Glassdoor Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and went smoothly. I was referred by a current employee and was invited for an initial screening with HR. Sarah was helpful and transparent during the entire process. I had a call with the Team Manager shortly after. It was a half an hour, friendly conversation to go through my skills and experience. Within few days I was invited to an onsite interview. As I had some family commitments I wasn't able to attend straight away but luckily everybody was understanding. The onsite interview itinerary seemed little scary (30 min presentation followed by 4 individual interviews with 5 people), but I really enjoyed it. Everybody was very friendly and made me feel at ease. Last step was a video conference call with the Hiring Manager. Again I had a pleasant experience and was offered a job within the next few days!

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of ordinary, mostly behavioral questions about dealing in certain situations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Manager, Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was able to get an interview through an employee referral. My interview process was very smooth and clear to me. It consisted of two phone screens and one 2.5 hour in-person interview with a presentation.

Manager, Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Really thorough and intentional process allowing me many opportunities to consider if this role, team and company was the right move for my career. Lasted three months and 6 rounds of interviews/presentations/meet and greets. The recruiter was always quick to respond to my emails and even called to check in between steps independent of any inquiry from me. She did a great job of informing me of next steps and timing.

Everyone was so kind and thoughtful in their questions and conversation. They were transparent in answering my questions and didn’t try to hide anything.

When I came in office they did a brief tour and talked about the office space and culture. This was a nice touch to get to see behind the facade.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

- Phone screening with recruiter
    - Phone screening with hiring manager
    - Onsite presentation

Overall process was awesome. Recruiter kept me in the loop constantly and provided plenty of information to make sure I was well informed going into each step. There were some moving parts that made this a super quick process and the entire team was amazing at making everything happen smoothly and very quickly!

So excited to join the team and thank you to an awesome recruiting team and process!

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to deliver bad news to a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

All I can say is they seem to practice what they preach which is beyond refreshing! I was thorough impressed by the candidate experience I received throughout the entire process. They even sent a promo code for a Lyft because it was cold out and they wanted to make sure I had safe transportation to and from the interview. Fantastic experience all around!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you were presented with a challenging situation and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Interview

Very prompt in getting back. Unfortunately they felt my work experience wasn't the right fit since I didn't have something with the same title in my resume; but frankly that's their perogative, and while it may be disappointing not to move forward, appreciated a quick response and a bit of feedback when requested.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

A really great interview experience. The recruiter calls to schedule interviews and calls when providing updates/feedback making the entire process feel more personal. My process consisted of three rounds: HR phone screening, hiring manager phone call and lastly an on-site presentation + four 30 minute interviews with different members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Questions consisted between a mix of background experience and behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in August 2018.

Interview

The recruiter was very communicative and detail oriented throughout the process. She called me several times to provide updates and check-in. I had a great on-site experience. Each interviewer had a different topic/theme to cover so it made all 4 interviews interesting since no questions were being repeated. I had to complete both an at-home assignment which gave a good glimpse into what kind of day-to-day interaction you may be dealing with a client. I also did a presentation during the on-site interview as if it were an onboarding call for a client, which turned out to be an enjoyable experience, since it allowed me to take an in-depth look into Glassdoor's products and simulated what an onboarding call might look like. The interview panelists who were in my presentation were very receptive, asked good questions during the presentation and gave good feedback in the end.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was a problem/challenge I experienced with a customer and how did I solve it and what data did I need to use to build my case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was clearly laid out and there was excellent forward communication from the Talent Acquisition Partner I worked with. The process felt very thorough which I appreciated and it was obvious that Glassdoor values it's employees and knows what they're looking for. Every conversation I had was very genuine and all stakeholders were very open and honest.

My process was phone screen, phone interview, wirtten exercise prior to in-person presentation and 1:1 interviews, and then a final video conference interview.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

29 Aug 2018 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We are so glad to hear that you joined us via employe referral and that you had a positive experience interviewing. It is important to us that we offer a process that is professional, straight-forward, and timely. We wish you the best in all of your endeavors here at Glassdoor and welcome!
    -Head of Talent Acquisition

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Overall, the process was really straightforward and pleasant. HR was really helpful and available for any calls/questions and all employees were great. I walked away from each step wanting to get the job even more. The process for me was as follows:

1. General call with HR
    2. Personality Test
    3. Call with the hiring manager
    4. Written assignment
    5. In person interviews + quick presentation

My advice would be to ask HR for any clarification, expectations, etc when if you make it to the presentation round. It sounds intimidating at first but after speaking with someone in regards to expectations and their advice, it was a game changer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.