Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process with Glassdoor is very thorough and transparent. It begins with a few phone screens to understand you and your career outlook. Then moves on to a sales pitch and final stage video conference interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for an entry level position for the training, and to grow my already existing skills.

1.) I had initial interview with a recruiter who was nice, and easy to communicate with. They were knowledgeable and seemed like they genuinely wanted me to move forward. I was asked general screening questions about my past experiences, career outlook, and personal hobbies.

2.) My second interview was with the hiring manager. They were also very easy to talk to, and asked me a lot of the similar questions. After describing myself and my career goals I was invited to attend a meet and greet at a restaurant in downtown Chicago.

3.) When I arrived to the meet and greet there were quite a few people there. It was a mix of Glassdoor employees and candidates. It was an opportunity to get to know the employees, ask questions, and for them to basically interview you throughout the process. It was a very stressful process to walk in there alone and speak with 40+ people that were judging you the entire time. Several other candidates mentioned the same thing.

4.) After clearing the previous 3 interviews, I was invited to give a sales pitch. The sales pitch was given through an online meeting platform, where I led a presentation to three employees who role played as a client company. I gave my best shot, but they hard stop you at about 20 minutes..so if they ask too many questions you have to cut them off to move forward. I did not and had to rush to finish my presentation. They will ask you questions, and you must provide solutions to their business issues, then close on a new contract by up-selling.

5.) One week after the sales pitch I received a phone call from the recruiter stating that they did not want to move forward because I did not have enough sales experience, which really annoyed me considering I applied for the position because I didn't have a lot of experience. I communicated this EVERY interview I had, but they continued to move me forward. The process was very time consuming and stressful, which turned out to be a waste of time.

In conclusion: They said my skills in all areas were very strong except for my sales closing skills, which to me sounds like I'm a perfect candidate for the entry-level position. Beware..they will move you forward even if you aren't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at Glassdoor?   1 Answer

Glassdoor Response

31 May 2016 – Manager

Hi There -

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your interview experience.

We understand that interviewing for Sales at Glassdoor is not the easiest. Not to mention, with... More

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

First was a Screening call by an internal recruiter. After the first call, a Skype interview with 3 current managers took place. After making it to the next round, a 30 minute sales pitch that was presented via GoToMeeting with 3 individuals on the call (kind of like a role play scenario). Finally, a call with Director to seal the deal!

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      How do you handle conflict or rejection?
      Why Glassdoor?
      Give me an example of a time where you had to make an extremely tough decision but you knew it was the right thing?   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Throughout the course of the interview process I had a total of 4 interviews. Two phone interviews, a Skype interview, and a mock sales pitch. Everyone who I spoke with was intuitive and incredibly helpful. The whole process felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about yourself"
      What drives you?
      If handed a book of business, how would you handle it?
      Are you a leader or a follower?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Had two phone interview rounds followed by an onsite.

The first phone interview was with the director of engineering. She was incredibly friendly and asked me some basic questions and one algorithm question.

Second phone interview was with a lead engineer. It was much like the first interview except his questions had a lot more to do with multithreading and the sort. I didn't know much about it, but I was able to reason through the correct answers.

My onsite was with 5 different interviewers. All the interviewers were very friendly and gave me a good idea about the personalities and the work culture at Glassdoor.

Onsite interview questions were all varied, only one of them was something you could know from reading books like Cracking the Coding Interview, the rest were about my personality/drive to be in CS and problems where I had to design a solution.

The interview was incredibly enjoyable for me not only because of the people, but because of the questions. For each stage, I felt like I was having a conversation and not being quizzed.

Interview Questions

• I am unable to disclose the actual question, but it was the last question during my interview and it was simply a problem statement that had a lot of different components to it. In order to successfully solve it, it was necessary to pull from a lot of different areas of CS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were very honest and upfront. The offer was incredibly reasonable and I was able to negotiate it a little bit.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was pretty quick at Glassdoor. it took about one week for a phone screen after I submitted my resume, The questions were pretty standard for the phone screen, data structure, a short piece of code, and some JAVA specific questions. After the phone screen, it took about another week for my onsite interview. The format of the onsite interview was similar to most software company where you are interviewed by 5 people lasting 45 min to 1 hr each. Almost all the questions were coding related and about half of them were related to the position I was applying for. I was able to stay quite relax during interviews since I only had to do a little bit of white board and actually get to use a computer for several questions. Compare to the Amazon interview I went on where I was on the white board the whole time, this was a much better experience. I received an offer less than a week after my onsite.

Interview Questions

• White board a functions that finds fibonacci(n) recursively in O(n) and another one iteratively in O(n)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Glassdoor does not have any recruiter for hiring software engineers. I applied online directly on their site and got an interview call within 2 weeks of my application. There was an initial phone screen conducted by a senior engineer at glassdoor. The initial phone screen was ok but the engineer liked my problem solving skills and i was called onsite for the interview. I had 3 technical interviews and 1 interview with a product manager. I found the place to be really exciting and people there were really nice. I got an offer the very next day. Meanwhile, I had 3 other offers as well. I really liked glassdoor but I was not sure about commuting since it is 50 miles away from where I stay. After giving a lot of thought about it and after talking to the VP of engineering and the CEO, I was convinced that this is a place where I would have a great learning experience. I decided to relocate and join glassdoor and accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of one million numbers, how will you find the top n numbers from the list in an efficient way   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Mateo, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Three rounds phone interview and then letter of rejection delivered by email. In the first round, I clearly stated I did not want a QA engineer position. This was not apparent in the next two rounds. At the end of the interview, I was informed the interview went poorly because of telecommunication difficulties.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between String Builder and String Buffer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews focusing on my technical knowledge/level and they asked my career interests at the beginning.

Then I was invited for an onsite visit consists of product/behavior/system/experience interviews and lunch interview. I also talked to my manager at the very end. The recruiter kept me in touch and an offer was made to me with the compensation breakdown and philosophy. I had chance to ask a lot of the questions about the company/team before I accepted the offer.

I find the process pleasant and professional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter wrote me saying they liked my resume and the Engineering Manager would call to interview me on the phone. When I spoke with the engineering manager, I felt like he had already made up his mind before talking to me on the phone. He was abrupt and seemed like he didn't have time for the interview. When I asked him what he would most value from the person he was hiring, he responded he wanted someone who "would work like a machine". Ok....

Interview Questions

• He asked me standard questions about how continuous integration worked and so forth   1 Answer