G-Research Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G-Research Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at G-Research

4.0

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G-Research (Pasadena, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The first step is a 90-minute written test covering probability, statistics, basic finance, etc. I took this at a remote location. The exam is then scanned and transmitted to G-Research. If one passes the test, you move on to a phone interview and then potentially an in-person interview. I did not advance beyond the first step. It is certainly worthwhile to refresh one's knowledge, especially if years have passed since undergrad and you have not taken a test since then or early in grad school. If you don't, the test will probably be quite difficult.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for G-Research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

I had a conversation with a recruiter and sent in my CV before being invited to an interview at their London office consisting of a 30 minute test and 2 1-hour interviews with current employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

A 30 minute test, followed by 2 interviews with quants. Primary focus was on coding and standard brain teasers. The whole process went very smoothly and the people at the firm were very welcoming and gave a good impression.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Written exam (1hr 30). Then face to face 30 min interview with current quant about the exam and my CV. Then two 30 min technical interviews with current quants beyond which I didn't progress.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England).

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, got the appointment within a week. The first interview consists of a handwritten test, which I took at the G-Research offices in London. The sample questions posted on their website give a good idea of the areas covered, but most of the actual questions are easier. Still, the time limit is tight and it's necessary to prepare well. I spent too much time on easier questions and did not get a high enough score in the end. The overall atmosphere was very pleasant though.

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA prohibiting from discussing the questions.   Answer Question

G-Research Response

4 Oct 2017 – Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your experience with G-Research. Whilst we were not able to move you to the next stage of the interview process, we appreciate the time and effort... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England).

Interview

Basic test consisting of stats and basic financial questions, then interview with some quants. They gave me brain teasers and more stats questions. I got passed the interview and 3 quants, but in the end they didn't hire me, although they said that I would fit in well.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at G-Research in March 2017.

Interview

Applied to G-Research and got a response the next day. First stage of the interview process was to sit a technical exam. Did well in the first section but not so well in the second one. If you have not done probability, stats and finance for a while, it's necessary to prepare very well, and they'll give you time to do so. I received an email that same day informing me that I had not been selected for the next round.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Padua (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G-Research (Padua (Italy)) in March 2016.

Interview

The first steps of the interview process are a written test and an interview. They are about testing the candidate skills and fluency on statistical, mathematical, financial, coding background, plus logical reasoning through brain-teasers. The interview process requires a good and deep preparation on the typical topics of quantitative interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked brain teasers, questions on statistical background, option pricing questions, questions on martingale/brownian statistics, question on coding skills   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G-Research.

Interview

I send my CV and got an invitation in a week via email. They asked me when I can visit them to take the test. They are very flexible with time, you can arrange the test after a month from invitation, anyway they recommend to make a good preparation. Everyone is very nice. The test is 90 minutes long, the questions are not difficult if you know the stuff, but you really need to know it, otherwise 90 minutes will not be enough. I did not knew anything about one particular question and made a mistake in the other, this led me to not getting to the face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Given a 90 minute exam straight away on arrival. It was a mixture of maths, probability and computing topics. It was very tough and I had not prepared enough so I was shown the door as soon as I finished it. For those that pass, I believe it leads to several more face to face interviews that day.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA so cannot disclose the questions. There is a suggested reading list which is pretty comprehensive.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.