Gartner Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,906 of over 1,906.0 interviews

Employee Referral20%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I interviewed at Gartner (London, England, England)

Interview

Very archaic interview process, I pulled out due to how backwards it was. Everything explained in the “power of three “, to the point all your answers sound really rehearsed and lacking any sort of diversity of style. Encouraged to ask cold call prospects how the weather is and how their week is going - this is a really poor opening for a cold call and couldn’t be more outdated. While the company is a big name, the salary is much lower than other companies. I pulled out of this process due to the really rigid culture and all the reviews about derogatory in the work place.

Interview Questions
  • Overcoming adversity Life motto Why garnter Why sales Why you
    Answer Question

Gartner

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

1st round is a basic interview, 2nd round is an hour-long writing exercise, 3rd round is a two-part interview with 1 hour being a behavioural interview, and the second hour being a case study exercise

Interview Questions
  • Most relate to your resume and how well you work within a team
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Gartner

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL)

Interview

Very extensive interview process but worth it in the end! About 4-5 interviews-first the screening interview with the sourcer, then the behavioral interview with the recruiter, then an interview with the hiring manager, then a semi-panel interview with the hiring manager and his/her leadership team, and then flown down in person for a half day/ 4 hour in person interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Dallas, TX)

Interview

2nd round interview was super intense. Definitely one of the hardest interviews I’ve ever had. It seemed like even though I used the S.T.A.R. method for behavioral questions it wasn’t a sufficient answer for the interviewer. And they provided me immediate feedback during the interview. I did tons of research based on the information they provided me as well as reaching out and speaking with employees. Gave me a week to prepare, not sure what all they expect from a college student.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time you failed? Why Gartner (dive deep)? Why sales (what’s your why)? Explain end users and tech vendors (dive deep)?
1 person found this interview helpful

Gartner

Application

I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

4 rounds of interviews with the recruiter first, hiring manager, peer interview and panel interview. Easy if you get well prepared and know what you what. It will be difficult if treat like as a normal interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gartner

Application

I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

Initial experience/competency-based call with recruiter. 2 prep calls with the same recruiter for the final interview. Knowledge-based and then a role play which you are expected to have lots of Gartner knowledge.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gartner

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

Call with Recruiter, then video interview with Recruiter and role play, 2 interviews with VP and manager including role play and task I could prep for and one I couldn't. Prep for STAR response questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gartner

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

3 Stages, first stage was just overviews on your position and what you have done. Second was more technical related to Gartner and go through their values and how you can relate to each of them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gartner

Application

I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

3 rounds (first two with HR and a third with senior management). The process is well managed and feedback is provided by HR before the last round of interviews. However, in my opinion interviewers expect cookie-cutter responses and may therefore penalize good candidates.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Gartner

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

The process took 6 weeks and included 5 interviews and one task. Highs: The team was friendly and spoke about the business and position honestly. Felt supported through the process.... until the end. Recruiter was in touch and helpful. It sounded like the company was one of the better ones to work for. Lows: The skill test required you to work on an actual business problem rather than hypothetical ones (red flag for any interview process). Everyone was friendly and frank... except for one person who'd be on the team you'd be on, who was a bit passive aggressive. That was awkward. But I guess it was related to a wider situation with the company After getting to the end of the process, I was sent a generic rejection letter.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with conflict? How do you deal with different cultures? The usual.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,906 Interviews