G-Research Quantitative Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G-Research Quantitative Research Interview Questions

Interviews at G-Research

3.6

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research.

Interview

The first stage was to take a 90-minute exam. The first part was pretty straightforward. The second part gave a few harder problems and you had to pick one to solve--if you can spot the trick they're not bad.

Round two was a video interview. This was more of a behavioral interview. The interviewer went over my education and experience. Some technical questions were woven in. For example, he'd go into my programming experience then ask a question about object-oriented programming. This was scheduled for an hour, but we only talked for half that time. The next day I got a rejection e-mail that had a cryptic comment about them not being convinced about my motivations.

While I will praise their efficiency--it is truly marvelous how quickly they got back to me and moved through the process--I found the commentary on my motivations rather rude.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with fat tails in linear regression?   Answer Question

G-Research Response

12 Mar 2018 – Recruitment

You will be reminded that you would have signed an NDA prohibiting you from sharing any confidential information, including details of test questions. We have the right to action the NDA, therefore... More

Other Interview Reviews for G-Research

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (Remote, OR (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied through a referral, passed the initial HR screening (phone call), then took a 90 minute written test, I barely passed the test but flunked the "triage interview". This interview was mainly about the parts of the test where I did not perform well, it was pretty technical (as in write calculations with pen and paper technical). The interviewer felt that I needed too much handholding to solve the problems.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G-Research in July 2018.

Interview

There is a ~ 1 hr exam they set up for you. It is very similar to the past exams on their website. I did reasonably well on this, and was given a phone interview. The phone interview asked a number of more open-ended but superficial questions about optimization / machine learning. At the end were two quite difficult quantitative questions. One was about probability, the other about algorithms. I did not do well enough on these questions to advance further in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

They set up an appointment for a phone interview via email (supposedly preceding a technical test), never called and did not respond to an email asking what happened. Very strange experience.

G-Research Response

19 Dec 2017 – Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your interview experience. We are sorry you did not get a response from our recruiter - this is not in keeping with our interview process... More

Quantitative Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G-Research.

Interview

Contacted by their HR department and asked to take a technical sit-down exam consisting of quite difficult mathematical, statistical and algorithmic questions. Signed NDA, so not allowed to disclose specifics on the questions. However, there are previous exams on their website to use for preparation. Their staff is really accommodating and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Wide range of tough questions on probability, statistics and algorithms.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G-Research.

Interview

A written test. Lot's of questions. Better to spend less time on nasty problems.

Application

Interview

1 hour test consisting of 5 probability, statistics, and programming questions. Test was then marked while I waited. I passed the test and was then seen by one of the researchers who asked me a programming type brainteaser.

Quantitative Research Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at G-Research.

Interview

I'm french. A head-hunter got my CV to G-Research. One week later, still through the head hunter, G-Research was "impressed" by the academic background, then wanted to submit a 90 min test. No any communication with G directly, even if I tried through social networks...
    I worked hard for the test, whereas I didn't get precise idea about the questions. I just knew that there were five parts, and I really was encouraged to read the first part of a book.
    Result: I didn't understand at all the spirit of the test, and hard working with the book was completely useless for the test. Unfortunately I didn't get it, and the result was still announced by the head-hunter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in August 2012.

Interview

Usual process with the first round of a test. I didn't pass it, so don't know the rest. The test is quite difficult. It contains 5 parts, total score for all problems > 40. To pass the test one need to get > 20 scores. But don't be to exited - you'd have only 90 min. and most of the problems are quite hard.

Interview Questions

• Options' pricing, probability questions about a deck of cards and games.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Have been contacted by headhunter and applied for the position. They seem to look for candidates all year long as I was offered to apply several times. However, they just organise a 1h30 test going on a lot of different subjects without meeting you in person. The test can be on the distance, but then the condition to take it can be very POOR like it was for me. So be ready.

Interview Questions

• Mathematics test going from maths, modeling, probability, portfolio management, statistics to informatics   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.