GVC Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at GVC Group

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GVC Group.

Interview

- first interview on the phone, the second one in the office with the Head of the Department
    - professional recruiter
    ... ... .... .... .... .... ... .... .... ....

Interview Questions

• - Why are you interested in this position?
      - What are the first five things you will do when you start working for us?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GVC Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview story about Coral Ladbrokes
    Interview 0: home task of a basic project
    Interview 1: Started with tech interview with team leader, then with their senior developer. Too poor questions, did not really know what to ask. The most "exciting: part was where they told me, that the position is for Java Developer (5%) and NodeJS (95%), though nothing was told about working with NodeJS at all.
    Both told me their core product is written in Java (on tech level of 10 years old: spring 3 in 2018) and no plans to split/migrate/upgrade the monolith system for the next year at least.
    CTO joined in the end and welcomed with interview passing.

Interview 2: HR interview. Wanted me to write a story of my successful career in hand.

After the interview and some distracted questions, the HR asked for the recommendations and there it started.

I've provided 2 people
    The 1st one contacted me and told me he was interrogated severely, like some kind of a keen police interrogation. Each answer was doubted and then distorted by the company's representative.
    Moreover, the caller behaved rude (comparing how do HRs usually speak and behave): the conversation started with a DEMAND to speak right now.

The 2nd told me, the company never reached the contact (glad they haven't).

Then, two weeks after, I've received an email from some third party service on Coral Ladbrokes behalf, that there is no position, matching my skills at the time. (After I was confirmed I passed their tech interview from at least 3 people)

Beware and stay away

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GVC Group.

Interview

I have applied through standard application process and got contacted by the hiring manager. I got a phone call from them first. asking me about something pretty standard. the whole phone call is around 10 min -ish

Interview Questions

GVC Group Response

18 Jun 2019 – Social Media Associate

Thank you for leaving a review.

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GVC Group (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied for the role and had a telephone call/interview going over my experience and the role, being told I was suitable for it. However the HR person interviewing me said they would then pass my details on to a hiring manager, suggesting there was another stage and they were not in charge of the recruitment. After a quiet period, I was offered a telephone interview (instead of a face to face interview, which I found strange). An interviewer was added at the last minute and this was changed from a teleconference to a video call on the Google hangouts app; Many of the same questions from the first 'interview' were asked, which I answered. I chased the outcome of the interview and was told I was not successful. I accepted this but two of the reasons given I felt were unfair. One was the location - a coffee shop I had chosen - being 'too noisy' and me not being heard properly despite me asking them to let me know if they could not hear me quickly at any point. (I was told at the end of the interview). Another was that I did not go over my experience enough, even though I had done this with one of the interviewers in the first interview and she had been impressed. I had also preferred a face to face interview and had no control over the recruiters' preference of a telephone interview which I do not think is as good or useful as a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

GVC Group Response

9 Jul 2019 – Social Media Associate

SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GVC Group (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in July 2018.

Interview

I had a long 2 hour test at home, 3 hours interview, had to make corrections to the home test, another 1 hour skype interview, another office 1 hour interview, , English test.

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GVC Group (Vienna (Austria)).

Interview

I had the phone interview with HR. She asked some questions and talked more about position. She promised to reply me in 1 week. But she didn't reply even in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

GVC Group Response

9 Jul 2019 – Social Media Associate

Thank you for leaving a review.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GVC Group (London, England) in September 2012.

Interview

It could be two or three step. First on the phone then first visit to the office. If positive, a third visit will usually be required. First visit can take between 1-2 hours. Second visit will be quicker. Whole process depends on the department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in gambling?   1 Answer

Admin Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gibraltar (Gibraltar)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GVC Group (Gibraltar (Gibraltar)).

Interview

i actually applied for a more senior role but they called me about this one which was more in my remit , i had a phone call from the recruiter , then a test to do , then a skype with the recruiter and the manager and that was it.

it was great , they were nice and very professional the whole time .

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GVC Group (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Questions about skills, industry and company. You had to do a video interview and then a face to face. It was friendly throughout the process. Email queries had speedy responses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think a career in betting and gaming is for you?   1 Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valletta (Malta)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GVC Group (Valletta (Malta)).

Interview

Casual relaxed interview. Questions mainly about work skills, and personal life but nothing too personal. First interview was with department manger, the second with human resources. Both interviewers were nice and pleasant people and the interview process and offer were quick, took leaa than a week.

Interview Questions

• What experience or skills do you have for this job?
      What is your current job?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.