Gallagher Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gallagher Interview Questions

Interviews at Gallagher

2.7

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Structured, yet very personable. Made me feel welcome and excited to get to know me. The conversation flowed and the panel did a great job of answering my questions. While I didn't get the offer, I'd absolutely interview with GB again.

Select Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallagher (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interviewer was very laid back and easy to speak with. Started by asking about my experience and explained the position to me. Didn't sound like something that would be a good fit for me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gallagher (Bellevue, WA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

My intention is to go into sales, and all of the staff is on board with that. They recommend a certain path for that, and I have had interviews with several members of the staff regarding that path/where I would start.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher (Hoffman Estates, IL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Multiple levels starting with phone interviews and then an in person interview with different department employees. Process and questions were average and meeting with multiple employees including the hiring manager was helpful. The downside is they do not follow up with you. Even after spending a few hours in an interview, I don't mind not getting an offer but it is very unprofessional that they do not let you know the status and do not respond to the thank you and follow up messages sent. They obviously do not respect anyones time and that is a major red flag!

Interview Questions

• general, standard questions about experience and what I can contribute to the organization. They wanted examples of different projects and the outcomes.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher in February 2018.

Interview

One video interview with multiple levels of employees at the firm. Very polite and conversational. Only technical questions asked were about previous personal experience. Almost entirely behavioral with no brainteasers.

Interview Questions

• What's a class you're taking that you're really interested in?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gallagher in February 2018.

Interview

Group interview with Area President and Sales Manager then one-on-one discussions with other senior leaders. Eventually, an online personality assessment is presented. Salary discussion and incentive programs were discussed near the end of the process. Still to come are drug testing and background check.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher (Rolling Meadows, IL (US)).

Interview

The process was very organized and structured. It started with a phone screen and I was brought in for an in person. I was sent a detailed interview confirmation of who I would be meeting with and exactly where I needed to go/time frame to expect. Everyone I met with was personable but professional. I met with some people two at a time, but mostly it was one on one. I felt a genuine interest from the interviewers to get to know my background and my long term goals. Everyone also had a clear picture of what I could expect in the role from day one as well as 3-5 years from now, which was a great sign that they had initiatives in place for the future. Interview feedback and follow up from the Recruiter was quick and positive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gallagher in January 2018.

Interview

First interview: Phone call with recruiter, they describe the role and opportunity and do 90% of the talking.
    Second: Second call with recruiter, they review your resume and ask questions about past performance. You do majority of speaking as candidate. Have stories to tell about key wins to date, makes this call a breeze.
    Third: Phone interview with hiring manager (area president). Looking to make sure you have the history of performance in a sales role worthy of the in person interview. Will ask about individual contributions as well as team selling. Opportunity to ask questions back and forth. You will do 70% of talking if asking appropriate questions. Highly recommend you review the last earnings call/press release before this call to demonstrate that you understand recent happenings in their company and can ask questions about them.
    **personality quiz between interviews**
    4th interview: in-person peer interview with future teammates to make sure it is a good cultural fit. Area President will be present when you arrive to meet you but will not be in the meetings with peers. Be excited/energetic but not over the top if it's not your personality. Ask a lot about them and have succinct stories to tell about yourself to common questions. They won't know anything about you other than that you are a serious candidate as many people don't get this far.
    5th interview: Interview with Regional Manager (area president's boss). Likely a phone interview unless a slow time of year. This can be hardest but is often just to 'check a box' if the Area President and team really like you. Hyper prepare for this one with stories and wins to review and you are likely to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where/how have you generated business in the past?   1 Answer
    • How were you measured in your previous roles and what was your performance vs quota in those roles? Awards/recognition?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever operated in a team selling/ cross-selling environment? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher (Rolling Meadows, IL (US)).

Interview

It started with a phone interview and then you are asked to go in to the main local office for a final interview round where you get interviewed by 3 separate groups of people over a 4 hour period. All 3 of my interviewers seemed very unorganized, unprepared, and honestly didn't know what they were doing. One of my interviewers even had his foot up on his chair messing with his sock while asking me questions. It was very hard to stay professional when my interviewers appeared to not care and give me one word answers when I would ask them questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallagher (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter. 2 weeks later I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I love the fact that the recruiter told me it would that that long to hear back. Overall Interview experience was not positive. Manager sounded harsh when asking questions and does not sound approachable and was distracted. Companies need to be aware that although they are conducting an interview, applicants are also indirectly interviewing the company as well to see if this is also a right fit for them. It is a 2-way review. No leadership questions was asked which is why I am not interested in accepting a job offer