Glassdoor Associate Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Associate Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.8

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for an entry level position for the training, and to grow my already existing skills.

1.) I had initial interview with a recruiter who was nice, and easy to communicate with. They were knowledgeable and seemed like they genuinely wanted me to move forward. I was asked general screening questions about my past experiences, career outlook, and personal hobbies.

2.) My second interview was with the hiring manager. They were also very easy to talk to, and asked me a lot of the similar questions. After describing myself and my career goals I was invited to attend a meet and greet at a restaurant in downtown Chicago.

3.) When I arrived to the meet and greet there were quite a few people there. It was a mix of Glassdoor employees and candidates. It was an opportunity to get to know the employees, ask questions, and for them to basically interview you throughout the process. It was a very stressful process to walk in there alone and speak with 40+ people that were judging you the entire time. Several other candidates mentioned the same thing.

4.) After clearing the previous 3 interviews, I was invited to give a sales pitch. The sales pitch was given through an online meeting platform, where I led a presentation to three employees who role played as a client company. I gave my best shot, but they hard stop you at about 20 minutes..so if they ask too many questions you have to cut them off to move forward. I did not and had to rush to finish my presentation. They will ask you questions, and you must provide solutions to their business issues, then close on a new contract by up-selling.

5.) One week after the sales pitch I received a phone call from the recruiter stating that they did not want to move forward because I did not have enough sales experience, which really annoyed me considering I applied for the position because I didn't have a lot of experience. I communicated this EVERY interview I had, but they continued to move me forward. The process was very time consuming and stressful, which turned out to be a waste of time.

In conclusion: They said my skills in all areas were very strong except for my sales closing skills, which to me sounds like I'm a perfect candidate for the entry-level position. Beware..they will move you forward even if you aren't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at Glassdoor?   1 Answer

Glassdoor Response

31 May 2016 – Manager

Hi There -

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your interview experience.

We understand that interviewing for Sales at Glassdoor is not the easiest. Not to mention, with our growing presence in Chicago, we’re having to get a bit creative with how we get to know you. Hence the hiring event we hosted. Moments like those can be a little intimidating and we appreciate you making the effort to put yourself out there. In fact, it looks like you moved forward in the process from there; a true compliment to your skills and potential.

None the less, we acknowledge that not everyone is a fit for Glassdoor, and that’s okay! We wish you the best of luck moving forward and thank you again for taking the time to interview with us.

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process with Glassdoor is very thorough and transparent. It begins with a few phone screens to understand you and your career outlook. Then moves on to a sales pitch and final stage video conference interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Throughout the course of the interview process I had a total of 4 interviews. Two phone interviews, a Skype interview, and a mock sales pitch. Everyone who I spoke with was intuitive and incredibly helpful. The whole process felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about yourself"
      What drives you?
      If handed a book of business, how would you handle it?
      Are you a leader or a follower?   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

First was a Screening call by an internal recruiter. After the first call, a Skype interview with 3 current managers took place. After making it to the next round, a 30 minute sales pitch that was presented via GoToMeeting with 3 individuals on the call (kind of like a role play scenario). Finally, a call with Director to seal the deal!

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      How do you handle conflict or rejection?
      Why Glassdoor?
      Give me an example of a time where you had to make an extremely tough decision but you knew it was the right thing?   Answer Question