Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Updated 13 Jun 2019

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Two calls: first with a recruiter for screening and the second with the lead web developer to discuss the needs of Glassdoor and to answer a short quiz on web vocab essentially. Then after asking to come visit the office twice over a week period, got a rejection letter with no explanation a week later.

Interview Questions

• Q: What does 'use strict' mean in javascript?
      Q: How do you write chainable functions?
      etc...   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewers were rude, didn't care about passion or hardwork, only technical abilities. Only 1 round was coding (which basically meant you should memorize simple algorithm skills online). Was not told about the skills needed to succeed in the position. I interviewed for UI/UX team that wanted to build a visualization tool for Company Locations on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Phone Round 1:
      1. Find the max product of 3 integers in an array.
      2. Given a list of integer representing stock prices everyday, you can make 1 transaction (1 buy and 1 sell), how to make this transaction as profitable as possible? What is the max profit you can make?

Skype Round 2 + 3 + 4:
      Spoke to a Engineering Lead, Senior Engineer, and Director of Engineering. There were no coding questions, every interview was a design interview. Lots of SQL Questions which I was not prepared for. There were no details about the position and no HR informed me that this round was going to be all about databases. I applied for an intern position, naturally, I lacked some design experience, so it was a bit unfair for me to be asked to design a database for locations and coordinates for businesses and / or how to represent documents in a directory and words in a document in separate SQL tables. I was asked about JOIN queries specifically, and when I wrote 2 SELECT queries instead, the director rejected me. (I didn't have any database on my resume).

Only interview that was reasonable was when I was asked to design a parking lot. This is an OOP question that could be expected from a college student.

Overall, very unorganized. Nothing could prepare me for the interviews. There were no hints of what I was supposed to be tested on. Expectations were unreasonable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I applied online, then I got an email. Email asked for an updated resume. I sent the updated resume. Later, I got a phone call to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. The interviewer called me on time and our conversation lasted for about one hour.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I had 1 phone screen and 2 technical interviews. Everything was pretty standard and the people were very easy to talk to & polite. Technical interviewers were great about clarifications and providing hints.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2018.

Interview

I applied for software engineering role through employee referral. Recruiter contacted me for a brief phone screening. Followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager. It was very good, I was able to solve everything and the manager seems impressed.

I followed up with the recruiter several times for 2 weeks. I was told that the manager's feedback was great and in conversation with higher-ups for the next steps and that they want to move forward with me.

Then one day I was told that they are in process of arranging an on-site and the very same day I got an automated email through Jobvite, saying "I am no longer considered for that position".

There was no response from the recruiter after that. It's not as expected. Bad experience.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

29 Aug 2018 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience as a candidate. Hearing conflicting feedback from our team regarding next steps is certainly not an experience we want our candidates to have. I intend to... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Very bad experience. Contact the recruiter and scheduled for a phone screen.

The interviewer first asked me to talk about the projects I’m doing in current company, which are also listed on my resume. Just after that, he said I am not the right person for the role in his team. Not even ask for coding question.

Are you serious? Everything is on my resume. If I’m not the right person, why do you schedule the interview? And seems that the interviewer not even went through my resume before. It’s just a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

30 Nov 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback about our interview process. We never want to waste the time of our candidates, and have communicated with our team in response to your review. We hope that you will... More

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute to hour-long technical interview with an engineering manager. She described the internship's tasks and then asked me a couple technical questions. After that went well, I spoke with the senior engineer who would supervise me during the internship. I came in for an on-site interview that lasted around 2 hours and received an offer the same day. The manager/interviewers I met were very warm and sociable. The company atmosphere was fairly relaxed, which helped alleviate a lot of the stress that can be present during an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a large list of strings (that we are allowed to pre-process), we want to make repeated queries about how many times a particular character appears in all the strings.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer sounds sleepy and tired, every time I finished my talk I need 3 secs to get the response. He finished my interview in about 15 mins and let me ask questions. Anyway, as a company for users to evaluate company and prepare interviews, I expected glassdoor to have a more professional interview.

Update:
    Actually I got the second round interview, maybe my interviewer is just tired, or there is some signal problem.

Another Update:
    The interviewer of second round interview is really nice. And I got the final round interview. But I just have no time to finish it. The overall interview experience is pretty good.

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor in March 2016.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. She started by asking me some basic questions about Glassdoor, then told me about the internship and asked me for relevant experience. After I got through my chatter, she opened it up to questions. I asked a few, but nothing too wild since it was a screening. She told me when she would be in contact with me again.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job? Do you use Glassdoor? Please elaborate on your experience.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in April 2016.

Interview

Prompt in providing feedback, which i appreciated. Honest feedback too. The feedback for me was that I did not sound passionate about social media, which I wish it was more clear

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work on social media and how does it interest you?   Answer Question

See What Glassdoor Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Sales in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Pros: “Career development & growth: I have been working at Glassdoor for 3 years and have been promoted 3 times which is amazing because once you build your internal brand and perform...”“Career development & growth: I have been working at Glassdoor for 3 years and have been promoted 3 times which is amazing because once you build your internal brand and perform well, chances are that you will get promoted. Like any other organization you need to play your cards well and build the right reputation and relationships to speed up your promotion track, but overall, movements do happen frequently. Great benefits & work life balance: Free catered lunch (amazing), dog friendly office (it helps owners and other employees to feel emotionally supported with so many cute dogs in our teams), 401K match (this took a few years but it's amazing that we have it now), very flexible PTO policy as long as you are performing on your numbers, awesome health/dental policies and an ok working from home policy. Office location: This is tough for people that live in the city or if they don't have a car to drive to the office, but being right on the water in the Marin county has elevated the company culture and it's refreshing to work in this beautiful "suburb" only 4 miles north of SF/Marina neighborhood. Lower Management: I have had 4 different managers here and every single one of them were amazing human beings, very empathetic, always supporting reps, passionate about our career and personal development and overall very hard working people that is extremely hard to find in the bay area especially in Sales.” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.