Genentech Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Genentech Interview Questions

Interviews at Genentech

3.1

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Great process. Quick and comprehensive. Make sure that you be yourself during the process. They look for fit for their culture as much as experience in a given specialty or geography. Talent in leadership is evident.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the team if you get this position?   Answer Question
    • Asked mostly thought-process and attributes questions.   Answer Question

Clinical Trial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I was submitted for this position by a recruiter, who, after a few weeks, informed me that Genenetech wanted to schedule a phone screen, so I underwent a 30 minute phone screen with a Clinical Trial Manager. The following day, based on the phone screen, the recruiter told me that Genentech wanted to schedule an in-person interview. This interview consisted of a 30 minute 1:1 interview with another Clinical Trial Manager and a 45 minute panel interview with 1 Clinical Trial Manager and 2 Clinical Trial Associates. The 1:1 phone and in-person interviewers were very friendly. The panel seemed distant at first, but warmed up and became more engaged as the interview progressed. Every single question presented to me during the phone and in-person interviews was behavioral, e.g. "describe a time when you had a conflict with a colleague and the specific steps you took to resolve it".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were successful and outline the reasons for your success.   Answer Question

After one month had passed since my in-person interview with no feedback, I asked the recruiter for a status update. He replied that I was still in consideration, but because I'd received a competitive offer at another company, I ended up withdrawing my candidacy.

Clinical Trial Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

I did phone interview. The interviewer asked questions mostly on experiences and skills for the position. interviewer seemed nice and friendly. However, I didn't have skills and experiences they were looking for. It seemed like they looked for someone with experience rather than new.

Clinical Trial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

HR frequently messes up. They've misplaced CVs and have mistaken candidates. Feedback can be on track or completely off. Have patience. Some anticipate Roche to clean up process. Highly political, don't be surprised if you get passed over for someone lacking experience. This includes having degrees. Have teamwork examples.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Regardless what they say, they do negotiate. Be careful of negotiating benefits. Roche benefits are not expected to be good and all are subject to change

Clinical Trial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

All the Sr. CTM managers team at once, for an hour, behavior / personality questions mainly, with focus on networking and communication. Several regular questions are asked by each team member, after you tell about yourself. Then additional more specific questions are asked.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. One panel and one with the hiring manager. Pretty straightforward with typical interview questions. Know your experience and why you are a good candidate. External candidates will have a phone screen as well that goes over your resume and background.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genentech in January 2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview after submitting resume on university online job borad. Got a phone interview two weeks later.Introduced some projects; What kind of statistical methodology have you used? They used SAS a lot instead of R.

Interview Questions

• Introduce projects; What kind of statistical methodology have you used?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 supervisors. Asked a lot of situational questions and took notes while answering the questions. Asked for personal examples as well. Asked for a writing sample as well. Toured the floor and got to see the set up of the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult patient/customer and how you handled the situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick and simple, 15 min and hired within a couple hours. 2 on 1 interview and they had a set list of questions we went over. Personality I believe is important and

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle a data entry job where it may get boring?   1 Answer

Intake Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

This was a panel interview with supervisors and manager. Most were behavioral questions but was also asked why I want to be within part of the company. The questions were not unexpected, they all go into depth of Genentech's core competencies

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with repetition in this job?   1 Answer