Gemalto Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gemalto Interview Questions

Updated 1 May 2017

2.9

Engineering Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview, then an in person interview with HR and production supervisor, a walk through of production floor and all equipment, introduction to current staff. After we were done i was offered the job the very next day, the process was made very easy and convenient for me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gemalto in July 2016.

Interview

Difficult to get co-ordinated interviews. But they try really hard and everyone I spoke to was super friendly. Waiting between interviews was painful. But that is mostly because they are distributed globally.

Java Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview

The interview was on the phone and was not that difficult. It was only one technical phone interview. I did the interview with two team members and the interview took around an hour

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were related to Spring framework like what is Spring MVC   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview

I had a phone interview shortly after the application deadline. The interviewer asked basic questions about my strengths, weaknesses, and greatest accomplishments. After the phone interview, I was called in for an in-person interview the following week. There I was interviewed by 5 separate employees. I was asked similar questions to the phone interview but went into more detail. They also were very interested in they type of analysis work I've done in the past or know how to do (using computer applications like Excel).

Overall - it was a good interview. I didn't feel like i was in the hot seat and it was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest project you've worked on using Excel?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was a straight forward Java full stack developer type of conversation. The interviewer asked about my experience and then followed up with some technical question. I was fairly confident I answered them all correctly. After the technical test, it led to me just asking him questions about the development team, methodologies, work-life balance...

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I had the telephonic interview and I was asked to explain my previous work and projects.
    Secondly I was asked to assume a situation and solve the process and suggest possible solutions to it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such if you know everything written on your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was entertained despite salary being so low and I wasnt given the relocation as well.

Technical Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Phone call for first filter, then hr interview just to check if you fit for the company culture, technical manager for tech part, then hr manager final.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special , normal interview questions, sometimes depends on the interviewer,no fix rule   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to be negotiable

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews, in the first step I had coding assessment. It was pretty easy task, about bowling game, and test the method using unit testing in an hour. Although I did not finish whole assessment, they were satisfied and made second round of interview.

Interview Questions

• I got several technical questions about Java, SQL, J2EE technologies, and some coding exercises, like implementation of Vector. I believe I did good job on the second interview, even providing code optimization, algorithmic analyzes, and etc.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a friend. HR contacted me to schedule an interview for Monday. She sent me the job description for "Software Development Manager", and the names and title of people who will interview me over the phone (3 people).

I think the people who are interviewing me are located in a different country, and unfortunately, none of them was able to talk to me on the scheduled time. I contacted HR, and she is very apologetic and nice. She rescheduled my interview with a different manager for the next day.

During my interview, I found out the interview is for team lead position, not the software development manager that I was told by HR. I still continued with the interview just to get some practice but I was a bit disappointed.

Gemalto's HR is awesome, but the managers seems a little bit unorganized. (Maybe I'm still a bit bitter.... not sure).

Interview Questions

• 1. do you want to spent 80% or 90% of your time coding?
      2. facade design pattern
      1 Answer

Senior UNIX Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Process was very fast once it got moving. Scheduling seemed to be a real issue for them, the date changed repeatedly and interviewer was over an hour late. Testing & questions were very in-depth. Interviewer appreciated straight answers.
    HR very thorough during on-boarding, covered all topics related to HR aspects (benefits, etc..) and was available for follow up after I started.

Interview Questions

• Technical written test went into many areas I had no documented expertise in, questions within my area pushed me to the limits of my knowledge. No unexpected questions, no real difficult ones since interviewer was as technical as I am and I was straightforward if I did not know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The first one was in line with the market and close to what I expected, so I took it.
     I wanted the technical aspect of the job based on the companies potential.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.