G-Research Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G-Research Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at G-Research

4.0

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G-Research (Pasadena, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The first step is a 90-minute written test covering probability, statistics, basic finance, etc. I took this at a remote location. The exam is then scanned and transmitted to G-Research. If one passes the test, you move on to a phone interview and then potentially an in-person interview. I did not advance beyond the first step. It is certainly worthwhile to refresh one's knowledge, especially if years have passed since undergrad and you have not taken a test since then or early in grad school. If you don't, the test will probably be quite difficult.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for G-Research

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G-Research in January 2020.

Interview

The application process lasted about a month.
    They were very kind to reschedule the interview depending on my commitments.
    The interview questions were a couple of brain teasers which required knowledge of programming (object-oriented) and probability/stats. The interviewer was helpful.
    Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the exact questions. However, they were brainteasers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

First round of interviews were a90 minute written exam, cannot say what the questions were because of an NDA, but they were stats, probability and finance focussed. Then a one hour technical interview. Second round is three one hour technical interviews on three of five topics of your choosing, ML, finance, maths, stats and programming.

Interview Questions

• Programming for example required knowledge of basic data structures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

A 30 minute test, followed by 2 interviews with quants. Primary focus was on coding and standard brain teasers. The whole process went very smoothly and the people at the firm were very welcoming and gave a good impression.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

I had a conversation with a recruiter and sent in my CV before being invited to an interview at their London office consisting of a 30 minute test and 2 1-hour interviews with current employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Written exam (1hr 30). Then face to face 30 min interview with current quant about the exam and my CV. Then two 30 min technical interviews with current quants beyond which I didn't progress.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England).

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, got the appointment within a week. The first interview consists of a handwritten test, which I took at the G-Research offices in London. The sample questions posted on their website give a good idea of the areas covered, but most of the actual questions are easier. Still, the time limit is tight and it's necessary to prepare well. I spent too much time on easier questions and did not get a high enough score in the end. The overall atmosphere was very pleasant though.

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA prohibiting from discussing the questions.   Answer Question

G-Research Response

4 Oct 2017 – Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your experience with G-Research. Whilst we were not able to move you to the next stage of the interview process, we appreciate the time and effort you spent with us.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at G-Research in March 2017.

Interview

Applied to G-Research and got a response the next day. First stage of the interview process was to sit a technical exam. Did well in the first section but not so well in the second one. If you have not done probability, stats and finance for a while, it's necessary to prepare very well, and they'll give you time to do so. I received an email that same day informing me that I had not been selected for the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England).

Interview

Basic test consisting of stats and basic financial questions, then interview with some quants. They gave me brain teasers and more stats questions. I got passed the interview and 3 quants, but in the end they didn't hire me, although they said that I would fit in well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England).

Interview

I had to complete a written test with question ranging from probability to coding to finance. There were some standard questions and a couple of brain teasers. The test is not extremely difficult but I should have practice more.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.