Gavin de Becker & Associates Security Staff Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gavin de Becker & Associates Security Staff Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Gavin de Becker & Associates

2.5

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I was Interviewed by a Team member at Gavin de Becker and Associates via telephone and video conference. The Recruiter at GDBA was extremely helpful, professional and worked with me on a time that worked best for me. I literally did the Interview from my living room.

Interview Questions

• The questions were professional, they were based on my experience, background and moral character. This was a smooth process. I felt like I knew the Recruiter personally. I felt very comfortable explaining my background.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gavin de Becker & Associates

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

This place is a joke. To this day I am still lost. I along with a group of other people were invited in for a group interview. It was supposed to last for three days. We went through a few tests during those days, all of which I passed or at least I was told so. My senses told me that something was wrong when a few people failed the tests, but they kept giving them lots of opportunities to pass those tests. Then, on the second to the last day they drug test us and then take us to lunch. After all that we end up having an appetizing lunch and then we go back. They begin introducing us to time cards when they call a few people out who were unknowingly being dismissed. Then they call me and I talk to one of their clowns who tells me that I didn't make it. I ask him why and he says it's not a "good fit." I then asked him why, due to the fact that I had passed all of tests that they gave me. He gave me no answer, he probably lacked proper vocabulary. I was beyond lost, especially since the other applicants who were escorted out did not pass the tests. It doesn't anger me that they I didn't get hired it's just the BS that they gave us. If you don't want to hire us get to the damn point already. Don't introduce us to time cards, have us drive so damn far and then smile to our faces then all of a sudden "you didn't make it." Then again they were correct, it's not a good fit for me. I would much better off in law enforcement where I can help save lives, make a much higher salary, use my fluency in other languages and have a much more secure position. And, at least in the hiring process of law enforcement they don't BS you and waste your damn time. They won't invite to the academy if you have a DUI and they out the clear blue sky "oh you didn't make it." If you are disqualified they tell you instantly and most give you a reason or at least you might have an idea why you were disqualified , but with this place I'm still lost. Do your self a favor and join a career that actually makes difference in people's lives and that impacts the public. Quit the bull GDBA!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Hilarious. You have to talk to a cyber Gavin on a computer monitor (which is all prerecorded), as if he's really on Skype or something. It's ridiculous. Then you have to take a lie detector test and some other stuff. They ask you what you saw in specific rooms of the building to test your memory. The physical test is fairly easy, consisting of pull-ups, push-ups, crunches, and a mile run.

Negotiation

Awful. If you in any way imply that you're dissatisfied with the company or your salary, they threaten to fire you. They have no management skills at all. Recently, many long-time employees have been laid-off and part of the company has been sold. I predict GDBA won't be around much longer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

A very thorough interview process that took longer than I expected. I wish that I would have received a little more communication from the recruitment team that I spoke with. Overall, a very positive experience.

Security Staff Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates in September 2015.

Interview

Very in depth interview process. The background investigation is intense and they will find any holes. Be very honest. Be very confident in your abilities but not cocky. They are looking for individuals who are able to adabt.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The process is pretty long - they ask you everything. Starts with an online application and then you take a physical test. Then it's phone calls, webcam interviews and a polygraph test.

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process begins with a simple application. After the application, qualified persons are asked to perform a fitness test. Next, a representative from GDB will call and ask several quick questions. Finally, a series of web-based video interviews are conducted where the applicant responds via video. The entire process takes approximately 2-3 months. GDB recruiters operate in a buyer's market, so they do not feel obligated to select anyone they're not completely comfortable with. Because of this, they treat candidates very flippantly. The recruiting team's communication is very poor. GDB recruiters urge candidates to be completely forthright about their background and that honesty is more important than some minor infraction. This may be trued, but the company also refuses to give exit interviews which provide candidates an answer to why they were not selected. This is very, very unprofessional. Overall, the process left me annoyed that I had wasted so much time.

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

1. The initial application
    2. The physical was very easy. The one thing that really matters is the pull-ups/run. if you do very well on this then you'll be a strong candidate and impress them. There's a 2 minute interview after.
    3. Submit Documents
    4. Background process
    5. Phone interview
    This is where I am in the process...

Interview Questions

• They asked me more about my background check.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

There were multiple interviews, as well as a polygraph. There were two video interviews from home and then an "in-person" interview at the LA headquarters, which ends up being a video interview as well (you are asked questions through a video on a screen and respond into a camera being viewed remotely, very odd.) The in-person interview was several hours long and very critical-thinking based. Expect to be mentally tired.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you would do in [hypothetical tactical or ethical dilemma]   4 Answers

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (New York, NY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Process is fairly long, but still only several weeks. You'll know pretty quickly if they're going to hire you.
    1. Submit Resume online and answer several questions
    2. Complete lengthy application online
    3. Physical Fitness Test (Pull-ups, pushups, sit-ups, one-mile run)
    4. Phone Call: Talked about relocation
    5. Webcam interview
    6. Polygraph
    7. Webcam interview
    8. 10-day training in Los Angeles

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you interested in a career with Gavin de Becker & Associates?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.