Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Glassdoor Interview Questions

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer sounds sleepy and tired, every time I finished my talk I need 3 secs to get the response. He finished my interview in about 15 mins and let me ask questions. Anyway, as a company for users to evaluate company and prepare interviews, I expected glassdoor to have a more professional interview.

Update:
    Actually I got the second round interview, maybe my interviewer is just tired, or there is some signal problem.

Another Update:
    The interviewer of second round interview is really nice. And I got the final round interview. But I just have no time to finish it. The overall interview experience is pretty good.

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor in March 2016.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. She started by asking me some basic questions about Glassdoor, then told me about the internship and asked me for relevant experience. After I got through my chatter, she opened it up to questions. I asked a few, but nothing too wild since it was a screening. She told me when she would be in contact with me again.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job? Do you use Glassdoor? Please elaborate on your experience.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in April 2016.

Interview

Prompt in providing feedback, which i appreciated. Honest feedback too. The feedback for me was that I did not sound passionate about social media, which I wish it was more clear

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work on social media and how does it interest you?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in February 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter during job fair at school. Had three interviews. Interviewers asked algorithms and data structure questions. HR people contacted me after the interviews within a week. Everyone was very polite and nice.

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a current employee at Glassdoor. I sent my resume to the Hiring Manager and had a brief call. I also had a short call with HR. After that I was set up for my first set of in-person interviews. I met with different levels of people from different teams. This took approximately 3 hours. After this process I was asked to create a presentation on myself and why I think I would be a good candidate for the role. I presented to about 8 people. It wasn't too difficult and the attendees ask questions throughout. I will say it is a bit distracting that some are looking at their computers and typing when you are presenting. Lastly, I had to take a "personality test". This is actually a personality test and a bit like the SAT. There is a LOT of math, so give yourself plenty of time to take it. Oh and brush up on your algebra before starting. After this, I actually received an offer fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to help Glassdoor in this role.   1 Answer

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

I came in about 3 times total. Each time I met with my prospective boss and people who were part of my group. My final presentation to the entire team was pretty fun. I applied in November and got an offer in mid-January.

Interview Questions

• What is your problem-solving style?
      How would you handle x, y, z scenarios?
      How does Glassdoor make its revenue?
      Describe a time when you converted a negative situation/client into a positive one.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

While the interview objective was for the purposes of vetting, it was a rapid fire screening with no opportunity to ask questions or participate interactively. The interview was conducted by the CEO who (while pleasant enough), was rushed and impersonal. He would have been better served by having an HR generalist read through questions and capture responses. Disappointing as this type of phone screen doesn't provide for enough input or feedback to reveal skills, cite characteristics and core competencies that would prompt further exploration . . . wasn't a fair assessment.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

recruiter got in touch with a couple of questions related relocation as it was in marin county, visa status. after my reply, he/she did not have the common courtesy you expect from a recruiter to get back regarding the application status. All they did was update the jobvite application status to "not selected". how rude is that, i would have not wanted to work for this company anyways

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

23 Mar 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We value your input and are sorry to hear about your experience of not receiving an email notification following the interview process. We... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn jobs, I got a response from Glassdoor within a couple days. I had an initial phone screen with hiring manager, then onsite interview with 7 people roughly 45min each. Very little interaction with the recruiting team except for comp negotiation and scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Half of the interviewers asked me the same questions, some interviewers seemed unprepared.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call with internal recruiter. Recruiter (on speakerphone in an echoey room) asked some questions including current salary, and then basically told me I live too far away, and that their max salary was far below my current, but suggested I could still speak to the hiring VP if I wanted to. Followed up with a couple of emails, never heard back. Rather surprising since I was an internal referral from one of their executives.

Interview Questions

• General background questions. The type of questions led me to believe the recruiter didn't really understand the nature of the position or my experience.   Answer Question