Glassdoor Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Account Manager

Glassdoor Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I had a phone screening with a recruiter from USA, everything went smoothly, they going to build a small team in Dublin, most the questions are sales related, team work and why with glassdoor

Interview Questions

• When you realise you interested in sales?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

The process was a bit lengthy, but only b/c they are growing like crazy and need to get spots filled quickly. I had a phone screening with a recruiter, came in to meet with the hiring manager, then had a sales pitch for three members of the team (definitely a challenging aspect, but great feedback). From there I was called back in to meet with the hiring manager again and then three other managers/senior members of the team. Everyone here is incredibly helpful and transparent about the job and what working at Glassdoor is like!

Interview Questions

• A lot of personality questions-they want to make sure you a culture fit. It is very important.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

There was four total steps that took a little less than a month. Each step was well communicated for what was expected, how to prepare, and next steps. First there was a Phone screen, then I met with a few of the team members in person and it was somewhat conversational and situational questions. The 3rd step was a sales pitch was focused on my role (Account Management), where I was given feedback on how I did right after. The final step was a final in person interview with 4 more team members where it was again conversational and somewhat focused on questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in "growth" over "new business"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward. Started with an initial screening with a recruiter with very basic questions (job history, skills, why Glassdoor? etc.). Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager also straight forward and very conversational (my experience, why Glassdoor, what was my understanding of the role, any questions?).

The next step is where it gets a bit intense - the mock presentation. You're provided with a renewal deck that you'll be presenting to various managers within the sales team. This is probably the most important step in the interview process and I can't stress enough how important it is to prepare!

After that there's a final interview with a few managers and some folks on the team. That same day I was made an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute phone screen with a recruiter. This was a typical screening where they want to know what you're looking for and they let you know about the role.

I was then invited into the office a week later for a 30 minute one on one with the hiring manager. This was a deeper discussion on the role and how it aligned with what I was seeking.

The third step was an online sales presentation with the hiring manager and two other managers in California. As others mentioned, this is the part that requires the most preparation. You don't need to be a product expert to do well at this. Just make sure to ask questions and be ready to address the needs you uncover with solutions.

For the final step in the process I was invited back into the office for a series of four 30 minute meetings. At this point you are being highly considered for the role. They just want to make sure you will be a good culture fit and truly want the role.

I received an offer later that afternoon and gladly accepted.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process of the interview was pretty standard. Started off with the recruiter, met with the hiring manager onsite, followed up by a presentation (where you play the role of the AM and assign roles to three people of the organization within your book of business).

Throughout the whole process, it was super difficult to get a hold of the recruiter. We had our initial call set up and then I found out the call wasn't going to happen. The recruiter asked me for another time, I provided that but no response for a good four to five days. Once the onsite was set up, the communication again went dark for quite some time. After my presentation, I gave it a few days before I follow up because I know the team had to debrief. I waited for another five days before I heard back from the recruiter and was told I would hear back by EOD (which didn't happen). Wait for about a week and received a rejection email. The email was pretty straightforward, telling me that there were other candidates that did a better job than me. At the end of the email, the recruiter offered to provide me with feedback and asked when will be a good time to chat. I responded saying I am more than happy to hear feedback and AGAIN no response.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was very surprised that considering Glassdoor is a company that helps people find a job, that their process would not only be long and tedious, but also that the recruiter for this position would be unhelpful and unprofessional. I was an employee referral and had it not been out of respect to that employee, I would have pulled my name from consideration.

The overall process is only 4 rounds so it's not too bad, but that's assuming filling this position is a priority for them- if it's not, then be prepared to wait. It took me over 7 weeks to get through all 4 stages, that's awfully excessive for a $45k salary. Just to put this into perspective, it took over four weeks from the time I did my presentation till they scheduled my in person interview. It took two weeks for the recruiter to even tell me I made it through to the next round, then another two weeks for them to schedule it. I sent multiple follow up emails and none of them were returned, until it was convenient for them.

Just a little tip to the recruiter, if you have to begin every e-mail with "Sorry for the delay", you should probably ask for help with time organization.

If they don't offer you the position, they will provide you with "constructive feedback". Can't speak for everyone else, but my feedback was wildly inaccurate. Apparently I would have been a better fit for new business, but I haven't worked in new business development in over two years and didn't mention any of my new business experience in my interview- so like I said, wildly inaccurate.

The first two steps are pretty easy and straight forward, the first was an HR screening where they tell you about the position and the salary, etc.. Then after that you have another phone conversation with the hiring manager, again, the questions are pretty straight forward. After that you will move onto a presentation, where you have to give a mock renewal call with two sales managers and a team member acting as employees of that business. The recruiter will "prep" you for this, but personally, she provided me no information to the questions I asked that I found useful. Little hint: at the end of the presentation they will tell you they need to talk internally, you must ask to schedule a follow up call to touch base or your odds of moving on are decreased. Then if you make it through the presentation, they'll bring you in for a series of interviews with the hiring manager, another sales manager, the department head, and two current members of the team. The department head will ask you a brain teaser about 9 balls and 1 weighs different--you can Google it to find the answer.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

24 Mar 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We know that it is a delicate exercise to interview while team and headcount planning is occurring, and we are very sorry that timing... More

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. 2 phone screens, the pitch, and a 2 hour on site final round interview. The recruiters were very helpful and the conversations got more in depth as you went along. The pitch was the hardest part but they give you documents and information to prepare beforehand so it was explained very well. The on site interview was the most interesting as you were able to see and understand how the team operates and what they do on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• A difficult brain teaser to decipher how you 1) would solve the problem and 2) how you would articulate it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Very fun and interactive process. The process was a total of 4 interviews. The first interview was with a Recruiter and very standard phone-screening questions. It was extremely conversation. The second was with the Hiring Manager and went over more interview, behavioral questions. The third was my favorite part- the product pitch and mock call. Glassdoor's recruiter provided me with various different resources and slide decks for preparation for the 45 call. The final interview was two hours and with 4 different Glassdoor employees (Hiring Manager, Director of Sales, Account Executive, Account Manager)

Interview Questions

• What would you like to accomplish in your first 30, 60, 90 days?   Answer Question

29 Aug 2018 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We are so glad you had a positive interview experience with us! Sales presentation interviews can be challenging, and we're glad you felt prepared and supported by our recruiting team throughout the... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Seamless interview process with fantastic people throughout! Step 1: initial call with recruiter Linda to get a better feel of
    your background and cultural fit Step 2: 30 minute interview with Team Lead in this case Kyle- who is thoughtful, ask good questions and gives very in depth quality answers to yourquestions. This again is to get a feel for cultural fit and previous experience Step 3: Mock Sales Renewal pitch - they give you materials
    To help get you started and a guide of what they are looking for. This piece is really hard and requires a ton of preparation. Start way ahead of time and practice as much as possible beforehand. Know the Discovery Questions process through and through. Afterwards they give feedback which is really helpful. Step 4: 30 minute interviews with 4 different people at different levels. This is to ask some
    Scenerio questions but is to assure you will be a good fit with everyone.

Overall really positive experience. Linda is a great contact throughout. Every person I spoke with at Glassdoor was positive,
    Energetic and transparent. Nothing negative to report.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

12 Nov 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some positive feedback! We truly strive to provide a great experience for every candidate who takes the time to interview with us, and we're so happy to... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.