GLOBALFOUNDRIES Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Interview Questions

Interviews at GLOBALFOUNDRIES

2.7

Device Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in June 2020.

Interview

HR Interview and then technical Interview . HR tells benefits and them interviewers ask questions about your knowledge about hiring field about device engineer.Most of the benefits are about the health insurance.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

Quick and easy with always available contact with recruiter and HR that are able to answer any questions promptly. Interviewers are friendly and able to answer specific questions about desired position

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in February 2020.

Interview

Application online, shortlisted. Multiple rounds of interview: Phone Interview, 1st Onsite in Person Interview with Hiring Manager and Stakeholders, multiple follow-on Onsite Interviews with Upper Management. Professionally conducted, HR follow up was professional. Informed about whether you made it to the next round within a reasonable time.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Amherst, MA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Professional, met the recruiter at a school fair. I received an interview and scheduled a time for the upcoming week. The recruiter then told me that I will be getting back a review the next day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Took about 4 months in total. I was contacted by the company through the society of women engineering conference and interviewed there. They finally reached back out to me to bring me onside to Malta, NY for an interview. The interview takes 2-3 hours because you are meeting with different people every 30 minutes. They booked the hotel as well as got a rental car for me. HR Person was really nice, but the interviews were all with people on the team I was interviewing for. They all assumed as an entry-level role that I know everything about manufacturing, process engineering, etc. so that was a little weird. Most questions they asked about my engineering project experience right of my resume, they also asked me to physically draw on the board to explain one of my projects and do calculations right in front of them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in December 2019.

Interview

2 - hour phone interviews broken up into four 30 min segments, 3 of them with managers, and last one with HR rep.

Mostly questions about my research experience.

Received offer but did not accept due to better offers at other companies.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (Malta, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

There was a career fair at the school and then applied online. Got called to an interview at the very impressive factory in Malta. There was a large group invited for interview but it was individual interviews. The interview was split into three sections: first was interview with two engineers where the entire session was just me explaining my research on a white board; the second session was with an HR person and the questions were normal, but i asked most of the question because he was not asking my anything; the final session was an extensive tour of the facility.

Overall experience was great for the day and we were told to expect a response within two weeks. After the interview, I did the usual courtesy stuff and got in contact with the HR person and that is where the problem started. I gave them about a month to get back to me before contacting them and i was told a decision will be made in the next few days. That was in December, interview was in October. Since then, I have asked for updates about 3 to 4 times and i always get "decision will be made in a few days". It has been more than 6 months since the interview. This is why my overall experience is negative.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain your thesis research?   1 Answer

Senior Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Fishkill, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES (East Fishkill, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied through an online form after a manager at the company requested me to apply. Received a text message requesting an interview within a week. Interview originally scheduled with 2 managers but due to other company concerns, only 1 manager-- the one who had requested I apply-- was present. As I have been under contract for this company for some time, the interview was informal with no background or behavioral questions-- only an outline of the job as they see it. I recieved an offer through their website shortly thereafter, below the range that I'd told them would be necessary before the process began and lacking any of the specifics discussed in the interview (as well as disclaimers stating that any verbal agreements during the interview were invalid). After another brief phone discussion with their hiring team to discuss my concerns I was told they would respond within 2 days. There was no response again and the online offer was rescinded.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to train other employees   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to learn other equipment?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to work nights?   1 Answer

Equipment Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

Got contacted a month or two after applying to multiple jobs on the careers website. Came from out of state, got rental car and overnight hotel. Interview was standard: met with 4 different people, two engineering managers, an HR person, and someone from a different department. Asked typical questions like what I did at my internship, what projects I've worked on in school, career interests, etc. Got a response exactly 2 weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time working with a difficult to work with co-worker.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GLOBALFOUNDRIES.

Interview

Email followed by series of on campus interviews. Talked to multiple people over the span of a couple of hours, no continuity between each different person, they definitely did not to be there. After the process was over they said they should get back to me within two weeks, after three I accepted a different offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.