Glassdoor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Glassdoor

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me 10 days later. I did the first interview by phone with her and got a positive response after 19 days, when we scheduled an in office interview. In the office I have been interviewed by two people from the team I will work with. Both have been very polite and showed me the whole office and introduced me to some people.

Interview Questions

• A book that inspired you? A person you would like to have dinner with? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was organized very well and the whole Glassdoor approach was highly professional. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to many people. Group lunch was great. Interviewers clearly explained their roles and what my role is going to be. This is easily the best interview process I ever had in my career.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you if contacted?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Excellent experience overall and the people were great! Felt respected throughout entire process. They really go out of their way to help you and answer any of your questions thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in a competitive environment? Why sales?
      What does happiness mean to you? (that one threw me off)   1 Answer

received a better offer

Business Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening with HR, then three phone interviews with people on the team, then a home modeling assignment for which I put together a PPT, then in-person final round, during which I met 6 people back-to-back.

My biggest critique is that the entire team is made up of white males from HBS or Stanford GSB. No diverse perspectives. There was no way they could consider a minority female from a lower MBA for their team. The hiring manager actually asked what my rank was in each of my prior role: which means status and rank is everything to him.

Interview Questions

• what do you think of GD's revenue model? where would you take it in the next 3 years?   Answer Question

Glassdoor Response

29 Aug 2017 – VP & GM of Online Business Operations

Thank you for your feedback and for applying to Glassdoor. I’m sorry this didn’t end up being a fit. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to me as I look at how our teams are building out and who is... More

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

3 stages - Initial phone screen / case interview; take-home excel / ppt homework assignment; in-person panel of fit / case interview questions. Met 6 or 7 different people throughout the process, and got a good feel for the culture of the org and the team.

Interview Questions

• Multiple variations of 'Why Glassdoor' and 'Why this role'? Pretty typical, but important to have given some meaningful thought ahead of time.   Answer Question

Business Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized. Most of the interviews were case study interviews and were discussed in an open format with the interviewer. Interviews were scheduled with multiple levels of people within the organization and gave me a great perspective on the team and the culture.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you if asked about your performance?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, then 2 phone screens with directors on the team (case-based), then a take-home case assignment, then a full day of onsite interviews.

This was one of the more rigorous interview processes I went through during my MBA recruiting process, but it gave me a good understanding of what the day-to-day work would actually involve. Everybody I spoke to seemed both really smart and really passionate about their work, and it was ultimately those conversations that led me to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to manage a project with many cross-functional stakeholders.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen, a phone case about Glassdoor's Jobs Marketplace, an Excel/PowerPoint-heavy take-home case that took ~6 hours to complete, and 4 case-based on-site interviews and a team lunch.

Interview Questions

• Why Glassdoor?   Answer Question
    • When did you face a challenge working cross-functionally across multiple teams at your company? How did you overcome this challenge.   Answer Question

Business Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in October 2018.

Interview

I was always their backup candidate which I got to know only after they said we have filled the role and took down the job postings.
    1) phone screen with recruiter
    2) case interview with Senior Manager over phone
    3) homework - case assignment and presentation to Senior Director
    After this, I was told that I have done well and I have cleared the rounds. They said would get back to me in a week on next stages of interview (which would be an on-site interview). A week later I was told that they have chosen the other candidates for the roles. I also found out that the job postings have been taken down. Thank you so much for wasting my time, Glassdoor! Do keep in mind that interviewees spend time and effort in interviewing and in doing case practices. Appalling!

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

12 Nov 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

I want to sincerely apologize for your experience interviewing with our Business Operations team. We take our hiring for this team very seriously, and we interview many candidates for many open roles... More

Business Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Glassdoor.

Interview

The interview process was long and thorough, and I viewed this as a positive because I was able to get a good idea of how Glassdoor and the BizOps team worked. There was a first round case interview followed by a second round take home case and accompanying presentation, and then a final round with two more cases. The second round take home case was estimated to be 6 hours of work, and I found this to be accurate. All of the interviewers were very professional but also friendly and were happy to share their authentic experiences about working at Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions that preceded the case interviews (Tell me about yourself, why Glassdoor, why BizOps, example of working in a team, etc.)   Answer Question

See What Glassdoor Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Senior Customer Success Manager in Mill Valley, CA (US)

Pros: “While I hate to start this off by mimicking the other reviews, the truth is that by far the greatest aspect of working at Glassdoor is the people. Though I worked on the Customer Success...”“While I hate to start this off by mimicking the other reviews, the truth is that by far the greatest aspect of working at Glassdoor is the people. Though I worked on the Customer Success team, I became close with members across several other departments, and there really is a sense that everyone is in it together. The mission of the company to help job seekers find the job that fits their life and to help employers tell their story and hire great talent is central to everything the company does. Yes, there are times when things can be a bit out of sync between departments, the overall vibe is that you're in it together. I think it goes without saying that the shining light for over a year now has been the VP of Customer Success. I joined Glassdoor's CS team at a time when people were leaving left and right, there was no path for anyone to grow, and you weren't really sure what your priorities and function were. Chris came in and turned the whole org (and frankly the company) on its head and has made everything significantly better. I left a review about a year ago stating that he had stated a goal of making Customer Success THE department that people want to work in; and while I was extremely skeptical of that stretch goal (given the history of the department in the year leading up to then), I am extremely happy to say that I believe he has achieved that goal. In the CS department, I really felt that he cared about the team's successful, as well as my own personal success. My managers supported and empowered me, and the position of CS within the company became one where CSMs were respected for the work they did and looked up to as experts in a number of areas. Additionally, he addressed a major pain point by elevating salaries to a competitive level for the SF Bay Area. Beyond that, bringing in a fantastic Director of Customer Success up-leveled the work we were able to do. I don't know if it was intentional or a happy accident, but by hiring someone with a complete opposite personality I believe the complement each other beautifully and create a great leadership team for ~50 CSMs. Had it not been for an amazing opportunity that I couldn't have passed up, I would've surely stayed at Glassdoor. And lastly, who wouldn't love free parking, free food, fantastic work-life balance, a waterfront location, and dogs E V E R Y W H E R E.” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.