I felt they were on my side. I gave them a file of my previous work. There was also a written test.

Interview Questions

• Standard fare: strengths/weaknesses, past experience, etc. Very competence-based. You need evidence of what you've done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England) in January 2012.

Interview

There was an online test to be completed and thereafter, I was given a chance to go down to the test center for an interview. There were two interviewers and the questions related to your experience, CV as well as commercial questions. There was also a timed writing exercise which I had to complete.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you demonstrated leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Online application (850-word personal statement) and 3-stage interview consisting: (1) Written exercise (2) Personal Competency interview and (3) Commercial interview. This last interview took the form of a discussion of an article taken from The Economist. Both interviews lasted an hour each. It was slightly tough to collect your thoughts in between each stage because apart from an office tour (where you won't have time to yourself to mentally prepare for the next interview), there's no real break in between.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England).

Interview

Online application, followed by a reasoning test, followed by a situational test, then 3 part interview consisting of written test (on a non-legal question), review of an Economist article and discussion with a partner and associate, and a general get-to-know-you interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.