G4S G4S Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G4S G4S Security Officer Interview Questions

1.7

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

G4S Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G4S (San Antonio, TX (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

g4s in South Texas has one person who dose the interviewing and hiring. He works in Austin and drives down to San Antonio. He knows nothing about the military, although g4s says they have a close partnership with the military. G4s dose not care really who they hire. The people they hire can hardly write their own names. there was an incident recently were a G4s employee push a emergency all off button thinking it was for the automatic door and turned off all the power for a whole floor of servers. It cost the client $$ Millions $$ and a couple of days to get the servers back online. I mean come on it's a big RED button that says Emergency ALL Off (do NOT push)

Interview Questions

• are you a citizen of the United States?   1 Answer

Negotiation

laughable a whole two minutes of checking boxes. I can't believe they pay someone just to do the hiring.

Other Interview Reviews for G4S

G4S Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Elmsford, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

The young lady who did the interview asked how did I find out about the ad, I told her that I went on the g4s website. She asked me about my previous jobs, I answered all her questions, and then we moved on from there.

G4S Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Miami, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Just went to a room full of other hopefuls was offered to do orientation , went and had to take all test and pass with an 80% or higher and started working as soon as orientation was over... Well at least that following Monday.

G4S Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at G4S (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Just asked very simple easy questions. Was a list she had just reading off questions. Everyone gets offered a job. They have like 5 recruiters fighting to have the most new hires. So pretty much just go in expecting a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just negotiate where you want to go not really on pay.

G4S Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

The overall experience was new to me with different roles and positions available. The process dealt with one hiring manager, train classes that took up to a week. this allowed me to have an advantage to be hire for the position. The experience helped me prepared for the next step as I interviewed with hire agencies such as police and corrections agencies. It allowed me to build self preparation for the future.

Interview Questions

• What was your recent experience? What makes you a fit for G4s ?   Answer Question

G4S Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at G4S (Tampa, FL (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was quick and brief if you have a military background but it was well organized questions pretty much just wanted to know what time line on your previous employment

G4S Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Found the job posting on indeed.com, and the application was very straightforward. Standard information and questions, didn't take long to fill out. Was emailed within 2 weeks with a time to come in for an interview. Interview itself was very laid back. Just the HR manager and his assistant. Explain the company/job, asked if I had any questions. Told they would be in touch as soon as the background check and drug test results came back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a security officer?   1 Answer

G4S Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at G4S (Cleveland, OH (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

I didn't interview with G4S, I interviewed with the parent company Firestone, and it was quite easy. They called me in two days after applying online at Firestone, told me they were hiring security officers, and that was that.

G4S Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

very brief, liked me military and security work history, two people asked questions, took about fifteen minutes, ended up offering me a supervisor position. never told me it was set schedule of working weekends.

Interview Questions

• do you have problems working weekends   1 Answer
    • do you have problems work 3rd shift   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was a pretty set offer with no changes to be made

G4S Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

The interview process was a bit of a pain. They made a big deal about gaps in employment for their background investigation and couldn't seem to get it though their heads that I had been on terminal leave from the military for close to 3 months before my retirement. It wasn't so much an interview as much as one big investigation. They put an awful lot of emphasis on military service for a job that only pays $12.50/hr.
     The HR staff is very unorganized and I had to re-submit paperwork with sensitive information on it after it had been lost by them.

Interview Questions

• What I had been doing since I departed my unit and hadn't worked in 3 months.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.