Gartner Client Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gartner Client Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.5

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall the interview process was brilliant. Originally I was contacted by a Gartner recruiter for a possible role with team supporting a large internet networking company I previously worked for. That role did not eventuate however a few months later the same recruiter introduced me to his peer who was interviewing for a client executive in a similar company.

I went through the standard screening calls, then had two video calls with the client director, another phone call with the area manager, a panel interview with the acct team, then a final conversation w/ the area VP.

In hindsight the panel interview was great to go through. As the candidate you get to see the personalities and dynamics of the team you'll be working for, they get to see you out of your comfort zone leading a discovery call w/ a scenario / role play that is purposefully vague. You could freak yourself out over-preparing or you could draw on your skills and experience (value-based selling, SPIN, empathic listening) and simply let yourself shine. I'd recommend a bit of both and more of the latter.

All up, the process took about 3 1/2 weeks. The Gartner recruiter kept me informed every step of the way, was available for coaching re: role play, was transparent about salary expectations, and was super responsive.

I received a verbal offer on Friday and the formal offer in writing that following Monday.

Interview Questions

• The customer is always right, but often times they're wrong...how do you let them know when they're wrong?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Challenging real life scenario role play with fictitious CXO client. Given background information on client scenario and conducted a meeting as I would in real life. Uncovered client’s critical priorities, quantified pain/challenges associated, and positioned Gartner for next steps to enable client success and secure path to closure of new services. After conclusion self-evaluated performance and received feedback from leadership. Had the opportunity to ask any outstanding questions not covered in previous interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to working/partnering with a client in a difficult/challenging scenario   1 Answer

Client Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

various interviews 1 to 1 and panel interview

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Interview

Recruiter reached out through LinkedIn w/o having position posted. First round phone interview scheduled at 215pm the recruiter arrived about 7min late. The entire process is asking about the current salary, benefit, and why now is good time decide to make the move. No chance to further understand the position, or to discuss how I as candidate fit into the position. We both agreed to move ahead with hiring manager for further interview, 24hrs after the recruiter sent an email saying they have a numbers of candidates with better fit with this "position", therefore will not proceed with further steps. Surprising, but more disappointing with the poor arrangement and communications from a company like Gartner.

Interview Questions

• What is the current salary? 2015 and 2016 T4 number... benefit coverage...main territory...why decide to take the change now vs. other time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England) in December 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview with recruitment
    1st panel interview Face to Face with 6 people
    2nd panel interview Face to Face with 6 people including a presentation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was a little bit painful. The salaries are not high at Gartner compared with other IT sales roles and I felt like I was being "bartered down" all the time which made me feel devalued. However they offer all the standard perks that come with working for a US company and the Private Health scheme is second to none - focused more on wellbeing and perks associated with gym membership, sports equipment etc

Anonymous Employee in Egham, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Egham, England) in July 2010.

Interview

Very comprehensive - 1: recruiter interview telephone call, 2: recruiting manager telephone call, 3: manager face to face, 4: panel interview with approx 6 persons on the panel

Negotiation

quick

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.