GOGO Vacations Travel Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

GOGO Vacations Travel Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at GOGO Vacations

4.0

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GOGO Vacations.

Interview

I submitted my resume via careerbuilder and was contacted a few days later to set up a phone interview. The HR lady was nice and the phone interview went well. Basic questions about my past experience, what in did in my past jobs, pretty standard. I was told I made it to phase two and that someone would call me for a background check interview on the phone. They lady seemed pretty casual about it and did not warn me for what was about to happen.

A guy called me at are set interview time and it was more like an interrogation than a "background interview" like I was lead to believe. I have never experienced anything like this in my entire life. I put him on speaker so my family could hear and everyone just starred blankly with their mouths open in disbelief. You would think I was being interviewed for the FBI. It went way too far for the position and pay grade and was an invasion of privacy with some questions (what kind of car make and model do you drive) having no bearing on the job!It was rapid fire questions, one right after the other in the hopes that you will trip up or not have time to make up a lie. Here are just some of the many questions I was asked that I still remember:

Have you ever been fingerprinted?
Have you ever stolen a car?
Have you ever been questioned by police?
Are you friends with anyone who has ever been questioned by police?
Have you ever taken a polygraph test?
What kind of car do you have?
What make, model, year is your car?
Have you ever lied in your entire life?
Have you ever stolen something in your entire life?
Have you ever been pulled over?
How is your credit?
How much do you owe on your credit cards?
How many credit cards do you have?
Have you ever filled bankruptcy?
What is the single best day of your entire life, please describe?

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It is a set pay.

Other Interview Reviews for GOGO Vacations

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GOGO Vacations in May 2013.

Interview

+ 1st: Application package with specific questions. I think it's great since people might get hesitated with that and you might have less competitors.

+ 2nd: They will send an email asking you to schedule a phone interview. For me, the email came the next day.

+ 3rd: Phone interview. For me, on my schedule interview day and time, I didn't hear from them. So I called the office and was told that my interviewer called the day off. I understand things happen but I got upset since she didn't get back to me until 2 days later and didn't confirm the new interview day and time until the morning of the actual interview which was 3 days later.

Well I got my interview at last and she seems nice but either not very organized or very occupied. Here is how the phone interview went:

.Tell me what you know about the company and why you want to work for the company

.She went on to talk about the company & the position

.Basic questions about the location, hours, personal commitment in the next 6 months & salary expectation

.Do you have any questions? (comes a little early to me, this usually happens at the end)

.Current job, the reason to leave.

.Situation where you pay extra attention to the details

.Situation where you have to multi task and how you prioritize the tasks

.Experience with any Database and CRM Softwares

.How many wpm can you type?

.What CRM software did you use at your last call-center job?

.Do you ever work in a Sales Target environment? What are the Sales Targets?

.5 years plan

+ 4th: She told me that she'll let me know in about a week if I make it to the next step or not and that would be a group assessment where all qualified candidate will be interviewed. I did receive the email but I didn't make it.

I thought my phone interview went well but you never know. The experience was still good though.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview is pretty straight forward with no difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.