G4S Bank Protection Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G4S Bank Protection Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at G4S

2.6

Bank Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G4S (Anaheim, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Apply online
 -> got call in about 10 days to schedule for interview
 -> dress nicely, suit and tie, resume', licenses, photos of mine gears, and little research about company's background
 -> interviewed by 3 people: one training manager, one representative, one management personnel
 ->each of them taking turn asking questions about background and personal experiences. Advice: stay come, take your time, be cool, be professional, don't lie, instead saying trying to improve on such and such rather than lie
 -> NOTE: this company has high expectation from candidates, so if you dont have all requirement needed for the job, dont waste your time
 -> I was lucky got hire on the spot, they offered me a part time rollver, traditional officer instead of giving what I wanted when I apply, accept it anyway
 -> back on 3 days later for training for 2 days. The second day got supplied with uniform and equipment, picked up supervisor as well
 -> go to work the next day -> first week 60h even though they saied they hired me for part time. Be good and professional employee, moving to another position with higher pay and lower labor, just contact the supervisor in charge of the position.
Last, be friend with the receptionist, buy them donuts or coffee if needed. They are helpful and will become your hand somehow.

Interview Questions

• List 2 (two) of your weaknesses   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for G4S

Bank Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at G4S (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very quick, not much of an interview, they only wanted to hire a body because I had the correct permits. Did not care about my past work experience, I was offered a position simply because I was there with the permits they wanted. No concern of any other permits that I had at the time.

Bank Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at G4S (Tampa, FL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online in the evening and received a call for an interview within the next day or two.

Interview was kind of informal, I met with the manager who oversees the BPOs and we spoke about the position, hours, duties, etc.. During the interview I was extended a verbal conditional offer of employment and then was taken to meet with an HR representative to do some brief paperwork, make copies of certificates/ID, and signed a written conditional offer. I was then given a copy of my conditional offer and a sheet with my processing date and related information on it. (All the staff I came in contact with was very nice and professional, they answered all questions and made themselves available for any questions should they arise).

Processing is straightforward, you do situational and psych testing, uniform fitting, and HR paperwork. It's a rather long day (approx 6 hours) and at the end you get paperwork for a physical and drug screening which must be completed before you start training.

Overall the process isn't bad and I've been treated very fairly throughout the process so far. I haven't started working yet so I cannot comment on the job itself but I will in the future.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall an exact question but there wasn't any "HR" type questions. (ie. no questions about your greatest strength/weakness)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The contract at each site dictates the pay but it's very competitive considering the average wage for armed security.

Bank Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Greensboro, NC (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Dress business casual at the least, 1 on 1 interview, standard questions. Do not be late! They will throw your application out if you do not have a good reason.

Interview Questions

• Are you available on call day or night?   1 Answer

Bank Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Tukwila, WA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Bank Protection Officer at the Seattle Branch Office on 3/13/2017. After submitting the application, I received a phone call an hour later to schedule an interview; they scheduled me for the next day. The interview process was a great and not to hard approx. 20-30 mins; the staff were very friendly. I ended up getting hired that day.

Pros:
    Good pay.
    Paid Training.
    Free uniform, except black boots.
    Lots of room to grow.
    Lots of overtime.
    Lots of good Training.
    Military leave.
    Paid Sick and Safety Time.
    80 Hours of vacation time (After one year; 120 after two years).
    Benefits (Medical/Dental/Life)

Cons:
    You have to pay for a $40 extensive background check upfront in the office.
    There is an after interview questionnaire about six pages and 25 hand write only questions.
    Non-union.
    Must have your own black boots.
    Drug test and fingerprinting not in house.
    No STD or LTD, vision, 401k.

Other than that all went very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What are three strengths and weaknesses?
      Can you work Days, nights, weekends, graves, holidays?
      Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation?
      Describe a time when you were given a criticism and how did you handled it?
      What motivates you?
      What make you a good candidate?
      How long do you plan to stay with the company?
      How long did you work at your job?
      What are your long-term employment goals and how will working here help you accomplish that goal?
      Other basic HR questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.