G-Research Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions

Updated 31 Jan 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at G-Research

3.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 42 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyprus
Application

I interviewed at G-Research (Cyprus)

Interview

The on-site interview was definitely one of the hardest interviews I had for finding a quant researcher position. The overall interaction with the company was pleasant and two of the three interviews were also very enjoyable with the interviewers clearly knowing their stuff. However, the third interviewer seemed to be absent, was unfamiliar with basic statistics expressions and generally made a weak impression. Curiously, I got the worst feedback from this third interview (even though the first two ones were probably also not good enough to make it to the next round). Overall, this experience ruined an otherwise pleasant interaction with the company.

Interview Questions
  • Probabilities, stats, computer science, brain teasers
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denmark
Application

I interviewed at G-Research (Denmark)

Interview

The process starts with an online written test to assess technical skills (e.g., probability, programming). Several example tests and exercises were provided for preparation. I did not go further with the process. The recruiters were very nice and helpful throughout.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Australia
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G-Research (Australia)

Interview

HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE Their HR reached out to me online and wanted to set up a phone call. I wasn't that interested, since I'm happy with my current job and my current employer is better than g research in many aspects. But I'm open to an introductory call to find out more. During this first round, they introduced the company and I introduced myself. Everything went normal, no red flag. Then HR just hung up in the middle of the chat (at about half an hour). And they never went back to give any explanation. That's extremely rude. Just why???

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I interviewed at G-Research (London, England)

Interview

The 1st round is a 90 minute exam. Right now this is being done remotely. Approximately 15 people per day take this exam. The exam requires a lot of preparation in advance on a wide variety of topics such as finance, economics, probability, programming, etc. The 2nd round was supposed to be a 1 hour interview covering the exam and my CV. However, no questions about the exam were asked and only one CV related question was asked. I found that this misinformation about the nature of this interview badly disrupted my preparation and chances. The interviewer was polite but quite unfriendly. I can sympathise with comments from others mentioning silence from HR when you fall out of the process, which is rightly considered rude and unprofessional. Bottom line is they are looking for the absolute best of the best, and you will likely waste many hours of your time unless you are that 1 guy in 10,000.

Interview Questions
G-Research
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germany
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (Germany) in Apr 2020

Interview

Applied via a headhunter. First took a written test via an online platform. After I passed the written exam, I had a video interview with a quant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England)

Interview

1. 90 min test (mostly maths but one simple finance question) then 1 hour quant interview. 2. 3 one hour quant interviews. You choose the topics from (math, stats, ML, programming, finance). I chose math, stats and ML. I think the type of questions is really driven by who ends up interviewing you rather than these choices tho! - especially for maths vs stats. Maybe programming and finance interviews are quite different. 3. 90 min interviews with two team leads. 4. 1 hour interview with head of research and behavioural interview (and behavioural multichoice test) with director. I only ever had good feedback until the final round, where apparently my behavioural test and chat with the director went very badly! - this was my first interview for a non-academic position and I was probably a bit too green/naive - so be on your guard! They ask a mix of technical questions, some based on A-level maths, but mostly based on the sort of stuff you would do in a 2nd year prob and stats course at a top uni. The material they suggest for preparation is a very accurate reflection of what most of the questioning is like.

Interview Questions
  • lots of probability and statistics.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (New York, NY) in Dec 2019

Interview

The first part was a 90minutes written test. Very convenient recruiting team that proposed me to do it directly from New York. The second stage was a 60minutes skype interview with a quant and an intern. They were friendly and structured the interview. At the end I received a full feedback. Was not quick enough on the mathematical questions but overall good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Italy
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G-Research (Italy)

Interview

I went for a writing test where they asked me some written exercise. I performed poorly because I didn't prepare well for the test, but the test was not so difficult with a fresh knowledge of probability and statistics. Good luck!!

Interview Questions
  • Given two uncorrelated gaussian distribution, with 0 mean and unit variance find P(x>5y)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

An initial written test, which was then discussed in person, with any unanswered or incorrect answers discussed in order to assess understanding. The second stage involved three one-hour interviews on specific topics - you get to choose which particular areas you would like to be interviewed on from a list.

Interview Questions
  • In the interviews questions touched on probability, statistics, expectation values, and programming.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Switzerland
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (Switzerland) in Oct 2019

Interview

The first stage is a technical written test. The example of the test (found on their website) is slightly more difficult than the actual test (my opinion). The written test went well for me. Topics were very similar to that of the test on their website, from basic probability, distributions, option pricing, regressions, etc. The second round was a video interview, also exclusively technical questions. The interviewer was not helpful and wasn't friendly. The questions were interesting, but the experience overall wasn't great.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews