Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Dec 2018

2.1

711 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Phila, PA (US)).

Interview

Fairly easy process. Series of typical retail interview questions with lots of scenario example questions that should be answered in full sentences with practical answers and commentary. Be jolly but don't over do it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

I applied online, took a survey and received a phone call asking me to come in for a group interview the next week. The interview was in a common place in the mall and was pretty casual. She would ask a question and we would go around in a circle giving our answer.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to sell Gap credit cards?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Ontario, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. At first the manager asked us each to talk about ourselves. Then she asked basic questions like "when was the last time YOU had great costumer service" and asked for us to say an answer if we had one..no specific order

Interview Questions

• When are you available since you are starting school soon?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gap (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back to schedule an interview with one of the managers. There's 2 other people waiting to be interviewed so we ended up having a group interview instead.

Interview Questions

• Why Gap?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite item to wear and why?   Answer Question
    • If I called your previous manager, what would he/she will say about you?   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest accomplishment and why?   Answer Question
    • What is a good customer service for you?   1 Answer
    • Name me a time where you experienced a good customer service. What made it good?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Another interviewee and I had to wait over an hour to get interviewed, because the manager had to handle a difficult customer. Once the situation was handled, she apologized and brought us into the back to begin the interview. It was awkward having to get interviewed with another peer, but the environment was very relaxed. She told us that she is really into personalities and getting to know the people she's employing, so she asked us to describe ourselves. All three of us were just having a conversation rather than a formal interview, which was different than my other interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• What would a good day at work consist of?
      Why did you apply to Gap?
      What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Ontario, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and within 2 business days they called to set up an interview. It was a group interview with 4 other people. Everyone was asked 3 to 4 questions and it was probably a total of 30 minutes! It was quick and easy. Three days after the interview I got a call to set up an orientation time! If you need a job and it's your first time a seasonal position at Gap is the way to go.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northfield, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gap (Northfield, MN (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and done over the phone. I applied online and they called me and asked a few questions. We had a conversation and they told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with difficult customers   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Miami, FL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very basic interview. I met with the store manager & was asked the basic questions such as "why do you want to work at Gap?", "what's your availability?" & "why did you leave your last job?" to name a few. This was followed by an overall briefing of store policies & protocol.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Augusta, GA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. It was not a group interview, it was one on one in the office at Gap. I was asked some basic questions about myself and my past work experience. I got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Gap   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap (Charlotte, NC (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was a group interview with three other people. The manager asked us each the same questions. It was pretty casual. I gave them a call the next week to check on the status of my application and they called me back the same day with an offer, which I accepted. It takes awhile for you to start because they do schedules three weeks in advance so after all your orientation stuff is over you won't start right away.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.