Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewers were rude, didn't care about passion or hardwork, only technical abilities. Only 1 round was coding (which basically meant you should memorize simple algorithm skills online). Was not told about the skills needed to succeed in the position. I interviewed for UI/UX team that wanted to build a visualization tool for Company Locations on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Phone Round 1:
      1. Find the max product of 3 integers in an array.
      2. Given a list of integer representing stock prices everyday, you can make 1 transaction (1 buy and 1 sell), how to make this transaction as profitable as possible? What is the max profit you can make?

Skype Round 2 + 3 + 4:
      Spoke to a Engineering Lead, Senior Engineer, and Director of Engineering. There were no coding questions, every interview was a design interview. Lots of SQL Questions which I was not prepared for. There were no details about the position and no HR informed me that this round was going to be all about databases. I applied for an intern position, naturally, I lacked some design experience, so it was a bit unfair for me to be asked to design a database for locations and coordinates for businesses and / or how to represent documents in a directory and words in a document in separate SQL tables. I was asked about JOIN queries specifically, and when I wrote 2 SELECT queries instead, the director rejected me. (I didn't have any database on my resume).

Only interview that was reasonable was when I was asked to design a parking lot. This is an OOP question that could be expected from a college student.

Overall, very unorganized. Nothing could prepare me for the interviews. There were no hints of what I was supposed to be tested on. Expectations were unreasonable.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I applied online, then I got an email. Email asked for an updated resume. I sent the updated resume. Later, I got a phone call to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. The interviewer called me on time and our conversation lasted for about one hour.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Had two phone interview rounds followed by an onsite.

The first phone interview was with the director of engineering. She was incredibly friendly and asked me some basic questions and one algorithm question.

Second phone interview was with a lead engineer. It was much like the first interview except his questions had a lot more to do with multithreading and the sort. I didn't know much about it, but I was able to reason through the correct answers.

My onsite was with 5 different interviewers. All the interviewers were very friendly and gave me a good idea about the personalities and the work culture at Glassdoor.

Onsite interview questions were all varied, only one of them was something you could know from reading books like Cracking the Coding Interview, the rest were about my personality/drive to be in CS and problems where I had to design a solution.

The interview was incredibly enjoyable for me not only because of the people, but because of the questions. For each stage, I felt like I was having a conversation and not being quizzed.

Interview Questions

• I am unable to disclose the actual question, but it was the last question during my interview and it was simply a problem statement that had a lot of different components to it. In order to successfully solve it, it was necessary to pull from a lot of different areas of CS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were very honest and upfront. The offer was incredibly reasonable and I was able to negotiate it a little bit.

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was pretty quick at Glassdoor. it took about one week for a phone screen after I submitted my resume, The questions were pretty standard for the phone screen, data structure, a short piece of code, and some JAVA specific questions. After the phone screen, it took about another week for my onsite interview. The format of the onsite interview was similar to most software company where you are interviewed by 5 people lasting 45 min to 1 hr each. Almost all the questions were coding related and about half of them were related to the position I was applying for. I was able to stay quite relax during interviews since I only had to do a little bit of white board and actually get to use a computer for several questions. Compare to the Amazon interview I went on where I was on the white board the whole time, this was a much better experience. I received an offer less than a week after my onsite.

Interview Questions

• White board a functions that finds fibonacci(n) recursively in O(n) and another one iteratively in O(n)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Mateo, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Three rounds phone interview and then letter of rejection delivered by email. In the first round, I clearly stated I did not want a QA engineer position. This was not apparent in the next two rounds. At the end of the interview, I was informed the interview went poorly because of telecommunication difficulties.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between String Builder and String Buffer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Glassdoor does not have any recruiter for hiring software engineers. I applied online directly on their site and got an interview call within 2 weeks of my application. There was an initial phone screen conducted by a senior engineer at glassdoor. The initial phone screen was ok but the engineer liked my problem solving skills and i was called onsite for the interview. I had 3 technical interviews and 1 interview with a product manager. I found the place to be really exciting and people there were really nice. I got an offer the very next day. Meanwhile, I had 3 other offers as well. I really liked glassdoor but I was not sure about commuting since it is 50 miles away from where I stay. After giving a lot of thought about it and after talking to the VP of engineering and the CEO, I was convinced that this is a place where I would have a great learning experience. I decided to relocate and join glassdoor and accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of one million numbers, how will you find the top n numbers from the list in an efficient way   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2018.

Interview

I applied for software engineering role through employee referral. Recruiter contacted me for a brief phone screening. Followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. It was very good, I was able to solve everything and the manager seems impressed.

I followed up with the recruiter several times for 2 weeks. I was told that the manager's feedback was great and in conversation with higher-ups for the next steps and that they want to move forward with me.

Then one day I was told that they are in process of arranging an on-site and the very same day I got an automated email through Jobvite, saying "I am no longer considered for that position".

There was no response from the recruiter after that. It's not as expected. Bad experience.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

29 Aug 2018 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience as a candidate. Hearing conflicting feedback from our team regarding next steps is certainly not an experience we want our candidates to have. I intend to... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Very bad experience. Contact the recruiter and scheduled for a phone screen.

The interviewer first asked me to talk about the projects I’m doing in current company, which are also listed on my resume. Just after that, he said I am not the right person for the role in his team. Not even ask for coding question.

Are you serious? Everything is on my resume. If I’m not the right person, why do you schedule the interview? And seems that the interviewer not even went through my resume before. It’s just a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

30 Nov 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback about our interview process. We never want to waste the time of our candidates, and have communicated with our team in response to your review. We hope that you will... More

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute to hour-long technical interview with an engineering manager. She described the internship's tasks and then asked me a couple technical questions. After that went well, I spoke with the senior engineer who would supervise me during the internship. I came in for an on-site interview that lasted around 2 hours and received an offer the same day. The manager/interviewers I met were very warm and sociable. The company atmosphere was fairly relaxed, which helped alleviate a lot of the stress that can be present during an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a large list of strings (that we are allowed to pre-process), we want to make repeated queries about how many times a particular character appears in all the strings.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer sounds sleepy and tired, every time I finished my talk I need 3 secs to get the response. He finished my interview in about 15 mins and let me ask questions. Anyway, as a company for users to evaluate company and prepare interviews, I expected glassdoor to have a more professional interview.

Update:
    Actually I got the second round interview, maybe my interviewer is just tired, or there is some signal problem.

Another Update:
    The interviewer of second round interview is really nice. And I got the final round interview. But I just have no time to finish it. The overall interview experience is pretty good.

Interview Questions

See What Glassdoor Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Pros: “- Learning opportunities: I feel tremendously lucky to be in a job where I learn something new everyday and where my team encourages me to experiment, learn and develop. I was also able to...”“- Learning opportunities: I feel tremendously lucky to be in a job where I learn something new everyday and where my team encourages me to experiment, learn and develop. I was also able to switch teams internally and I'm very thankful to my managers for giving me the opportunity. - Mission: I joined Glassdoor because I believe in the mission and it's kept me motivated to tough it out during rough patches at work. Almost every employee can recite the company mission word-for-word and it feels so great to hear positive stories from users who've been helped by our work. - Manager/leadership: My manager is great, constantly gives me good feedback and advocates for us constantly. I have a lot of confidence in my department leadership; I feel like they really take our feedback to heart. - People & culture: The people are great and the culture is very welcoming and friendly. I really enjoy working with my team and have a lot of respect for the teammates, mentors and leaders I've met here. - Work/life balance: My manager & team leaders very actively promote flexibility, making sure we can WFH when needed or that we aren't checking email when on vacation (unlimited PTO too!).” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.