Gavin de Becker & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gavin de Becker & Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Gavin de Becker & Associates

2.6

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

Unfortunately, I felt like the company was very unprofessional and disorganized. There was clearly a lack of communication and internal controls, not only directly to me as an applicant, but to other workers in management. I wasted an entire month "interviewing" with this company and even turned down another job offer so my recommendation for anyone else who is interested is to not even bother with this company, unless you want to deal with the frustrations of incompetency. Furthermore, I had an interview set up with one of the managers who never even showed and I waited about 3 hours on my own birthday and even went out of my way to follow up twice to see what happened afterward and it took them well over a week to respond with a petty apology with no explanation. I also did not get a job offer, which is a loss for them as I would really have made that company better with growth.

Interview Questions

• What is it about you that would make the company better?   1 Answer

Security Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview 2. In-person interview 3. In-person logic quiz 4. Background investigation questions 5. Virtual interview questions (2+ hours long interview) 6. Additional background question interview 7. Polygraph 8. Offer

Very easy but time-consuming. Be very truthful and honest in all your responses as they will find gaps and they will ask for additional information. Be ready for them to call your previous employers, friends, family, and even people you do not give them permission to contact. They will even ask you to take a "voluntary" polygraph (nothing says cutting-edge security like outdated technology). Overall, a very interesting and engaging interview process, though I'd do your homework beforehand to make sure this firm is really for you.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you leave your current position?
      2. What illegal substances have you used in the past?
      3. List all car accidents you've been in with dates.
      4. Provide your complete address history with dates of the last 12 places you've lived.
      5. Are any of your friends in the media? Who and where?
      6. Have you ever appeared on TV or in the media for any reason? When?
      7. Have you ever been written up by a previous employer?
      8. How would your colleagues at your previous or current position describe you?
      9. Give an example of one positive and one negative experience you've had with a police officer?
      10. Have you ever been a part of a field interview with police?
      11. Have you ever been taken to court? Had a lien filed against you?
      12. Have you ever been involved in a physical fight?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates in September 2015.

Interview

Very in depth interview process. The background investigation is intense and they will find any holes. Be very honest. Be very confident in your abilities but not cocky. They are looking for individuals who are able to adabt.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Received an email with a link to take a ~10 minute digital interview by a certain date. You're given a couple of seconds to think over each question and then you have a maximum of 2 minutes to record your answer via webcam (you can do the interview on your phone too if you have a front-facing camera). You can try out a few sample questions first and review what you've recorded but in the official interview you can't redo anything.
    It was my first time doing an interview this way but everything was pretty simple and straightforward.

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The process is pretty long - they ask you everything. Starts with an online application and then you take a physical test. Then it's phone calls, webcam interviews and a polygraph test.

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process begins with a simple application. After the application, qualified persons are asked to perform a fitness test. Next, a representative from GDB will call and ask several quick questions. Finally, a series of web-based video interviews are conducted where the applicant responds via video. The entire process takes approximately 2-3 months. GDB recruiters operate in a buyer's market, so they do not feel obligated to select anyone they're not completely comfortable with. Because of this, they treat candidates very flippantly. The recruiting team's communication is very poor. GDB recruiters urge candidates to be completely forthright about their background and that honesty is more important than some minor infraction. This may be trued, but the company also refuses to give exit interviews which provide candidates an answer to why they were not selected. This is very, very unprofessional. Overall, the process left me annoyed that I had wasted so much time.

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

1. The initial application
    2. The physical was very easy. The one thing that really matters is the pull-ups/run. if you do very well on this then you'll be a strong candidate and impress them. There's a 2 minute interview after.
    3. Submit Documents
    4. Background process
    5. Phone interview
    This is where I am in the process...

Interview Questions

• They asked me more about my background check.   2 Answers

Investigative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview, is a video interview. They send you an email with a link to a prerecorded interview. You have about a week to do the interview. I did all the practice interviews using their system, however I felt that I was misinformed on the 1. time given to think about the question, and 2. the time given to answer the question. The instructions gave a longer period of time, than what was actually allotted. It was difficult to try and formulate an answer while watching the count-down clock before the recording abruptly stops and you move on to the next question. I found it tough to talk to a computer rather than a person, as well as ensure that the camera was presenting me correctly.

I am rating the interview as "difficult" only because the timing threw me off when trying to answer the questions, and not being able to communicate in real time to a person over the phone or in-person or etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you looking for in your next career? Q: Something along the lines of - tell them a time of when you didn't know something and how did you go about finding it out...   1 Answer

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

There were multiple interviews, as well as a polygraph. There were two video interviews from home and then an "in-person" interview at the LA headquarters, which ends up being a video interview as well (you are asked questions through a video on a screen and respond into a camera being viewed remotely, very odd.) The in-person interview was several hours long and very critical-thinking based. Expect to be mentally tired.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you would do in [hypothetical tactical or ethical dilemma]   4 Answers

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

You will recieve an email telling you to do an online interview in which they have pre recorded questions and you respond to them via video and text. Each question you have about 2 minutes to respond to.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer