G4S Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G4S Interview Questions

Interviews at G4S

1.9

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

Irrelevant question for a interview . It would have you in surprise like huh! Like what are you asking me.other then that I love G4s they are great company

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in May 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by face to face interview. Very relaxed - talk through CV to begin with, followed by set questions but opportunity to ‘chat’ and elaborate as opposed to a more formal interview. 2 people on panel; 1 HR and other a Senior Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why G4S? As in what attracts you to this role / business?   Answer Question

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Nashville, TN (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

A complete waste of time. Bring you in for an interview, then tell you you have multiple interviews for position applied to after they get you there. (Should have had a clue when I asked what position I was interviewing for and she could not tell me specifically) Interview goes well, however, sorry the next person is out I will call you later. No call, have to track down next person myself three days later. Make contact and set up interview. Do interview and again get the news they want to move forward right away but hear sorry I have to send your resume to client for interview if they are interested. I don't really have any say in the process, after all I am the general manager and now we have an entirely new command for this. I just wanted to meet you. I will send out resume right away though I have no time to waste. Days later I email saying I need to start working so I can just take an officer position to start. GM says I am forwarding your resume right now and sure we will get on it. Get email from human resources, fill out another application. Confirm no need to come in. Next I get email for another interview! I already interviewed twice for a position two spots higher but I need to interview again? Really. I say I will not come in again because I already have twice and its 45 minute drive each way. No response. I tell them to go ahead and pull applications since they can't seem to figure out what they are doing. FASTEST part of the process, within minutes all applications show unsuccessful. WOW. Emailed GM who was also cc'ed on emails. Told him I would move forward if anything changes and they need people. No response. Complete waste of time and effort. Considering my referral to the company came from someone every high in the ranks you would figure it would mean something. Nope, not here, just a number machine.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at G4S (Danville, IL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Short and to the point. Very relaxed, did not feel pressured. Had to wait about 20 minutes to interview as the supervisor was dealing with a situation at the moment. Kind of got to see the job in action.

Several Manager Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiters for each of the4 positions I was interested in.

This staffing company is so disgustingly disorganized wasting so much gas and time for interviewees with recruiters (I was lied to and informed I was meeting with the Client) only for me to be told the position was "filled last week, but we have another position that fits you perfectly! Please apply on our website!" this happened a total of 4 times. I never ONCE met a client. I only met a recruiter for 3-5 minutes saying "oh position is filled."

Each of the 4 times they needed me to come into the Job fair (inn). Each of the 4 times I was told the position was filled the prior week and to apply on their website again. I clarified with them "Am I meeting with the client? or is this just going to be another 5 minute conversation with a recruiter?" I was told it would be with the client. Each time I overheard several recruiters claiming to other applicants "Oh this position has a lot of applicants, so just to clarify, what is your salary range?"

Honestly, why is there even a job fair? Just have phone interviews that are private and cost effective: don't need to rent a spot in the inn, phone calls can be 5 minutes, applicants can get a general idea before meeting with client.

It's VERY clear that the intent is to have all applicants to know there are other people so they accept whatever offers.

They already have someone in mind when they have you come in.

This is what my impression of their interview process is:
    1: Trick people into meeting at their job fair claiming there is a "panel" for you to interview with fortune 500 companies, so you come in.
    2: The people they actually want to hire will show up and from their perspective it will appear several people are 'fighting' for the position - This gives an impression that the interviewee should accept any offer or else they will just "give the position to someone else."

This is a VERY disgusting tactic.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I was asked competency questions which were followed by a short written test. The competency questions were different to what I had expected. The interview was fairly short at 25 minutes.

Senior Financial Analyst - Cash Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at G4S (Palm Beach Gardens, FL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

1. Phone interview with the Finance Director
    2. In person interview at HQ with the Finance Director
    3. In person interview with 2 more, Retail Supervisor and Analyst
    4. In person interview with Senior VP - Finance

Interview Questions

• Interview #1. Quite pleasant on the phone, asked about my skills and work history and touched on education. Emphasis on my excel skills which I offered to demo my model in person as I always do.
      Interview #2 Very pleasant as well. Touch on Excel skills mentioned some challenges working with a younger work force. Emphasized excel needs and mentoring. I was very open to all of it.
      Interview #3 two panel interview asked about dealing with disciplining employees if the need be and showed my excel model that I built. They like my excel skills. Pleasant interview.
      Interview #4 Not pleasant and almost stand-offish telling me she did not have a lot of time to meet me as soon as I walked in. Then proceeded to let me know that what was asked for from the 3 pervious people I met WAS NOT what she was looking for. The proceeded to tell me about her skills. So I listened. Then proceeded to attack my resume and job history. 20 mins later I left no longer knowing what the position was about and I left wondering why did I end up meeting someone who did not want to meet me at this stage ? Going through the motions while wasting my time is the best way I can put it.   3 Answers

Detention Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

No matter what you say in your interview they're only looking for what is minimum of opportunity to get you employed. Also know that you will have to go through a security clearance if there's has to deal with Federal contract with a whole new set of questions

Interview Questions

• What is it that you can bring to the company that others would not have   1 Answer

Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Raleigh, NC (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Smooth, they give alot of respect to former military and law enforcement. This is a good job to have after a hectic career. I recommend this company and have been satisfied with its policies.

Interview Questions

• How military skills transfer to security   1 Answer

Custom Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G4S (Memphis, TN (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied Online and Got A Call Back Maybe 2/3 Days. The Day Of My Interview, Literally an hour Before My Interview, The Called To Reschedule. The Day Of My Interview, They Were an Hour Late. The Actual Interview Itself Was Basically A Conversation. I Got Hired On The Spot. He Really Only Asked On Question.

Interview Questions

• Out Of All Candidates, Why Should I Pick You and What Makes You Unique?   Answer Question