Gallup Consulting Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gallup Consulting Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Gallup

2.8

Consulting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gallup in September 2009.

Interview

Passed through the online analysis, first phone interview, second phone interview and then the hiring manager. Then came the in-person interviews. Three people loved me, one hated me. The one fought the many until they capitulated to his will. No offer made.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Consulting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

nonstop personality questions. No real talking with the interviewer. You can barely explain yourself for certain questions when you want to. There are mostly all behavioral questions. It takes about 30 minutes because it consists of 50 questions. It's basically a personality exam you take online but with a person. It can be a little initimidating.

Consulting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

I apply online via its website. First, it was online assessment test, which is based on only behavioral test. After few weeks, I got a call from HR to make phone interview. The interview was simple as in online assessment test. You need to get the answer from top of your mind. Almost all questions require example or explanation of your answer. So, try to answer based on your past experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions are behavioral questions as other people post in this website   1 Answer

Consulting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gallup in May 2015.

Interview

1st Online behavioral assessment
    2nd Phone interview
    3rd Phone Interview
    4th Interview with manager
    5th Interview with director

For the phone interviews. There is no right or wrong, be yourself and try your best to give "specific answers". Give a real example of what you did, do not give vague answers.

1st phone interview will last around 30 min. 2nd phone interview around 1 hour. They are both structured questions, so it is just question and answer. No interaction with the interviewer, he/she will just be reading you questions.

Interview Questions

• -Describe the pace of your life
      -What is your goal in life?
      -What will you choose between focusing on your current clients or find more clients?
      -How do you measure success?
      -What do you think about when you are alone?
      -Can you pretend to like someone when you actually dislike this person?

Some question does not require you to give any explanation (yes or no), and it would not make any difference trying to explain, so it is better to save your energy.   Answer Question

Consulting Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup in March 2012.

Interview

Process: Psychometric online test --> First Telephonic Interview -->Second Telephonic Interview
    Note: I have only cleared the first telephonic interview and I was told that my next interview would be the very next day.
    Anlysis of the interview: I believe that the interview questions were extremely well scripted, with one or two really twisted ones. My interview lasted for about 35 odd mins and had a few questions which I had not come across on any of the forums. One of the questions which I found interesting as it was extremely subjective was - How do you work in an organization with closed people? Others were the usual ones listed earlier
    - What do you consider a good time for you?
    - Would you rather sell a few products to many customers or many products to a few customers?
    - Have you ever changed a culture? If Yes, how?
    - Do you have to be the boss?
    - Are you responsible? Explain.
    - Are you a leader? Explain how.
    - How do you feel about cynical people in your organization?
    - Have you ever made someone else make your cause their own? If yes elaborate how?
    - Have you ever challenged anyone more than what they had been expecting?
    - Do you always do what the client asks of you?
    - Do u hold back emotions or do u express freely?

Interview Questions

• Would you invest your time on a high achiever or on a low achiever?   1 Answer
    • Are you on the Fast Track? / Would you say you are amongst the top 5% of the population?   Answer Question
    • How do you explain something to a peer so that it is easily understandable?   Answer Question

Consulting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied the job online and it took nearly a month to hear from HR scheduling a 30-min interview. It is like what other posts said, typical questions measuring your characteristics, behaviors, decision-making, etc. Not hard, just be yourself.

Consulting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup in December 2011.

Interview

The response from HR was pretty fast but the phone interview had to be scheduled for 2 weeks later as all the slots have been taken up. Similar to most of the reviewer experience on this page, the interview consisted of a long, robotic list of behavioral based questions for which my interviewer (who was a consultant) could only repeat but could not interpret in any way. The interview lasted about an hour and the interviewer immediately scheduled another phone interview within the same week with me.

Consulting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in December 2011.

Interview

it is like a questionnaire. Sometimes, you need to rate from 1-5 or 1-10; sometimes you just need to say yes or no. The first phone interview was scheduled for 30 minutes for about 30 questions, but I just used 20 minutes...I should have said more...At the end of the interview, a second phone interview was scheduled for a week later and I was informed it would be a 45 minute more in-depth interview. I will update the questions for the second interview after that.

Questions for 1st phone interview:
    How much do you prefer working for the top company in some industry? Why consulting industry? Do you order people to do something, describe? Do you prefer working alone or with others, describe? Are you more imaginative than others, example? Several questions about honesty, like how to prove? Examples about keeping promise.

Tips: read all the posted interview questions here. Don't be nervous. Focus on the questions (don't say too much unrelated things). Sometimes it is very hard to understand the questions. I guess the meaning changes when the questions were translated into chinese...I guess it is better to give your own interpretation first, if you think the question seems ambiguous.

Consulting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

If you pass the online personality assessment, first round will be a phone interview. I was told it was going to be completely psycho-behavioral, and it was. The interviewer follows a script and isn't allowed to react or respond to your answers. It took roughly 30 minutes. Questions came fast, one after another so be prepared. Some were odd and many times I was asked to rate myself on a scale of 1-5

Interview Questions

• Should a manager focus on under performers or over performers?
      When was the last time you helped someone?
      When are you at your best?
      How responsible are you? rate on a scale of 1-5   Answer Question

Consulting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gallup (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2012.

Interview

It took approximately 4 months for them to make all the 8 interviews and many similar questions during the process. At times I though they had already given up on me as candidate because they did not give any feedback...

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you helped a colleague to succeed.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.