Gemalto Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 7 Jul 2018

2.8

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews, in the first step I had coding assessment. It was pretty easy task, about bowling game, and test the method using unit testing in an hour. Although I did not finish whole assessment, they were satisfied and made second round of interview.

Interview Questions

• I got several technical questions about Java, SQL, J2EE technologies, and some coding exercises, like implementation of Vector. I believe I did good job on the second interview, even providing code optimization, algorithmic analyzes, and etc.   Answer Question

Java Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview

The interview was on the phone and was not that difficult. It was only one technical phone interview. I did the interview with two team members and the interview took around an hour

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were related to Spring framework like what is Spring MVC   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a friend. HR contacted me to schedule an interview for Monday. She sent me the job description for "Software Development Manager", and the names and title of people who will interview me over the phone (3 people).

I think the people who are interviewing me are located in a different country, and unfortunately, none of them was able to talk to me on the scheduled time. I contacted HR, and she is very apologetic and nice. She rescheduled my interview with a different manager for the next day.

During my interview, I found out the interview is for team lead position, not the software development manager that I was told by HR. I still continued with the interview just to get some practice but I was a bit disappointed.

Gemalto's HR is awesome, but the managers seems a little bit unorganized. (Maybe I'm still a bit bitter.... not sure).

Interview Questions

• 1. do you want to spent 80% or 90% of your time coding?
      2. facade design pattern   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was a straight forward Java full stack developer type of conversation. The interviewer asked about my experience and then followed up with some technical question. I was fairly confident I answered them all correctly. After the technical test, it led to me just asking him questions about the development team, methodologies, work-life balance...

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview

I had a phone interview shortly after the application deadline. The interviewer asked basic questions about my strengths, weaknesses, and greatest accomplishments. After the phone interview, I was called in for an in-person interview the following week. There I was interviewed by 5 separate employees. I was asked similar questions to the phone interview but went into more detail. They also were very interested in they type of analysis work I've done in the past or know how to do (using computer applications like Excel).

Overall - it was a good interview. I didn't feel like i was in the hot seat and it was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest project you've worked on using Excel?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview with the hiring manager and an HR rep.

The hiring manager was cold and distant from the beginning and didn't give me much of a chance to explain my relevant experience or my ideas for the company. The HR rep only seemed to have one mindset: skepticism.

I did the recommended follow-ups: thank you messages, inquiries for the next steps, etc, but it still took several weeks to hear a definitive answer and by then I had become frustrated with the lack of communication and eventually disinterested in working for them.

As far as work culture, seemed like a very conservative company, didn't have an "Austin" vibe to it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I had telephonic interview, write a coding exercise, then face-face interview. The manager asked to create a architecture diagram in the face - face interview. Then asked more technical questions. The interview was about 1 1/2 hrs long.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gemalto in July 2016.

Interview

Difficult to get co-ordinated interviews. But they try really hard and everyone I spoke to was super friendly. Waiting between interviews was painful. But that is mostly because they are distributed globally.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process is fairly easy.
    1. Phone : HR calls to test on some basic questions provided by the hiring manager (Static Classes, multhreading)
    2. Phone : Technical lead interview (Discuss the role, ask if you know all the languages on the job description)
    3. Onsite: About 2hrs. Give you a written test containing about 30 questions (programming and also some technical) after the written test the lead and hiring manager discuss about linqs and in depth concepts and white board discussions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Override vs Overload

2. Triggers

13. Dispatcher

14. MVc

15. MVVM explain

16. If you want to stop the controller from inheriting

17. Interface can be abstract? Or public or private or internal?

18. Linq questions: write a linq query to find all with lastname starting with S

19. Entity Framework: Code first or DB first   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I had the telephonic interview and I was asked to explain my previous work and projects.
    Secondly I was asked to assume a situation and solve the process and suggest possible solutions to it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such if you know everything written on your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was entertained despite salary being so low and I wasnt given the relocation as well.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.