GE GE FMP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GE GE FMP Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

2.9

GE FMP Interview

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. Each round consisting of 2-3 30 minute interviews with managerial level employees. They also bring you in for super day which consists of meeting other FMPs and FMP's global leaders.

Interview Questions

• Describe a weakness you have and what you to do improve it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

GE FMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Took me 3 months to get the 1st round interview on the phone. Was sent an email saying I had advanced to the second round and was flown out to Milwaukee for the final round. There i had 3 interviews (1 - 2 on 1 and 2- 1 on 1s) with HR and Finance Execs.

GE FMP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and went to an interview on campus. Overall very nice, interview was mostly behavioral based. Have questions ready to ask at the end because they want more than a couple

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you have failed and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

GE FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Fairfield, CT (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

The company came to my school for first round interviews. The interviewer, who was from HR, was very friendly and informing about the position and the FMP program in general. The interview went smoothly but unfortunately it came across that I was more interested in banking (hence my preference for a GE Capital Placement). That being said, I was able to explain the difference between GE Capital and a traditional bank. Overall I do not feel that I was the candidate that GE was looking for for the FMP Program.

Interview Questions

• Considering that the interview was with HR, there were no technical questions. Questions included your typical fit questions that you can find in any interview guide.   Answer Question

GE FMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Villanova, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Villanova, PA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

An alumni of my university who worked in the same program I was applying for came to the university career center for the interview. It was a very comfortable yet professional interview. It helped that the person interviewing was an alum, as they could relate to some of the relevant coursework that I referred to in some of our discussions

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time that you encountered a situation that challenged your morals, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

GE FMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

1 on-campus interview with a CFO of a P&L. 2 on-site interviews in Atlanta, GA with a senior finance manager and with a CAS associate (accelerated program after FMP). Very behavior and not technical. They try to see if you a good fit for the company moreso than anything. Offer was given the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why FMP? Why not X job? (my resume suggested a more IT focused job) Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about the company, management, businesses within the conglomerate.   Answer Question

GE FMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

For internship, submit application and resume online. Phone call interview and discussion. Questions are behavioral. After ten week internship, two thirty minute interviews on site with program managers and HR. In addition, pitch work to executive finance staff. Find out a month later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to act like a leader.   Answer Question

GE FMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Fairfield, CT (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

For the entry-level FMP interview, the interview is entirely behavioral questions. It usually starts with an on-campus interview, then phone screen, and finally in-person interview. No case studies or anything like that. They really just want to confirm that you know what you are getting into and why you want to do corp finance so questions will be designed accordingly (which do you prefer more accounting or finance?)

Interview Questions

• Q: Which do you like more accounting or finance? Q: Tell me about a time when you lead a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

GE FMP Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Met operational representative at a forum, he channeled my cv and I had telephone interviews with RH the next day. The week after assessment center with HR + operationnal with technical test, individual interviews and group exercise. Technical test was not a elimination criteria.

GE FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ciudad de México (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Ciudad de México (Mexico)) in January 2019.

Interview

Online assessment, followed by an in person interview where the selected candidates are invited to a panel. During the panel, applicants are given 5 minutes to present themselves, and then they are given a business case.

Interview Questions

• Analyze the GE financial statements and determine strategies to increase the cash position.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.