Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Apr 2019

3.1

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website. Made it through three rounds of interviews, was not called back for a fourth.

The HR staff was unprofessional towards me throughout all three rounds. They managed scheduling very poorly and were unclear about their intentions. It took me 4 weeks before I heard back from any HR person regarding the status of my application after I took the standard 2 week protocol before calling and emailing my HR contact.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about being a paralegal?

Why Freshfields?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

There were multiple rounds with partners and associates. Most of the interviews were 1:1 but there was at least one round with two partners present.

The interviews were about 20-30 minutes in length. As expected, partner/counsel interviews were a bit longer and more substantive. Associate interviews tended towards culture and fit assessment. Well-rounded process. At the time of my interview, there was equal emphasis on culture and fit, in addition to legal/technical ability. The firm was more aligned with the positive aspects of the UK/EU culture. My sense is that this has changed recently. Partners with a longer history with firm and/or experience in other offices have a greater appreciation for culture than many of the newer associates or lateral partners.

Interview Questions

• How would a friend describe your best and worst three qualities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for associates; likely different for counsel and partner hires. Flexible and friendly when discussing start dates. Overall positive and transparent process.

Entry Level Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (New York, NY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I was told that there were three rounds. I only went to the first one. I met with three different people, none of them were attorneys. I thought it went really well but I did not get called back for a second round.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in November 2011.

Interview

I responded to an ad on the internet the client responded within 2 minutes of me posting. We spoke for about 15 minutes about my experience. Two days later the client call me to tell me that they wanted to use my services relating to a legal litigation presentation in Power Point. I worked for 5 days over 14 hours a day til finish. Client was extremely happywith my performance and was recommended to other clients within Freshfields

Negotiation

$40/hr

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Manchester, England) in December 2018.

Interview

I went to the interview center for an assessment day followed by a one on one interview. The day was well balanced between written and oral assessments. The test was a contract analysis, answering various questions on a contract. The interview consisted of various aptitude questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you overcame a difficult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Manchester, England) in August 2018.

Interview

I began the online application but had not completed it before I was contacted to send over my CV. An interview was then arranged via email for the following week. The interview consisted of two tests (contract and written based) followed by competency/ CV questions. Unfortunately I was interviewed by someone other than expected and was not contacted after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you dealt with a difficult person in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Manchester City Centre, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of a standard face to face interview following the submission of a CV and covering letter online. The interview took place in Manchester and was formal but also fairly relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England).

Interview

Two interviews: one with senior associates, one with partners. No competency questions. Personal questions such as why Freshfields, why this department. A lot of technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

First round with two partners consisted of relevant work experience and technical questions. Second round was a merger control case study (90 minutes to prepare and write notes) followed by questions from two partners on the case study (additional 30 minutes). Final round was with partners and associates to give a deeper glimpse into firm culture, etc.

Interview Questions

• What type of evidence would you provide to regulators to show that the market is broader...   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in August 2018.

Interview

They were quite amicable and open about the process. I was well informed about what the job entails. I was also informed that it is not quite well paid since it is not a job as an Associate however, there is the chance of having more work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• What is your future plans? Are you looking to work a little bit and move away or would you like to settle?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.