G4S Upscale Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

G4S Upscale Security Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at G4S

1.8

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Cleveland, OH (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Online application process was unexpectedly detailed so have detailed records of work history, residential; driving record on hand for 7 years minimum. I filled out the application over the weekend and was contacted the following Monday; interviewed the next day. Interviewer was very cordial; questions were typical and also easy. Job offer was made contingent on extensive background verification. So far I have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult for me is about previous employers and G4S will ask. I did have a very "bad fit" situation a few years ago and I do know that employer gives very derogatory information about former employees. I probably should have risked being seen as unprofessional and explained the situation but it was a lot to explain and I really did not want to be as unprofessional as they are. It likely cost me the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy; I felt like I could have negotiated more but I really like the company; I was offered a fair rate of pay so no negotiation. We dicussed site posts and hours; flexible schedules are a big plus with this company. The offer is contingent on full background investigation (work history, education, criminal, driving record, credit, references). If I am called back there will likely be a psychological evaluation, drug screening and physical test.

Other Interview Reviews for G4S

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Denver, CO (US)) in June 2009.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a local career fair. Was invited in the next day for an interview. Was offered a position after going over my DD-214 (military record).

Interview Questions

• What made my military occupation specialty a "combat arms" MOS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation.

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Interview

Got email 2 weeks after applying. Showed up at the corporate office in Ft. Lauderdale. Breifed on job description. Took pee test and psych test

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

filled out application online, got a call 2 weeks later for an interview, completed paper work, went to take a urine test at local clinic, got confirmation of passing results within a hr, had a 2nd interview the same day and completed more paperwork, they did a full background check on me from local check state check and national check, got called back 2 weeks later after background check came back clear, had 3 days 8hr training with quiz and test to pass, received certificate after completing training and got assigned to a post.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in this company? Will you be an asset or a liability to us?   2 Answers

Negotiation

pay varies per post, up to you to accept or decline but if u have experience they will place u in a higher paying post

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at G4S (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Fast interview. By invitation only. Didn't last more than about 20 minutes. Business casual dress, no blue jeans or sneakers Start with a computer application, then phone, and finally In person.

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at G4S (Dallas, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief and straightforward. Basic questions about past job experience and a job briefing. The interviewer was very professional in informing the interviewee of post and location of job site. When I applied it didn't take very long to be called in for an interview. First step is the interview and if hired then a scheduled orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past job history?   1 Answer

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Orlando, FL (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The online application is very thorough, you need multiple references and work history dating back 7 years. Filled out application online and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day, Who scheduled me a face to face interview.

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at G4S (Miami, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had an Interview scheduled a few days later. The Interview itself was brief, but the online application process is very thorough, you need multiple references, and work history dating back to at least 7 years.

Interview Questions

• Was mainly about previous work experience, being prepared for training and receiving a license, etc.   Answer Question

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G4S (Charlotte, NC (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process is pretty easy. You meet with a site manager and answer some questions about your application. Next you are given a survey with the questions you are typically asked. After this is complete, the manager reviews your answers and may or may not make an offer of employment. If he/she does and you except, you are scheduled for orientation followed by 1-2 weeks of training classes.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      What can you offer the company?   2 Answers

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy, asked nothing that I wasn't expecting. Lots of preparation can be done on line and research about the company. Gave lots of facts and figures in the interview which seemed to go down well. Usually questions why should I hire you and that sort of thing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.