G-Research Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G-Research Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at G-Research

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone interview covering general programming knowledge and a hackerrank coding challenge.

Half day of on-sites with 3 interviews:
- Systems Design
- Programming Exercise
- Algorithms & Data Structures

Was not invited back for second round of on-sites, but overall very enjoyable interview process. Very pleasant and intelligent interviewers and a great recruiter who was very forthcoming with information about the company and guidance about the interview process. Thanks Max! Received very detailed interview feedback on where I did and didn't perform well.

Overall great experience. A company that treats candidates with respect.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for G-Research

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Shady company. They make you sign an NDA and take a picture with it.

Easy interview - basically they want to see if you can memorise a bunch of stuff from courses like networking and operating systems.

Declined moving forward with this company after reading the Bloomberg article about them.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter and had an initial conversation about the role. The first interview was a coding exercise with a few standard technical questions. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The coding interview was a hackerrank/leetcode type of problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in January 2021.

Interview

Test followed by technical interviews. There’s a mixture of questions testing computer science theory, algorithms/data structures, and coding challenges focussed on OO principles. Be prepared for follow-up interviews focused on more in depth topics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in December 2020.

Interview

I was supposed to have a call with someone from the company to talk about the role, but he did not call me at the appointed time. When I reached out to him, he sent me an email with some questions in it, instead.
    After that, I had a call with two chaps who asked me some technical questions, and who asked me to write some code and answer questions about it.

After that, I was completely ghosted. I wrote to my point-of-contact one week after the interview, asking for an update on the status of my application and I was completely ignored. Not professional at all.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some questions about some code that I wrote   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G-Research in September 2020.

Interview

1 hour video conferencing interview with two engineers via HackerRank. I wasn't successful however the recruiter I was in contact with gave me detailed feedback from the interviewers which I found very useful.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Direct application, followed by conversations via email & phone with recruitment team to establish direction. Then remote video interview, followed up by two on site rounds made up of 2 or 3 interviews each.

At all stages the process was well organised and explained, everyone I met was friendly and professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Be careful when applying, they have scamming hiring practice. Definitely not a trustworthy company.
    I applied from overseas. After I completed a home assignment they asked to come interview in their office in London. I was told I would be refunded the travel cost. Unfortunately after they announced my rejection I didn't hear back about refund of travel costs.
    I sent follow-up emails multiple times during months and each time I was told it would be processed but to this day nothing was done.
    I was extremely disappointed because they seem to have a good reputation.
    The onsite interview itself was ok. It consisted of 3 interview session with a couple of software engineer.

Interview Questions

• Home assignment was a tricky DP question
      Onsite interview questions was standard algo question+ system design   Answer Question

G-Research Response

6 Jan 2020 – Marketing and Coordinator

Hi there, we are so sorry that this has happened to you. Please email Recruitmentteam@gresearch.co.uk with your name and the team that you applied for and we will get this sorted immediately. Thanks, G-Research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

I submitted online application and the internal recruiter contacted me. I was asked to solve HackerRank C++ exercises. When I completed it, the recruiter has never got back to me. I have contacted him twice after and there was no reply. Overall, a very bad experience.

Interview Questions

G-Research Response

22 Jan 2020 – Marketing and Coordinator

We're really sorry that you had this experience and would like to assure you that this is not how we usually operate. Please email recruitmentteam@gresearch.co.uk and we will be able to provide more specific feedback on the status of your application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Take home programing question, if passed with correct answer, automatic interview. I cannot describe the interview itself but if u study hacker rank or leet code then it will help.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.