Gemalto Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Oct 2018

2.8

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews, in the first step I had coding assessment. It was pretty easy task, about bowling game, and test the method using unit testing in an hour. Although I did not finish whole assessment, they were satisfied and made second round of interview.

Interview Questions

• I got several technical questions about Java, SQL, J2EE technologies, and some coding exercises, like implementation of Vector. I believe I did good job on the second interview, even providing code optimization, algorithmic analyzes, and etc.   Answer Question

Java Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview

The interview was on the phone and was not that difficult. It was only one technical phone interview. I did the interview with two team members and the interview took around an hour

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were related to Spring framework like what is Spring MVC   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a friend. HR contacted me to schedule an interview for Monday. She sent me the job description for "Software Development Manager", and the names and title of people who will interview me over the phone (3 people).

I think the people who are interviewing me are located in a different country, and unfortunately, none of them was able to talk to me on the scheduled time. I contacted HR, and she is very apologetic and nice. She rescheduled my interview with a different manager for the next day.

During my interview, I found out the interview is for team lead position, not the software development manager that I was told by HR. I still continued with the interview just to get some practice but I was a bit disappointed.

Gemalto's HR is awesome, but the managers seems a little bit unorganized. (Maybe I'm still a bit bitter.... not sure).

Interview Questions

• 1. do you want to spent 80% or 90% of your time coding?
      2. facade design pattern   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was a straight forward Java full stack developer type of conversation. The interviewer asked about my experience and then followed up with some technical question. I was fairly confident I answered them all correctly. After the technical test, it led to me just asking him questions about the development team, methodologies, work-life balance...

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview

I had a phone interview shortly after the application deadline. The interviewer asked basic questions about my strengths, weaknesses, and greatest accomplishments. After the phone interview, I was called in for an in-person interview the following week. There I was interviewed by 5 separate employees. I was asked similar questions to the phone interview but went into more detail. They also were very interested in they type of analysis work I've done in the past or know how to do (using computer applications like Excel).

Overall - it was a good interview. I didn't feel like i was in the hot seat and it was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest project you've worked on using Excel?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview with the hiring manager and an HR rep.

The hiring manager was cold and distant from the beginning and didn't give me much of a chance to explain my relevant experience or my ideas for the company. The HR rep only seemed to have one mindset: skepticism.

I did the recommended follow-ups: thank you messages, inquiries for the next steps, etc, but it still took several weeks to hear a definitive answer and by then I had become frustrated with the lack of communication and eventually disinterested in working for them.

As far as work culture, seemed like a very conservative company, didn't have an "Austin" vibe to it.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto in March 2018.

Interview

Very unprofessional organization. I had multiple phone interviews and was told by almost everyone, including the hiring manager and the senior person I spoke with, that they thought I would be a great fit. The original HR person (who suddenly was no longer with the company) talked specific pay and basically told me that I should expect an offer if the remaining phone interviews went well. They seemed to. Then they told me they were also interviewing one other person and they would get back to me. They went completely quiet on me and I reached out to HR repeatedly. Finally I sent an email to the hiring manager and copied the new HR contact and within 15 minutes the HR contact called me. He said, sorry we pass. I was confused because it was in direct conflict with things I had been told. I asked for an explanation and he said they decided they wanted the position elsewhere. Funny, they had told me the team was spread out all over the world and that the position was remote. The hiring manager had also told me when I spoke with her that I would be a good fit for this job but she also had another job she thought I would be a good fit for. I asked about that and was told we have your information and we'll let you know if something comes up.

I am a professional and I always carry myself as such. The drastic shift from what I was told during my conversations and the final outcome makes no sense. And....if it were true that they had decided they wanted the position located elsewhere, then that is a decision that should be made before posting the job so that you don't waste everyone's time.

My advice---Don't waste your time interviewing with this company. If this is the way they treat interview candidates they claim they like (3 of the 5 interviewers told me that as well as both HR people I spoke with) then how are they gonna treat you if you work there?

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working independently and taking the initiative to get things done rather than waiting?   Answer Question

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Went through a phone screen, 3 phone interview, an on-site interview, and provided work samples. After all the I never received a call or email back from the recruiter after following up twice via email and once via phone through the following two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your process to engage stakeholders throughout projects   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I had telephonic interview, write a coding exercise, then face-face interview. The manager asked to create a architecture diagram in the face - face interview. Then asked more technical questions. The interview was about 1 1/2 hrs long.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gemalto in July 2016.

Interview

Difficult to get co-ordinated interviews. But they try really hard and everyone I spoke to was super friendly. Waiting between interviews was painful. But that is mostly because they are distributed globally.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.