G-Research Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G-Research Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at G-Research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Timed exam followed by 5 interviews across two dates.

The process is arranged on an ad-hoc basis. It seems anyone with reasonable qualification is allowed to sit the exam as they like to collect data, those that do well are interviewed.

They seemed interested principally mathematics and problem solving, followed by an active interest in quantitative finance.

Interview Questions

• Confidentiality agreement. However if you follow the guidance on the website, and can answer the practice exam questions, you will be well prepared.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for G-Research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online, and completed a HackerRank challenge, after which they invited me in for an interview. When I came in for interview, the office was winding down for Christmas, and the itinerary of the day was a bit disorganised.

I managed to get 3 technical interviews and 2 interviews with more senior staff. The technical interviews had some really fun questions and I did quite well (as they mentioned in their feedback). I also got to ask them what their department did, and had a good idea of the responsibilities of 3 of the 5 major divisions of the company. 2 of these interviews were 2-on-1, and one was 1-on-1.

The interviews with senior staff were somewhat fun as well, as I had the opportunity to talk at great length and in great detail about some interesting side projects I had completed (this makes part of their feedback very confusing). Both of these interviews were 1-on-1.

In terms of soft skills, I was articulate, well presented and built good rapport with my interviewers - with a cheer that was no less than what you could expect from someone stressed because of being at an interview.

I didn't receive the offer (I also applied last year and got a rejection with pretty much the same feedback), and received some frankly baffling feedback.

It (and the feedback email they sent last year) mentioned that I was good with the technical questions (I felt like I got through those interviews pretty easily), able to find optimal solutions and provide fast and accurate complexity analysis.

It (and the feedback email they sent last year) mentioned a lack of interest in Computer Science as the cause for rejection. In light of my experience of my interviews with senior staff, this was very confusing.

There are in my mind only 3 reasons this may be:
    - They had given up on me before I arrived and the interviewers were just throwing easy questions at me to get through the interview, with no intention of assessing me for the actual position
    - They got some of my feedback confused with other candidates (it was evident how disorganised the office was due to it being the day before the office closed for Christmas)
    - The company doesn't value technical ability highly enough

It was unfortunate, as it looked like a decent place to work. I'm disappointed in myself that it took me 2 attempts to realise the nature of the company. As the saying goes: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Interview Questions

• I can't provide specifics, but they were fairly algorithms & data structures exercises   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

(Software Engineering)

The first stage was a HackerRank coding test, with questions of increasing difficulty.

The interview invite came after two or three days, with lots of detail about what I need to prep. I did more HackerRank and read some of CCI.

In the morning I had three hour-long technical interviews. The questions asked ranged from trivial to tough. The interviewers were exceptionally friendly - they looked at technical ability but also at your ability to relax and have a laugh.

I then got taken out for lunch by a couple of recent grads. This was very casual and was a good chance to hear about the company from a younger perspective. Afaik this wasn't assessed.

The afternoon involved two behavioural interviews from two different managers. We discussed my course and previous projects I had been involved with.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.