Gallagher Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gallagher Interview Questions

Interviews at Gallagher

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gallagher.

Interview

Intimidating- I interviewed 3 times for 3 different positions. Each time is intimidating with at least 2-3 supervisors eyeing you down. Practice in the mirror, slow down & smile. Now a days they give a commercial insurance test... there is no faking it either you'll know the basic p&c questions or you won't. Lastly- it's all about who you know. If a referral recommended you, play that referral throughout the entire interview. They recommend I work here, I've heard nothing but phenomenal things from her/him...

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a stressful client situation and how you handled it? Think: I brought them from ^ to - and here's how.
      If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be? Think: "Commitment to Quality"
      Tell me about yourself. Think: Team, attentive to detail, time management, can handle 100+ e-mails a day.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallagher.

Interview

I was emailed and scheduled for a phone screening interview with HR. We discussed my related experience and preferences along with current benefits. Then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview with multiple people that you will potentially work with. After the first interview took place I was called for a second interview to meet with department supervisor who I would report to.

I thought the interview process was easy. The staff makes an effort to make you feel comfortable. Just be yourself.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gallagher (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

First meeting with a panel of the team that I'd be working with. Several questions were asked at that point pertaining to my experience and some behavioral-type questions. Then I had a meeting with main producer and lastly a skills test.

Interview Questions

• How do you cope with high stress environment.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gallagher in January 2018.

Interview

First interview: Phone call with recruiter, they describe the role and opportunity and do 90% of the talking.
    Second: Second call with recruiter, they review your resume and ask questions about past performance. You do majority of speaking as candidate. Have stories to tell about key wins to date, makes this call a breeze.
    Third: Phone interview with hiring manager (area president). Looking to make sure you have the history of performance in a sales role worthy of the in person interview. Will ask about individual contributions as well as team selling. Opportunity to ask questions back and forth. You will do 70% of talking if asking appropriate questions. Highly recommend you review the last earnings call/press release before this call to demonstrate that you understand recent happenings in their company and can ask questions about them.
    **personality quiz between interviews**
    4th interview: in-person peer interview with future teammates to make sure it is a good cultural fit. Area President will be present when you arrive to meet you but will not be in the meetings with peers. Be excited/energetic but not over the top if it's not your personality. Ask a lot about them and have succinct stories to tell about yourself to common questions. They won't know anything about you other than that you are a serious candidate as many people don't get this far.
    5th interview: Interview with Regional Manager (area president's boss). Likely a phone interview unless a slow time of year. This can be hardest but is often just to 'check a box' if the Area President and team really like you. Hyper prepare for this one with stories and wins to review and you are likely to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where/how have you generated business in the past?   1 Answer
    • How were you measured in your previous roles and what was your performance vs quota in those roles? Awards/recognition?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever operated in a team selling/ cross-selling environment? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

It took a while, but enjoy working for the company. Very seamless, was able to be honest and was comfortable. There was no room for negitionation for salary.

Interview Questions

• How do I plan on building a profitable book of business   2 Answers

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gallagher (Tallahassee, FL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Three recruiters were present. Very courteous and welcoming despite the tough interview. They asked many questions and expected a lot in the answers. I would recommend knowing a great deal about the company going into the interview as well as how your skills relate to the job.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview then in person with a group of people that include your future mentors, operations manager and regional manager. The group interview was in their office in one of the managers rooms. It was very comfortable and not intimidating. They were very friendly and welcoming making the interview easier.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

Very laid back, interviewed with the branch manager and then a recruiter/consultant joined for last bit of the interview. Afterwards they took me on a tour of the office and answered all of my questions.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallagher (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

HR Interview was good.
    Hiring manager did not ask me on leadership related question about a manager role, ever wonder how bad managers get hired, this is how. Good accountant do not translate to good accounting managers always, good programmers are not always good leaders.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher (Itasca, IL (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Face to face interviews. Nothing out of the ordinary.