GE Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GE Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Two phone interview, one onsite. The HR is very helpful and arrange the interview efficiently since I have other offer deadlines. The onsite has 4 round, consists of engineer, PM. They are all smart and friendly, asked my experience in previous job.

Interview Questions

• 1. CV projects details
    2. ML questions such as SVM & Logistic regression
    3. Python , Java questions, use map to find most frequently appeared string   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE in November 2018.

Interview

Submit resume and after around 10 days got the phone interview. The interview is about 1 hour. After two weeks on-site interview is scheduled. 5 rounds for the on-site interview by different staffs and managers. Each around 45 min

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are about the projects described in my resume + Some behavior questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied Online and got a call from HR on the same week. The overall process was really quick.
    Second round of interview - Had a technical phone call with the Senior Architect.
    Third round of interview - Had another technical interview with the Hiring Manager
    Onsite - 1st round - HR discussion. Meet and Greet. Followed by office tour
                         2nd round - Technical Interview (Tested the basics in Java. Thorough questions
                         from the resume.
                         3rd round - Technical Interview (Questions from Data structures and Algorithms.
                         Coding)
                         4th round - Technical Interview (Coding)
                         5th round - HR discussion - About salary expectations, relocation, etc.,
    Overall process duration - 3 weeks

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed on the next day after campus career fair. 30 minutes one on one interview. Mostly behavirol, also asked about coding habits. Never heard from them even after I followed up.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to deal with a difficult team member   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Interview had multiple rounds and the technical round was highly technical.
    Interviewers were knowledgeable and had great reviews about the company.
    This was followed by an HR interview which was quite simple.
    GE focuses a lot on culture and individual persona, so make sure you believe in their core values.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job?
      A situation where you influenced decision
      A situation where you were unable to deliver what was asked and how you handled it   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minden, NV (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Minden, NV (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one by a screener (general questions about education, background, etc.) and one from the manager of the facility I'd be working in. The second one included a long list of general questions about object-oriented programming, databases, general computer science related topics (i.e. what is a.... or what's the difference between a ... and an ....). After the second phone interview there was an on site interview that lasted about 4 hours. 3 interviewers asked me another series of questions, had me draw a class diagram on the white board. Had me outline an object oriented program (diagram an object oriented program describing a record store), and then a detailed coding question written out on the white board, where I was to convert a string of roman numerals into an integer value. This was to be done in the language of my choice. Finally, I was given a small program (3 files) on a computer that contained 3 errors, and I was to debug it and find the errors. This was in C#.

Interview Questions

• Coding interview: convert a string of roman numerals into an integer value.   2 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Daytona Beach, FL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online assessment followed by recorded interview. Online assessment consisted of behavioral questions, recorded interview consisted of questions related to past work/project experience. Currently awaiting response to move to the next stage which is a 1-on-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to change an existing process to meet a stakeholder's needs, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Hartford, CT (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was friendly, i was first interviewed by HR, then by two department managers, the questions were mostly on software engineering and design patters.
    The questions weren't that diffecult for a sofware developper.

Interview Questions

• What are the design patters that you have used in the past.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Processing took 2 months and I took another company offer. They asked two technical question which is not too bad. They were really nice and would accept their offer if i did not get another offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through school career website and they got back to me saying I got a on campus interview very soon, like within two days. The interview was two parts, one behavior questions and one technical questions. I didn't get in the second round because my technical background and programming skills were not strong enough, and they pointed that out directly during the interview. Behavior questions were easy, but they had a high standard for technical skills.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.