Gallagher Claims Representative Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gallagher Claims Representative Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Gallagher

3.1

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gallagher (Duluth, GA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted to take an online assessment test. After those test results were favorable, I had a telephone interview. The next step was an in-person interview, which consisted of two parts. First, I took another assessment test; I was told that the second portion of the interview would take place only if I passed. I believe this was done to weed out any potential cheaters on the online assessment test. Once I passed the test, I had the interview portion with 3 interviewers. After that, I had to go through the background screening, which was more extensive than average. About a week later, I received an offer. The whole process took about 3 months from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge or conflict you had at work, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gallagher

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallagher (Burlington, NJ (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Single interview with the branch manager. Standard interview questions, nothing technical about claims knowledge as this was an entry-level position so the assumption is that the candidate has no prior knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make an important and critical business decision quickly and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gallagher (Duluth, GA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Online application, wonder link exam via email, telephone interview, in person wonder link exam and interview with the branch manager and vp of the south east division.

Lots of scenario questions and explain a time where ....

At least a 1.5 hour interview not including the testing time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, which involved a lot of "tell me a time when thus and such happened and how you reacted" type questions. They sent me an online aptitude test to take. It was pretty much an easier version of the SAT or GRE. The questions involved basic math and vocabulary. A few weeks later they called me and asked me to come in for an in-person interview. They asked a number of the same questions that were asked in the phone interview. Again it was mostly "what would you do/what did you do" type questions. After about a week they contacted me via email and asked me to verify the details of my online application so that they could give my information to the company that does their background checks. The background check company emailed me and had me give them seven years worth of work history, including company contact information, supervisors, and salaries. After my background check came back clean, HR called me with a job offer and then sent an email with specific job offer details.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any curve ball questions. Be prepared to answer questions like, "Tell us about a time you had to solve a difficult problem/how you reacted to criticism/how you prioritize to get everything done."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made no negotiations. I was content with the offer as it was.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher.

Interview

Applied through indeed.com and received an email to take an assessment. I did ok on assessment and moved on to a phone interview the following week. After doing well on the phone interview, I was invited for an in person interview which you take the assessments again. You only have the in person interview if you pass the assessment. Passed the assessment and moved onto interview. Find out a couple days later, I made it to the background check phase, if you make it this far they are definitely considering you, but it does not mean you got the job. A few weeks passed and I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions, just a lot of scenario questions, be prepared for this.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gallagher (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application in mid-March and was sent the Wonderlic assessment a few weeks later. Once it was determined that I met the qualifications on my Wonderlic, I received an email stating I was being scheduled for a phone interview in April. I didn't actually receive the phone call until May, but it will definitely keep you on your toes on anticipation. Once I got the call I interviewed with a branch manager who was really extremely pleasant, any question that I didn't understand she gave me an example of what she meant. There were a lot of situational questions, "tell me about a time..." Overall the phone interview was concise but relaxed/professional. She gave me immediate feedback and was very thorough in her explanation of the position. She let me know right away that I would be coming in the following week for my in-person interview. The next week I received a phone call from another branch manager to schedule me for the in person. When I arrived I was met promptly by the branch manager who immediately made me feel welcomed, he smiled and was very warm. The process started with me re-taking the Wonderlic, I assume to ensure that you didn't cheat on the one you took at home. I breezed through it and then began my three personal panel interview, led by the lead branch manager. It was much again the situational what would you do type questions, some of them the same as phone interview but most of them different. I did notice that your responses are scaled. At the end I was given a sheet that asked my proficiency in different functions of Microsoft Word and Excel, then told the next step in the process is to undergo a background screening and then offer letters would mailed out from there. I am currently awaiting the results of my background screening.

Interview Questions

• What kind of boss would you prefer?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time when you had to do something you didn't agree with, what was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Gallagher (Duluth, GA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Months to hire, applied on indeed, received an email requesting a test two months later, got a call back for a phone interview another two months later, and then called back to set up an interview with the branch manager within that week. Had to take to online exam again as soon as I got to the interview then sat thru a bunch of questions regarding how I handle certain situation. Interview was approximately 2 hours long

Interview Questions

• Just be prepared. there are a lot of questions as to what you would do and why and tell me a time where you had to blank blank blank   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negoitiation. firm salary with benefits offer was generous

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.