Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Interview Questions

Updated 23 Mar 2018

3.1

Entry Level Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I was told that there were three rounds. I only went to the first one. I met with three different people, none of them were attorneys. I thought it went really well but I did not get called back for a second round.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

There were multiple rounds with partners and associates. Most of the interviews were 1:1 but there was at least one round with two partners present.

The interviews were about 20-30 minutes in length. As expected, partner/counsel interviews were a bit longer and more substantive. Associate interviews tended towards culture and fit assessment. Well-rounded process. At the time of my interview, there was equal emphasis on culture and fit, in addition to legal/technical ability. The firm was more aligned with the positive aspects of the UK/EU culture. My sense is that this has changed recently. Partners with a longer history with firm and/or experience in other offices have a greater appreciation for culture than many of the newer associates or lateral partners.

Interview Questions

• How would a friend describe your best and worst three qualities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for associates; likely different for counsel and partner hires. Flexible and friendly when discussing start dates. Overall positive and transparent process.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website. Made it through three rounds of interviews, was not called back for a fourth.

The HR staff was unprofessional towards me throughout all three rounds. They managed scheduling very poorly and were unclear about their intentions. It took me 4 weeks before I heard back from any HR person regarding the status of my application after I took the standard 2 week protocol before calling and emailing my HR contact.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about being a paralegal?

Why Freshfields?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in November 2011.

Interview

I responded to an ad on the internet the client responded within 2 minutes of me posting. We spoke for about 15 minutes about my experience. Two days later the client call me to tell me that they wanted to use my services relating to a legal litigation presentation in Power Point. I worked for 5 days over 14 hours a day til finish. Client was extremely happywith my performance and was recommended to other clients within Freshfields

Negotiation

$40/hr

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England).

Interview

Applied online directly and was contacted by HR for a VC interview. Interview was with 1 partner and 1 SA (was meant to be 2 partners). Both had poker faces and was difficult to suss out the general feeling. Was asked technical questions and a lot of case study questions.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you had to deal with different jurisdictions   Answer Question

Risk & Compliance: Business Acceptance Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and I was approached by a junior HR person through email. I was initially worried as the HR person only confirmed the interview on the day of the interview. Secondly, I never met the HR in person, when I arrived in their office, I was asked to wait for the interviewer. No interaction with the HR person and when I followed up after the interview with the HR. I was informed that I was not selected and what disappointed me that the HR person informed me about in a standard HR template you would to a fresh graduate applying for a clerical job...."After careful consideration....we regret to inform....." There was no human element or explanation involved. I felt I did good at the interview, so I wrote back asking if there was a specific advise/feedback for me from the interviewer, the HR person replied with another template " we found a stronger candidate with relevant experience".. then why waste my time? Couldn't they have assessed it while comparing the information in the CV. I cannot think about working for a firm which has an HR function that acts as an admin and talks to you like you are chatting to automated customer service chat/email service.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions relating to COI and the interviewer gives you a scenario.   1 Answer

Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Online application, watson glaser, interview (assessment day) at the end of January which consisted of two interviews and a written exercise priortothe interviews. Also given a tour of the office

Summer Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2017.

Interview

First, there is an online application. After around two weeks, I received an email that I had to complete a written assessment online within a week. Two days later, I was invited to an interview which lasted for around 50 minutes.

Vacation Scheme Interview

Application

Interview

Had two interviews, both lasting an hour and both with two people. This was after a short test where you were asked to modify and correct an email. The interviews were rigorous but felt fair, and their feedback afterwards was useful and appreciated.

Summer Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2017.

Interview

there's a phone interview from the HR and it's asking you some basic questions about yourself. it's just a light conversation but it took for around 50 minutes. The HR person is a bit intense. Overall she asked me a lot of questions relating to my shortcomings and scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you have encounter a lot of drawbacks and how you overcome them.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.