Gavin de Becker & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gavin de Becker & Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Gavin de Becker & Associates

2.6

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I was Interviewed by a Team member at Gavin de Becker and Associates via telephone and video conference. The Recruiter at GDBA was extremely helpful, professional and worked with me on a time that worked best for me. I literally did the Interview from my living room.

Interview Questions

• The questions were professional, they were based on my experience, background and moral character. This was a smooth process. I felt like I knew the Recruiter personally. I felt very comfortable explaining my background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

This place is a joke. To this day I am still lost. I along with a group of other people were invited in for a group interview. It was supposed to last for three days. We went through a few tests during those days, all of which I passed or at least I was told so. My senses told me that something was wrong when a few people failed the tests, but they kept giving them lots of opportunities to pass those tests. Then, on the second to the last day they drug test us and then take us to lunch. After all that we end up having an appetizing lunch and then we go back. They begin introducing us to time cards when they call a few people out who were unknowingly being dismissed. Then they call me and I talk to one of their clowns who tells me that I didn't make it. I ask him why and he says it's not a "good fit." I then asked him why, due to the fact that I had passed all of tests that they gave me. He gave me no answer, he probably lacked proper vocabulary. I was beyond lost, especially since the other applicants who were escorted out did not pass the tests. It doesn't anger me that they I didn't get hired it's just the BS that they gave us. If you don't want to hire us get to the damn point already. Don't introduce us to time cards, have us drive so damn far and then smile to our faces then all of a sudden "you didn't make it." Then again they were correct, it's not a good fit for me. I would much better off in law enforcement where I can help save lives, make a much higher salary, use my fluency in other languages and have a much more secure position. And, at least in the hiring process of law enforcement they don't BS you and waste your damn time. They won't invite to the academy if you have a DUI and they out the clear blue sky "oh you didn't make it." If you are disqualified they tell you instantly and most give you a reason or at least you might have an idea why you were disqualified , but with this place I'm still lost. Do your self a favor and join a career that actually makes difference in people's lives and that impacts the public. Quit the bull GDBA!

Security Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

This is the sequence. It lasted a total of 3 days, but for 3 of us it lasted for 2 days. On the first day I failed the physical, but "luckily" for me they decided to give me a second chance. All of the others passed the physical. For the remainder of the 1st day they gave us lectures and other info. On day 2 they let us take the CPR test and gave us more lectures, we also received a test for the info that we received on day 1. One of the guys who took the CPR and the test on the info from the first day failed both tests, but one of the guys from Gavin de Becker and Associates who was working gave that guy numerous chances (it seemed like they really wanted all of the applicants to pass the tests). After taking the tests they gave us more lectures. After the lectures, they drug tested us then we went to lunch during lunch we were conversing amongst each other and had a great time. After lunch we headed back so that they could introduce us to our timecards. While we sat in the room they began calling us out one by one (they called a total of three of us out). They called us out to dismiss us and tell us that we did not make it. We were of course quite upset. The reason that they gave me was becuase I didn't pass the physical test, the dismissed the guy that also failed his CPR test and the other lecture test and they dismissed another guy who didn't fail anything. My question is why didn't you dismiss us on the first day when I failed the physical test or dismiss the other guy after he failed the CPR test and lecture test?? Why waste our time and be so darn fake about it?? They smiled to our face and said we will give you guys all the tools to pass and they seemed like they wanted us to pass then out of nowhere just dismiss people. Then those cretins just lied to us throughout the entire process and wasted our time. How unprofessional and disrespectful! This company like a fake friend.Damn idiots!

SSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online; Skype Interview, Phone Call, 127 Question/ Videotaped Interview, Polygraph Background Check, Psych done at Academy. It was very efficient, I had gone through LE recruiting prior and felt they were equal.

Interview Questions

• Am I trustworthy, Honest, Focused.   1 Answer

Security Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

What a complete waste of time and funny ending to it all. I applied online Thinking having a military background along with an active secret clearance would be a no brainier for the position. Applied online, was gotten back to within 5 days and given two phone interviews. Physical test was easy and surpassed their minimum standard.

The process seem to go smooth until I was contacted by a recruiter through email that I was no longer in the process and no reasons given. I Was confused but coincidently a buddy of mine with same background and who applied at the same time told me they offered him a conditional offer but he turned them down for a better position elsewhere.

So this crap company lost two good candidates trying to save money, by stiffing me and going with a similar candidate lol. Maybe I was asking for them too much, who knows but reading these reviews seems like I ain't missing much

Interview Questions

• Explain further on your experiences and how you would be a valuable asset for our company   1 Answer

SSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates in November 2016.

Interview

Great process. Several steps but well organized. Most of it was done via webcam but they got back to you pretty quick. The training academy was fun. A lot of the questions seem redundant but you realize they are asking more about you as a person than they are your experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I considered myself a positive person.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates.

Interview

Tons of forms, polygraph, 2 webcam interviews. They use this skype-like program. I had some trouble with getting it to work and called in to support to get it fixed. After the interviews, I had to go to LA for training before getting a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They go through pretty standard questions, like why are you a good fit, what is your relevant experience, your career goals, talk about a military achievement. They asked me a hypothetical scenario about advance work. A LOT of background questions - be prepared to share everything!!   Answer Question

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Hilarious. You have to talk to a cyber Gavin on a computer monitor (which is all prerecorded), as if he's really on Skype or something. It's ridiculous. Then you have to take a lie detector test and some other stuff. They ask you what you saw in specific rooms of the building to test your memory. The physical test is fairly easy, consisting of pull-ups, push-ups, crunches, and a mile run.

Negotiation

Awful. If you in any way imply that you're dissatisfied with the company or your salary, they threaten to fire you. They have no management skills at all. Recently, many long-time employees have been laid-off and part of the company has been sold. I predict GDBA won't be around much longer.

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

A very thorough interview process that took longer than I expected. I wish that I would have received a little more communication from the recruitment team that I spoke with. Overall, a very positive experience.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

Unfortunately, I felt like the company was very unprofessional and disorganized. There was clearly a lack of communication and internal controls, not only directly to me as an applicant, but to other workers in management. I wasted an entire month "interviewing" with this company and even turned down another job offer so my recommendation for anyone else who is interested is to not even bother with this company, unless you want to deal with the frustrations of incompetency. Furthermore, I had an interview set up with one of the managers who never even showed and I waited about 3 hours on my own birthday and even went out of my way to follow up twice to see what happened afterward and it took them well over a week to respond with a petty apology with no explanation. I also did not get a job offer, which is a loss for them as I would really have made that company better with growth.

Interview Questions

• What is it about you that would make the company better?   1 Answer