GE Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GE Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

3.3

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Melbourne, FL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Hiring individual moved very quickly following initial conversation. Scheduled a Phone call/Digital Whiteboard exercise. This was followed up a week later with an in-person on site interview. It was scheduled for 4 people (each 1-on-1).
Initial conversation, phone/digital whiteboard, followed by in-person interview (4 people, 1-on-1)

Interview Questions

• Describe a design pattern. Whiteboard a simple example. We extended it to consider implications of multi-threaded environment.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA (US)).

Interview

Overall not encouraging. Recruiter called few times gathering same details. After few weeks of back and forth communication, phone screening was scheduled. Interviewer started asking system design questions borrowed from a book. When he was not satisfied with explanation, wrapped up the call.

Interview Questions

• Design Parking Lot. This was asked in phone screening. Few weeks later I learnt, this problem is from one of interview preparation books. Seriously..! Can't they come up with any realistic questions based on candidate's experience, rather than borrowing questions from a book.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and 6 weeks later received email from recruiter to setup a phone screen.
    After speaking with recruiter for 30 minutes, a second phone screen was setup for technical.
    Passed technical and was invited to their San Ramon campus for afternoon interviews with 8.
    Arrived on time to their office and greeted by recruiter who was polite throughout day.

After that things went downhill:
    1) Wasted 30 minutes trying to find an interview room. We found a narrow passageway
    what could have been a janitorial storage room.
    2) The dry erase markers were near empty and the white board was filthy from past interviews.
    3) The workers walking past looked stressed out.
    4) Spoke with only 1 Caucasian engineer, everyone else was foreign born and likely H1B visas.
    5) Managers and Directors were all rude and condescending. What did I do wrong?
    6) Their tech guy started asking me questions on a project I did only once.
    7) Their tech guy never asked me about my 10 years of platform experience.
    8) Insinuated I did not know how to code and I had to correct employee in my defense.

Overall, a big waste of a great Sunny day better spent interviewing a common sense employer.
    What amazes me is I know more about GE business than interviewers who only know how to talk.

Interview Questions

• How did you pull data out from REST?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Extremely slow recruitment process. 4 weeks after applying online recruiter contacted and asked about techical skills. Another 3 week wait for 45 minute phone screen. No response after that. Very difficult - all technical questions. Questions about c++ which didnt make sense in a .net interview. The interviewer seemed to read from their long list..very little time to think.

Interview Questions

• All sorts of techical questions - C#.net, data structures, sql/normalization, SOAP..etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Team fit was the most important aspect and the technical questions were more about process than architecture or standards. OOP wasn't discussed. Most of the topics were based on tools used.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Java?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted fast after submitted resume online. After phone interview, on-site was scheduled quickly. 5 persons each with 45 minutes interviewed. Most of interviewers just focused on the language details. One architecture asked overall system architecture of components. Not exactly sure what he wanted to hear. And last interviewer just directly brought a laptop and had me coding 4 programs in 45 minutes and they should be runnable and had unit testing cases....

Interview Questions

• Java languages details such executor.. But engineer can't clearly state the questions...   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Nothing technical. I got an impression that the management that interviewed me knew themselves what they needed. Just asked several questions about my previous experiences and asked questions that had shown their lack of technical expertise and amateurish approach.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

They requested that each candidate complete a Java test with several questions that were to be coded and executed eclipse. We were then given 45 minutes to complete the test questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamptons at Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Hamptons at Boca Raton, FL (US)) in February 2008.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. Interviewed with immediate manager and 3 co-workers. Was given Java test.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tough or tricky, all questions were straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for and got additional vacation days.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2020.

Interview

We need to wait whole day for 1st round if reach the venue on scheduled time, at the end they ask irrelevant questions and ask to leave. Didn't waste your time guys.

Interview Questions

• until testing questions, I don't know y these questions are mandatory??   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.