G4S Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at G4S

1.9

Customer Care Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Edinburgh, Scotland) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online was offered an interview within a few days ,Just one face to face interview, was very relaxed - only ask 2/3 simple questions. Was offered job 2 days after interview but background checks took 2/3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you calmed down a situation before it escalated.   Answer Question
    • Skills you have which could apply to this job?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

Filled out an online app was contacted 4 days later and hired. Prior service military so maybe that’s why I didn’t get asked anything that official. Overall not a bad process.

Armed Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G4S (Waltham, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online on a Friday, interviewed on the following Monday, and started training the next week. The interview was very casual, more of a discussion about my resume and my experience than an interview. However, this company recently just fired all of their Human Resources department so things may be different now.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have handling difficult persons?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fast as I got a phone call few days after applying for the position. The person that called me also worked with me to select a suitable time for my interview.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G4S (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

I thought of not putting this here, but everytime I relive it I realise how stupid it was.
    HR called me saying the profile is UXD. I asked for JD and she said 'Oh, we haven't really created a document, it is the generic UX Designer JD'. I found it weird, but decided to give it a chance.
    The technical interviewer kept asking me all mugged up questions about UI and UX. And then asked me if I know HTML, CSS, JS.
    When I asked him to explain the role, he explained the job of Frontend developer. He asked if I will be happy tweaking and giving final touch to the products they are creating. Majorly CSS work.

Smiled and came back. Wasted 2 hours of my time and cab fare. I hope for the day when recruiters, HR, and technical teams sit together to study about the buzzwords before calling people who actually care about it.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S in August 2018.

Interview

I applied for 2 roles, one was an area security officer for the DWP and the other was just a security officer at a University. With the first one I had a bloke ring me and conduct a telephone interview with me which I passed and he answered all my questions, then I was invited in for a face to face interview on for corporate security which was with a very serious looking lady who kept questioning my commitment to the role. I received an email and not a phone call telling me I had failed that, she then rang me a few weeks later giving me a lousy excuse as to my she couldn't offer me the job. Next I applied for another role which was again for corporate security at an educational establishment, interviewer was not even told I was attending so the interview was all over the place. He gave me the impression he was pleased with all my answers in the interview but after ringing up to get the interview in the first place, I received another reply telling me I had failed which I had to then chase up with their HR team who gave me loads of reasons of which many were very judgemental and some just excuses. I gave up at this point with this company, they are far too picky even though they seem to have run Birmingham Prison alongside other venues into the ground. They are meant to be the top security company but I found them to be very rude, defensive and incompetent. I have since found work at a smaller company who conducted proper interviews, were less judgemental and very helpful. You would think having a Door Supervisor badge would be half of the battle done but it seems that they still want to grill you after this more than they should be doing.

Interview Questions

• Why have you done so many jobs in the past 5 years, give exampled of how you dealt with certain situations in the past, why are you suited to working for us and all the rest that you get asked at interviews.   1 Answer

Senior Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luanda, Luanda (Angola)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at G4S (Luanda, Luanda (Angola)) in February 2017.

Interview

Well conducted, clear with all description of the job. Discusssion frankly and open with no strings. The company was very organized doing the interview. Well prepared and good reception to candidates.

Interview Questions

• To describe myself and explain the experience I have in Security field   Answer Question

G4S Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

was scheduled for 12:30 but didn't get seen until 2, then was waiting around for 30 mins after to get my passport back. Questions were unnecessary as there would be very little contact with people, however all the questions were regarding contact with people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in your life when you had to break up a conflict   Answer Question

Sicherheitsorgan Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Vienna (Austria)).

Interview

5 Stunden ! + Test, Alles über die Person und deren Ausbildung !
    Dann eigene Vorstellungen und was man weiß über die Firma !
    Kurzer Test der 30 min dauerte !
    Viele Fragen muss man beantworten !

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at G4S (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in April 2016.

Interview

First interviewed by the HR, then the division head of G4S in Mid East. They flew me to Dubai for the interviews from Asia. Their hiring process can take up to 3 months

Interview Questions

• Are you committed to frequent business travels and the level of flexibility in allocation   1 Answer