Gemalto Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gemalto Interview Questions

Updated 25 Apr 2018

2.8

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto in March 2018.

Interview

Very unprofessional organization. I had multiple phone interviews and was told by almost everyone, including the hiring manager and the senior person I spoke with, that they thought I would be a great fit. The original HR person (who suddenly was no longer with the company) talked specific pay and basically told me that I should expect an offer if the remaining phone interviews went well. They seemed to. Then they told me they were also interviewing one other person and they would get back to me. They went completely quiet on me and I reached out to HR repeatedly. Finally I sent an email to the hiring manager and copied the new HR contact and within 15 minutes the HR contact called me. He said, sorry we pass. I was confused because it was in direct conflict with things I had been told. I asked for an explanation and he said they decided they wanted the position elsewhere. Funny, they had told me the team was spread out all over the world and that the position was remote. The hiring manager had also told me when I spoke with her that I would be a good fit for this job but she also had another job she thought I would be a good fit for. I asked about that and was told we have your information and we'll let you know if something comes up.

I am a professional and I always carry myself as such. The drastic shift from what I was told during my conversations and the final outcome makes no sense. And....if it were true that they had decided they wanted the position located elsewhere, then that is a decision that should be made before posting the job so that you don't waste everyone's time.

My advice---Don't waste your time interviewing with this company. If this is the way they treat interview candidates they claim they like (3 of the 5 interviewers told me that as well as both HR people I spoke with) then how are they gonna treat you if you work there?

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working independently and taking the initiative to get things done rather than waiting?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomeryville, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Montgomeryville, PA (US)).

Interview

After a phone screen with a recruiter, two on site interviews, the first with the Quality Manager and a HR representative and the second with the Plant Manager, Production Manger and HR Director.

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Went through a phone screen, 3 phone interview, an on-site interview, and provided work samples. After all the I never received a call or email back from the recruiter after following up twice via email and once via phone through the following two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your process to engage stakeholders throughout projects   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process is fairly easy.
    1. Phone : HR calls to test on some basic questions provided by the hiring manager (Static Classes, multhreading)
    2. Phone : Technical lead interview (Discuss the role, ask if you know all the languages on the job description)
    3. Onsite: About 2hrs. Give you a written test containing about 30 questions (programming and also some technical) after the written test the lead and hiring manager discuss about linqs and in depth concepts and white board discussions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Override vs Overload

2. Triggers

13. Dispatcher

14. MVc

15. MVVM explain

16. If you want to stop the controller from inheriting

17. Interface can be abstract? Or public or private or internal?

18. Linq questions: write a linq query to find all with lastname starting with S

19. Entity Framework: Code first or DB first   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gemalto (Pasadena, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

More than 2 months over the entire process. They started off stating the role was for immediate hire and the process would be quick. They had the HR round and hiring manager telephonic interview and then the face to face interview with some of the leadership team. A lot of questions asked and copious notes taken during the interview. Interview seemed to go pretty well and was told they would revert back. After that it was silence for around 3 weeks. Finally the HR calls again to ask if I was still available for an offer to be made and that he would revert in a day or two. Again silence thereafter till I called back the subsequent week only to be told that they had made an internal offer.
    I had read of such unethical interview processes where they call in external candidates to get ideas and inputs when they already have a plan to hire internally. Never thought I would fall prey to such tactics
    Future candidates be wary!!

Interview Questions

• All the information they needed for their internal hire   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gemalto (Belcamp, MD (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a callback couple weeks after applying. The first interview was over the phone. Asked a few behavioral and company questions. Second interview was on-site. The on-site interview was more of an informative meeting rather than an actual interview. I asked questions about the company and the positions and felt pretty confident afterward. However, I did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Gemalto?
      Tell me more about yourself?   Answer Question

Engineering Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview, then an in person interview with HR and production supervisor, a walk through of production floor and all equipment, introduction to current staff. After we were done i was offered the job the very next day, the process was made very easy and convenient for me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gemalto in July 2016.

Interview

Difficult to get co-ordinated interviews. But they try really hard and everyone I spoke to was super friendly. Waiting between interviews was painful. But that is mostly because they are distributed globally.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I had telephonic interview, write a coding exercise, then face-face interview. The manager asked to create a architecture diagram in the face - face interview. Then asked more technical questions. The interview was about 1 1/2 hrs long.

Java Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview

The interview was on the phone and was not that difficult. It was only one technical phone interview. I did the interview with two team members and the interview took around an hour

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were related to Spring framework like what is Spring MVC   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.