Glassdoor Associate Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Associate Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.8

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 months total, which was surprising, but I had an incredible experience. I had a phone screening with my recruiter, a phone screening with my manager, a mock pitch presentation with 3 managers, and then finally an in person interview with 3 managers at the Mill Valley location. That totals 4 interviews over the course of 2 months.

The true shining star of my interview process was my recruiter, Kate. She was, by far, the best recruiter I've ever worked with. She was warm, friendly, and extremely helpful throughout the entire experience. We ended up communicating through text, and she was always immediately available when I had a question. She was always willing to schedule a call with me during her off hours (we were on two different time zones). A day before every interview, she made sure we had a prep call to prepare. 5 minutes before every interview, she would send me a "good luck" text to reassure me. I never felt like just another new hire she needed to hit her personal quota — I felt like she genuinely saw talent in me and was there to assist me throughout the entire experience. If you're reading this, Kate, thank you again for the help!

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself more of a hunter or a farmer, and why?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

I had the craziest and most amazing interview process with Glassdoor. I was about to leave town and had a pending offer from another company, so Glassdoor whisked me through the interview process in a few days, including weekend days. I spoke on the phone with a recruiter, then the manager, and then the director of the team. Each conversation was unique and added more insight as to the people and culture of Glassdoor. The discussion with the director was most like a formal interview but was still conversational and fun.

The final step was the Mock Sales Pitch, which was challenging but extremely rewarding! The team sent me a mock sales deck with Glassdoor information and guidelines for a scenario. This was the most fun and unique interview process I've ever been through. If you prepare a ton it pays off and sheds a lot of light on what you'll be doing in a sales growth role. If you don't enjoy the mock sales pitch you probably won't enjoy the job. Some of the other interview reviews spoke negatively about this final step in the interview process, saying it could be learned on the job. I have no prior sales experience but took the initiative to do a ton of research both about sales and with the Glassdoor-specific resources they provided and it paid off. It's not impossible, you just have to want it badly enough!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you demonstrated grit.   1 Answer

Glassdoor Response

29 Aug 2017 – Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

I’m glad to see the interview process went so well and am beaming with pride for our team. Thanks for interviewing with us and welcome to Glassdoor!

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Glassdoor was great. I had contact with a total of 7 different employees. Their interview process started with an HR phone screen, a video interview with one of the Managers, a sales pitch, and three in-person interviews. Although the interview process seems extensive it was refreshing to find a company who wants to hire the right employee and make sure the employee is capable to put in the work and do the job they are interviewing for. Everyone throughout the process was super helpful, welcoming, and transparent.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a book of business, how would you handle it?

The sales pitch is difficult, but make sure to do your research and come prepared.   1 Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall, a frustrating experience. I went through 2 interviews & a Sales Pitch. The first 2 interviews were very straightforward i.e. tell us about yourself, what attracted you to Glassdoor, etc., while the Sales Pitch requires a lot of time & preparation, but comes across as a good taste of the job's duties.

My main frustration with this experience is how the interviewers handled it. I initially thought that each interviewer was very genuine & professional. However, following the Sales Pitch, no one ever reached back out to at least tell me I wouldn't be offered the job. The same people that had been so friendly & easy to talk to suddenly became impossible to reach. I sent a "Thank you" email & still have not heard back. It was like they would only talk to you if they think you could be of use to them. Once they realized I wasn't, I immediately wasn't even worth a quick email telling me the status of my application. This was especially frustrating because the people I had given the Sales Pitch to specifically told me someone would reach out to tell me the status of my application.

I also thought the structure of how the Sales Pitch was graded wasn't entirely fair. I was criticized because the questions I asked weren't "specific enough". This is something that could have EASILY been corrected if this had been outlined more clearly in the guideline. The prompt for the Sales Pitch stated to ask questions, but it didn't outline how important it was to make your questions very specific. I made a point of asking many questions during the Sales Pitch. This was also an ENTRY LEVEL position, where you can easily be taught this. To be critiqued on something so harshly when I could've easily prevented this if they just made this more clear was really unfair in my opinion.

I had a high level of respect for Glassdoor & really high hopes of contributing as a team member. Because of the way I was treated during the interview process, I've lost that respect.

Interview Questions

• What is something you feel very passionate about? Name a time that you had to convince someone of this belief?

Why are you interested in Sales?

Name a very difficult experience for you & how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

See What Glassdoor Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in London, England

Pros: “Glassdoor Europe is a start-up within a start-up. Every single person makes a real difference and the growth opportunities are endless as we continue to expand in Europe and globally. The...”“Glassdoor Europe is a start-up within a start-up. Every single person makes a real difference and the growth opportunities are endless as we continue to expand in Europe and globally. The culture is great, fun, supportive, and the training program is incredible and sets you up for success. Great central London office location, fun team events, collaborative environment in the office - Glassdoor invests in each employee's success and happiness, and that's visible in the way people come to work every day, enthusiastic about the job they do.” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.