Gavin de Becker & Associates Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gavin de Becker & Associates Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Gavin de Becker & Associates

1 Interview Review

2.0

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a terrible candidate experience with this company- one that will last in my memory for quite some time. I was originally reached out via LinkedIn and scheduled a phone call with the recruiter. At the time, I was not pursuing other opportunities but entertained the opportunity in case it was a step up for my career. 10 minutes into the call, I was still not sure about wanting to work there, but the recruiter heavily pressured me into scheduling an in-person interview. The recruiter ended up canceling one business day prior due to some conflict with their rooms (granted, I was a little under the weather) but never initiated contact to reschedule. Once I emailed him, he was quick to reschedule a time. When you arrive for the interview, arrive at least 10-15 minutes earlier than your scheduled time to look for parking as this company will not provide parking in their own structure but recommends you look for street parking. Some streets don't allow parking on Tuesday mornings so read the signs before you get a ticket! Upon arrival, I met with the head of the department who was clearly not briefed on my resume nor my passive candidate status. Once she realized that I was not actually looking for a new job but was merely entertaining the opportunity, she went into a hard sell mode. Before she left, she told me she wanted to schedule a follow-up phone call to allow me more time to ask any questions. The original recruiter came back in and he simply sat there and allowed me to ask questions for an entire hour, which I am grateful for, despite the overall negative experience I had. My interest had increased after chatting with this recruiter, who ensured that he'd schedule a call for me and then sent me the application to fill out before I even arrived home. Because I'm incredibly busy in my current job and wasn't really pursuing new roles, I completed it over the course of a week (it takes 1 hr total, which is way too long in my opinion). I followed up with the recruiter and was surprised to find that he was completely non-responsive despite how aggressive he was previously. I followed up once a week for 3 weeks and heard nothing. This was extremely disappointing since he and his manager made promises that they clearly could not deliver on (scheduling a second round over the phone and telling me that I'm the candidate they would hire), reminding me of how important it is for me to keep my promises for the candidates that I recruit myself. My takeaway is that this place, as fancy as it looks on the inside, is just not worth it. If they cannot deliver on something simple such as scheduling a phone call or moving forward with your application, they most likely cannot deliver on bigger things that greatly affect your job/well-being (i.e. promotions, salaries, etc.). Furthermore, it is quite unfortunate as I have a few contacts that I would have referred to this position had I been treated with more respect throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for our company?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.